Week 7: New York Jets vs New England Patriots thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 18, 2015.

1. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I don't see the jets winning. I've been wrong a hundred times on this subject. We all have been.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm going to agree with you because being right or wrong on a message board is inconsequential and I've been wrong about every Jets win over the Pats since Brady married his beard.

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  3. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

This is an interesting Jets-Patriots game coming up. I think we're going to see some really good football. Lots of new faces. If I were a Jets fan I'd feel pretty good about this game. I think a huge factor will be how physical the refs let the corners play, a more physical game favoring the Jets. I'd think the entire Jets game plan would be jam-jam-jam the hell out of the receivers forcing a longer play that could exploit New England's exceptionally thin and inexperienced line. If not NE puts up a ton of points.

It's a good test for both teams. Both games feel like playoff games by week 6 which is pretty cool.

4. abyzmul

Oh come on, you just copied and pasted your other template? Get loose, Grogs, this isn't a funeral.

5. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

I've seen many references to D. Smith being the x factor for us and I wish you'd all stop it and come back down to earth. Smith is still raw and can't run decent routes. Fitz can't hit him with the long ball; no chemistry yet in addition to the more obvious drawback. Unless someone has a magic wand, D Smith is not going to be the x factor this Sunday.

I'm interested to see how Gailey handles our 3rd WR slot this week, and for the next few weeks, but I'm not expecting much production out of it.

That being said, this is the best Jets O NE has seen in quite some time. They will not be going 3 and out too often and so our D should be very steady this game and hopefully give Brady fits.

6. abyzmul

Holy fudge, did somebody actually call Devin Smith the x factor for this game? Fitz is about as in sync with Smith as he is with a Phillips Norelco beard trimmer.

Smith is the no factor. Kerley may be able to bridge the gap in quick passes since NEP always seems to get pressure on our QBs and you know they will be sitting in zones against us for Decker and Marshall. Fitz just throws that floater that is donut holes for fat men in the secondary.

The trick is to catch their line in pass pro mode and break a big run. I think Ivory will get some nice mid level runs, but I still think we are limited to between 17 and 28 points, neither of which will be enough if they exploit the flat with Edelcunt.

7. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Grogan shows his face :D

8. june19

june19 Active Member

I have a feeling that we are going to beat the pays. We are good enough to get it done. Now we have marshall to open things up. a W for the jets.

9. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

The Jets certainly seem primed to take the game in Foxboro but then people had the Bills ready against the Patriots too. Rex may have been more colorful but Bowles seems to have the Jets in better shape for the long haul.

I'm going to go with the experience of Belichick and Brady to get a win but it's definitely going to be a battle.

10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

What's with that thing?
    Did Liberace's ghost design it?

SonofDinger likes this.
  11. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

New England is bad, bad against run. Hell they allowed Deangelo Williams to get a c-note against their run game image if Bell was running, NE prolly loses against the steelers.

Ivory needs lots of touches in this game. He got a c-note v the pats last year last October; no reason for him not to get a c-note this out; the Jets had 218 rushing yards in Foxboro last year. Ivory also had 4 catches, total of 25 touches.a similar number again and the Jets will be competitive in the game.

New England allowing 4.8 a run (compared to the Jets 3.5)

The run d disparity is huge in favor of the Jets.

If we depend on Fitzy and his weak-assed arm the Jets are in deep doo-doo.

Lam

SonofDinger likes this.
  12. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

This game will give us a better gauge at how good the Jets really are this year. They're some, mostly in Buffalo, who are waiting for this team to come back down to earth.

13. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Wow, some pretty smart posters on this board.
    Jets fans are definitely the smartest in the league.

14. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Come back to earth? The Jets have under performed in a few games. 1st quarter v Cleveland, 1st half vs Eagles, Skins. Best games this season are Miami and the Colts who the Jets dusted. we've played badly in spots and still only have one L.

I sure would not grade them out of this world. B at best. Good not great.

Lam

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that this is a 1:00 game. Clearly a top match-up. Thought it would be 4:25, or SNF or MNF. I guess the NFL could not assume the Jets would be competitive after going (4-12) last year.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's exactly why. Hence why they also made our Thursday night game against buffalo, Rex Ryan.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I like the mindset Bowles has this team in this week. No ridiculous trump up, no chest pounding (Sheldon? Rex is gone now so you can tone it down a bit). None of the bullshit Rex used to get the team amp'd up. Teams that play on emotion for motivation usually play stupid. You cannot be stupid against Belichek and this year's Jets mentally are as far from 2014 as you could possibly get. I don't expect a win, but I expect a very competitive game and if we do win, all the better. Very good barometer for team and Bowles as well.

SonofDinger likes this.
  18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Guys, Patriots fans either believe it'll be a blowout or a guaranteed win since it's a home game for them. Let's just ignore this week and start focusing on the next game since this is the case, right?

19. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. Why even show up. We'll just roll over. FUCK I have Bart Scott in my head right now.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Take a cue from our coach and let our play do the talkin. Pats fans can believe what they want to, but this isn't the same emotional rollercoaster team that Ryan coached. New day!!