You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

You're really grasping at straws. Could you please re-watch the game and let me know how many negative passes to RB's he threw? Please and thank you. ;)

Cman68 and ajax like this.
  2. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I've been critical of him but I thought Fitz played a good game today. I was at the game and did not see many off target throws. He was consistently moving the offense and even the INT did not bother me much. Maybe his best game this season. We can be a threat if he can consistently play like today (not sure he can though).

All Gas No Shake and shonnfrank like this.
  3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick played well in the second half against the Redskins.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He played very well today....Hope he plays even better next week against the Pats

I still think we'd be just as good with a greater potential if Geno was able to grow with this offense from the start but things change.......so it's cool rolling with Fitz for the good of the team at this time

I like his running ability but he's gotta slide more often

5. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

That WAS a great shake on that TD.....gotta admit! lol

6. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

(sigh) yeah, whatta you gonna do? F------- 600 dollars. Smh
    Damnit

7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

what gives you this notion? I ask because Geno's decision making skills are suspect at best. I am sorry i disagree, geno has had the chance to grow mentally for 2 yrs and has not accomplished that yet

8. King Koopa

The way he looked down the stretch plus what I was hearing about he he looked in the spring and early on in minicamp

Basically I think our offensive coaching is much better this season plus QBs sometimes start to really get it in year 3

Obviously there is a chance he never gets it but it remains to be seen

I don't really care what people want to believe...either way we won't know until Geno is forced to play this season, if at all

I'm sure if he's working hard and looks better during practices he will Atleast compete next season....If he's not doing the right things then that's his own fault if he never gets a shot

If Fitz can play like he did yesterday we will be fine regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

ive pretty much resigned to fitz making at least one boneheaded throw and messing up a play at some point in the game. hes pretty inaccurate but he can get the ball down the field and is playing pretty hard out there. i can see how he is a good teammate and fires up this offense. im hoping it can rub off on the teams young qbs and one of them can become a leader like that. i still dont really like him but i respect him and think hes probably our best chance to win right now based off of that alone.

10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Sitting him regardless is the best thing that could have happened to him it should have been done in yr one but Sanchez got hurt. If he has a chance to succeed he needs to learn the game, learn to read defenses, and learn to be a team mate and leader. Then I would open the qb competition.

Unless Fitz gets hurt Geno is not starting, rightfully so this team is winning the players on both sides are involved and supporting each other. Look no further then Sheldon's tweet about having a qb that can manage the game. The team is behind Fitz. I will look for the link and post it here. I saw it elsewhere on the board

FlaJet and ajax like this.
  11. King Koopa

If they were going to switch QBs it would have been done during the bye week so now it's Fitz until injury or a complete blowup....Everyone is on the same page there

No point in wondering 'what if' at this point as the team is rolling.....Hopefully Geno and Petty are improving every day as we will need one of them to emerge eventually. Until then, we're all rooting for Fitzmagic

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Who would've thought that a $600 plain ticket is the best thing to happen to the Jets in 5 years?

Cman68, chris5533 and june19 like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Or a Qb that's either a Cheap Bastard OR couldn't get his Mom's permission to withdraw the 6 bills from the bank account.

ajax likes this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Barring injury I see it moving along like this. Fitz finishes the season and we have a shot at a wildcard, Smith gets cut maybe they draft another qb and maybe not. Fitz is back next year and Petty has the rest of this season to progress and become the legitimate backup next year.

#954 Don, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Or maybe worst case would be a guy not planning to pay the $600 because he doesn't think he really owes it and he's counting on the turk to make the problem go away instead of just telling the other guy it's not going to happen.

I could see that dynamic really pissing somebody off as camp wore on. Not that Enemkpali needed much of a push to start swinging, it sounds like he was born swinging.

jdon likes this.
  16. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I think we'll make the playoffs as a wildcard team, agreed.

I don't think the Jets will cut Smith, though, since he has a cheap rookie contract ($1.3m cap figure) and significant game experience (20+ starts.) I do think they will let him walk after his contract expires (after 2016), because he's bad. Even if Petty progresses a lot, to the point where he's clearly our #2, we still need a second QB on the roster who has a decent amount of NFL starts. Given that that second experienced QB will be lousy, that lousy QB should be Geno Smith on a cheap contract with a year of training in the system, in my opinion. Plus, by letting Smith walk after 2016, we'll get a compensatory draft pick (depending on how many free agents we sign and how many guys we let leave in free agency.)

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I suppose we can all agree to disagree. I'm more than happy with Fitz at the helm. Some can argue that Geno could be better at opening up the offense than Fitz and for all I know they might be right. Problem is we just want know any time soon if Fitz continues to play like he has. Only a HC looking to get fired or crucified would change winning horses in the middle of a race.

What I do take violent objection to is the unwarranted, pathetic criticism that Fitz has been nothing short of horrible by some so called self proclaimed QB experts. It's all Ivory and Marshall. Apparently he has thrown way too many less than perfect spirals to the WR and a few long bombs that miss the target.
    This is beyond laughable, it is stupid is as stupid does. Fitz has done nothing but win, something we have not had for a long time, and avoided the pathetic mistakes of throwing the wonderful spiral you guys speak of to the opposition for a freaking pick six.

As I said time and time again, no one is proclaiming him a first tier QB....but if the implication is that Fitz limits the offense and Geno does not, as if Geno has apparently unbeknown to us and the coaches developed with Brady like credentials is about as laughable and stupid as it can possibly get.

Is he perfect, not even close, but he is doing a damned good job. Just look at his whole body of work, including his uncanny ability to avoid sacks, scrambles, getting the ball out of his hands when he has to, reading defenses, GETTING THE WHOLE TEAM TO RALLY BEHIND HIM, and helping this team WIN.
    HE SHOULD BE GIVEN CREDIT FOR BEING A KEY CONTRIBUTOR, NOT AN IMPEDIMENT. You guys are freaking trying to fix something that ain't broken.

Geez, this is the type of controversy I expect to read about on a Cleveland website, not here. I think some Jet fans are manic depressive "I hate Jets life in the NFL" to the max.

#957 LAJet, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    ajax, Br4d, PulseJet and 3 others like this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets make the playoffs as a wild card team and Fitzpatrick is healthy all year they're going to bring him back. The Texans would have brought Fitzpatrick back if he didn't go down with the broken leg.

I agree that Geno is going to be here either way unless the Jets either draft a QB or somebody offers a decent pick for him. Probably a 4th rounder would get them to punt on Geno.

Cman68 and jdon like this.
  19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

We don't always agree to be sure, but imo this is a perfect and timely post. Well done.

My only teensy quibble is Smith Fans are not really Jet fans. Meaning they are Jet fans only when Smith is on the field. Weird.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think we have a pretty good idea already of what the lay of the land will be come the off season. By that I mean that Fitzpatrick will likely be back, and the question becomes in what kind of mix with Petty.

The Smith contract would tend to suggest he will be back, but as you allude to that is not the only consideration.

Imo Petty is too much of a gamble to depend on going forward. He will get a chance to develop and prove himself. But the CS will not anoint him the starting Qb of the future as of the coming winter.

What crop of available Qb's will be there come the draft I don't pretend to know about. But IF the Jets can draft a decent prospect even in the first round, imo they will. Alternatively we cannot rule out a more medium term solution than Fitzpatrick (who imo despite my liking him is probably unlikely to last as the starter by 17 ) falls out as available in FA or a reasonable trade.

At this point we can't lay odds that either a high draft pick is used on a Qb or one comes via trade or FA. But given the situation with Fitz and Petty, it is certainly a good possibility one or the other will occur. And if that is true than what becomes the point of keeping Smith on the roster? THe Jets will not carry 4 Qb's. In either scenario Smith gets in the way, and not just as a numbers game, because the locker room probably will be better with him gone.

You are not really saying anything to the contrary, of course. I just wanted to point out the odds of Smith being gone are higher than some here seem to think only focusing on his contract.

#960 Big Blocker, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    ajax likes this.