2014 Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Francesa's popularity is fading fast .... I'm surprised ppl still listen to him at all. The Cowerd's, LeBatard's, etc are much more interesting listens on a national level, smarter (in general), way funnier, and more pleasing to the ear. Locally, I switched to 98.7 5 years ago and never looked back. They bring a more intelligent conversation to the table. Francesa will hang on to his demographic while he's still exhaling into the mic, which is older, less intelligent breeds. Young listeners are flocking to the national shows, and 98.7. Francesa's stupid refusal to be on social media is another clown move, oh yeah thats right he thinks he's the pope .... why do NYers think Francesa invented sports talk radio? I can assure you, he did not.

Anyway .. as to what he thinks of the Jets ... I figured out years ago Francesa hates the Jets. When they win, he hates, when they lose he hates. He treats Jets callers like idiots, which is how he treats most of his callers. He is unprofessional interviewing ... remember when he was a jackass with Revis a couple of years ago, trying at painstaking lengths to get him to admit he pass interfered on Marshall on his MNF int TD ret? I can't wait till he retires to a life of whacking off to Bill parcells and Derek Jeter every day, maybe the FAN will hire a competent replacement.

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

3. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

He's going to wind up with Dog again at some point. I can't see people listening to him for any reason besides being a total mongo or just listening to him to make fun of him. That's pretty much his entire listener base at this point

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

His parody accounts are even better than the real one would be. Have you ever read MikeFrancesaNY? It's pretty spot on and types with an accent https://twitter.com/MikeFrancesaNY.

Today will be interesting. I bet he talks zero Jets. Will be all Mets with a little bit Giants sprinkled in.

5. alleycat9

to be fair even sny didnt talk any jets last night.

but fuck that fat coke drinking fuck

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Gym Nance....hahaha

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I find his points of view on many topics to be pretty well spot on. But you're right about him being a Jets hater. No further proof needed than that Revis interview. That was total disrespect and I never heard him treat any other interviewee like that. Jets totally justified in cutting ties with him. Even so, it doesn't mean that all his opinions about the Jets are wrong.

8. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Only this guy can get lucky and have the Mets go to the world series, so he doesnt have to talk about the Jets.

9. alleycat9

he hates the mets just as much as he hates the jets. he is even harder to listen to now than when they are doing bad. at least he is semi comical when they are bad. he also seems to have a lot of people that simply call to fuck with him. which is the best part of his show.

10. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I heard him talking about Sunday's game with Brian Billick. They were actually very positive about the Jets and both agreed that if Ivory has a big day, we'll get an upset.

11. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

theres really not much better radio than when a "mike from monclair" gets through and just gets him all fired up. its the greatest

12. alleycat9

there was a guy on the other day that got him all fired up. he kept saying about how he needed a break from calling. talking to the screener of course. it reminded me of eli that used to call in to him and the weasel and get all fired up and get suspended. it really is the best thing that he can do at this point is get heckled.

13. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

Totally. You don't listen to mike for the info or his opinion, you listen for the fights. No one argues better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Look, at least Mike talks sports, constantly all day long, even if you don't agree with him you can at least hear sports talk on sports radio. Listen to Craig Carton and Boomer in the morning for 20 minutes and you will come to appreciate Francesa. Those two are awful, especially Carton, they talk about ANYTHING but sports, all morning long it's like torture. They give you 30 seconds of sports then Carton goes off on some nonsensical rant for 20 minutes. Then Boomer just wants to talk about the Rangers all day long when they do talk about sports. They can be discussing the Jets and Boomer will throw in "the Rangers won even with their diminished first line, this is their year" Boomer the Jets just played yesterday, we're talking Jets, STFU about your rangers we're 12 games into the season and they didn't even play last night.

Listen to Mike and Mike or Boomer and Carton, even Michael Kay and whatever other half dozen idiots they've brought into that show to try and salvage it, and you'll hear about their wives cooking and the timing of their bowel movements, but you won't hear talk about sports. Mike Golic pretty much talks about domestic violence and Greg Hardy 24 X 7.

dogg and AJW like this.
  15. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

Francesa is a douche, but when he's on, he's on. I still remember his "THEY STINK" rant on the Mets a few years ago, and his Idzik press conference tirade from last season. Legendary radio.

AJW likes this.
  16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Agreed about Boomer and Carton. Carton is an annoying little prick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RuJFan and joe like this.
  17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Francesca must of hated Rex because now with Bowles, he's like a Jet fan again. Thought he would be all over them again, basically gave them a pass blaming the Mangold injury.

18. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that too. When Bill was HC he was a fan too. Today he was ripping the Jets for not having a deep roster on the offensive side of the ball which I agree with.

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

On the way to work tuned into Boomer and Carton and was welcomed to Carton mid screaming rant about IK being named captain, he was mocking Jets fans who took issue with it. I turned the volume up after muting it from being deafened by Carton's horrific whine-scream. I was hoping he was done and some sports were being discussed, but no, they were discussing Carton's sweater he wore to some game 8 years ago.

Beningo and Francesa are the only ones that drop the gimmicks and BS and actually talk sports. As for guys like them fading, they're destroying ESPN radio, Beningo and Francesa are both #1 in their markets, and it's not even close. I wonder what the winning formula is? Maybe talk fucking sports and stop with the filler BS all day long?

#1099 dr.velociraptor, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    dogg and AJW like this.
  20. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

These buffoons believe it or not want to compete with Stern. No one will touch what Howard has done. Like you said, just talk sports.