Week 7: New York Jets vs New England Patriots thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 18, 2015.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Focus, execution, patience, error free performance. Key factors of a disciplined team for us to have a chance. You can have six sacks and loose the game by a bunch if we rack significant penalties or even one turn over.

Putting the obvious aside (Ivory, Marshall, Decker, Revis) the key is with the rest of the players. For the Jets to win this game we have to be almost mistake free for 4 quarters, with zero turn overs, no major penalties, and special teams need to excel with field position and ball placement. A tall order. We need guys like Kerley, Owasu, Smith, Ridley, Cro and others to carry the torch.

As for us needing third and short, well, how about a game plan that is a bit less "punch them in the mouth" with Ivory ? Can we have more first down throws to the slot receiver (s), or God forbid to the TE, or a quick pass to King Kong Ivory, may be more unpredictable on first down to open up their D. A reverse would be nice, a planned run by the Bearded leader...who knows?

The one and only thing Bill Bellycheat can not prepare the team for is the unexpected, something we have not shown or done before. You cant steal what you don't know exists.

Win or loose I'm expecting this team to play hard and smart, make them earn the win with every play, not help them with poor execution or mistakes.

And herein hopefully lies the big difference between this team versus teams of the past. Smart preparation and game management.

Big Cat likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not too sure on that one Browning. Me thinks Butler's a rising up-and-comer. While he's not going to handle the "whole load" (what CB does?) here's a 2014 undrafted free agent suddenly thrust into a starting role with the departure of Revis and Browning, and on a CB-strapped team he's quickly gone from substitute to playing every down for them and against their opponent's #1 receiver no less. Some bumps and bruises along the way maybe but overall I think the Patriots stepped in shit with this UDFA s.o.b. - the kid has upside.

As for Jaime Collins, who didn't want that raw but big, athletic gazelle with the black hi-tops out of So. Miss.? Sick athleticism. Instead that birdbrain Idzik nabbed Geno.

I'll see your Sheldon and call your Hernandez.

Jets: Steve Serby
    Pats: Lisa Olson

#302 joe, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  3. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

It'll come down to our stud D-Line beating up on their injured O-Line and making Brady's life a living hell.

4. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Except I am not the one on here repeatedly playing the "holier than thou" card like so many Jets fans. The Patriots have had more than their fair share of dirtbags over the years. Irving Fryar. Zeke Mowatt. Hernandez who should and will rot in jail forever. Terry Glenn. Ted Johnson (post playing career). etc. etc. I am not, nor have I ever, denied this.

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

6. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

No you are not. Kraft has a monopoly on the holier then though card in the Boston area.

7. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

New England football, is their such a thing? or is just real video games with multiple cheat codes

8. Burning Elvii

It can't be a Kraft organization. Deal?

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Pats have a pretty solid pass D (coverage and pass rush) but their run D is trash and Ivory should work them all day long. Feed Ivory and Ridley until u cant anymore this game. Keep Tom Brady on the bench as long as possible idc how cheesy it looks we can snap the ball with 1 second left everytime the clock is running for all i care... Brady can't beat us from the bench and that's what is key. We make them stack the box and then there's 2 mismatches in our favor on the outsides with Decker and Marshall. Hopefully our O-line can keep up what they've been doing were going to need them big time this game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Burning Elvii

This is a Jet message board, have you lost your good sense?

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Patriots have been using the NFL Game Genie since 2001! For those who get that reference: thank you.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  12. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

sure. mine will likely be the Jimmy Fund for children's cancer treatment.

13. Burning Elvii

Ok Deal

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Pats will try to get up by a couple of scores early by any means necessary (go after Cro early, punt block is my guess) so they can take Ivory out of the game. As much as I like Ivory, he's not going to be much of an advantage if we're playing catchup all game.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Holier than thou?"

As in "The Patriot Way" which was sold lock, stock and barrel for the past umpteenth years and whose 'model' was self-righteously held up and portrayed as that "shining city on the hill" with the 'classy' adjective shoved down everybody's throat? Sorry, but the chickens have come home to roost.

As for Lisa Olson: in the interest of fairness, I'm not going to hold the Patriot players themselves responsible for the tire slashings, or the apartment robberies, let alone the death threats that ensued (forcing her to be reassigned to ..... Australia?!!); that wouldn't be cricket.

As for Steve Serby: NY Post troll writes a trash piece - Jets QB stuffs him into a locker. Imho, much cooler. Advantage: Jets.

Brady got off on a procedural technicality, Kraft and Justice Berman bump elbows in the Hamptons, while that MILF-stalking psychopath Belichick gets a "not-involved whatsoever" pass. And "not-as-dirty-as" gives my "holier than thou" TGG brethren the right to go the piety route however annoying you may find it. Me, I'm easy, I like a cheap joke just as much as the next stiff: The Patriot Way : )

New England Patriots QB Tom Brady - Sportsman of the Year - December 13, 2004. Sportsman of the Year

"Tom Brady - The classy leader of the winningest team in sports"

License this image

[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  16. Burning Elvii

i like the top but the bottom image is just a fucking travesty to good upstanding humankind. Can we get him washed away soon? His darker days have yet to come but they will.

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

That's a fact. And i don't see Fitz as a play from behind QB either. He needs to be up so his 25 yard 8 minute drives won't be as pointless as they were in the eagles game lol.

18. tpaleologo

tpaleologo Member

Thinking the Cowboys thought the same thing after their first half sack fest.

19. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

The last four games against the Pats have been decided by 3 points in the Pats favor.....I guess they could not figure out Geno...

Frankly I really don't think we lose this game if Ivory plays injury free...all we have to do is keep it within 3 points at most 7 points at the half...if we are ahead at the half it might be the biggest victory against the Pats in the Brady/Belicheck era...

A big win against the Pats might not be such a good thing though...we never thrive as frontrunners and the Pats will Hire a 'CIA consultant' to prevent being swept and God knows what if they get swept and we meet in the playoffs...at that point it will be 'Watergate worthy' what they conjure up to prevent a loss...

That said I still think we handle them this weekend...

20. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

And they have given up more yards on garbage time than any other team. Buffalo was completely shut down until the 4th. Same with Dallas. Colts didn't do a thing in the second half until the game was out of reach. If you want to hang your hat on the stats and think that the Pats D is that weak, you'll be in for a surprise. They have given up scores on first drives and then made corrections. Expecting more of the same here. I would also bet money on Fitz throwing an INT, because that's what he does against better teams.