Week 6: Washington Redskins at New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 5, 2015.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

To me, this doesn't matter. Don't fumble the football away and don't allow ST TDs, that to me is the most important aspect of ST.

ajax likes this.
  2. aussiejetsfan

aussiejetsfan New Member

I am just excited for football again, the bye week is so painful

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I thought it went quite well. This season is FLYING by for me. As a Jets fan you should know how stressful it is. It is oh so amazing not having that worry about a potential loss to ruin your whole Sunday.

june19 likes this.
  4. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

They're going with the controversial '4-4-4-4' defense.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We will counter with the 5wr 2te i formation with sheldon at fb.
    Can't fail

6. audible_red40

audible_red40 New Member

One thing about the O-line playing well, is that the scheme is designed to get the ball out quickly. Something Robert couldn't do. This version of the WCO also seems like a lot of passes are "extended running plays".

In my opinion, Cousins is not throwing deep to keep things easy for him and the offense. The old "handcuff rule" for QB's. Gruden made a personal statement by announcing Cousins as his starter for the year. He will go down if Cousins fails. (let's not even talk about Robert's 5th year option). If Cousins had another game like he did against the Giants last year and throws 4 picks and has no confidence, what the hell kind of option would he have? McCoy? Griffin? Injury/Salary prevents Griffin from being warranted to play because of this decision. With D-Jax in the line up, the deep ball will be called upon though.

The next problem with the "quality RB's", is that neither RB can get into a rhythm with the sharing of carries. Clinton Portis spoke on this and said as a running back you tend to set up runs/defenders with certain moves and cuts. You set up for different things for later in the game. If you can't get into a rhythm you can't succeed later in the game. With the new FO and GM, Matt Jones is the "hand picked" guy, and they want their draft picks to succeed.

If Fitz does make errors it will have to be forced by our D-line, who a playing very well. We have good depth and rotation.

TonyMaC likes this.
  7. audible_red40

audible_red40 New Member

As of right now.

The 3 who did not practice are D.Hall, J.Hatcher and J.Reed. I would still guess that Hall and Reed will be out. Reed is still in the concussion protocol, and with his history it may take longer.

One thing to keep an eye on is our probowl left tackle Trent Williams. He was limited yesterday with a back/spine injury. If he can't go it spells big trouble.

Brook! likes this.
  8. audible_red40

audible_red40 New Member

Very good write up I must say.

Crowder is a pretty impressive rookie and earned playing time over Mr. Drop Andre Roberts. He was our best player on "O" last week IMO.

Yeah I totally agree about Kirk, but I disagree about him being the "saviour" from RG. It's not about being a saviour. It's about who gives us the best chance to win. It's not saying much but Cousins does give us the best chance to win. He fits the offense better. And quite frankly RG doesn't fit any offense right now, outside of Seattle's. Cousins was picked because Gruden can't stand RG. If Cousins was to shit the bed in the first quarter of the season, jobs would be lost, and we'd be back to square one with the QB situation. Cousins had to be given the keys to the car with no back seat driver. Unfortunately it appears this chicken shit offense is playing scared to take chances to save the decision. Thus it's why we lead the league in many strange offensive categories, which I will post in another post.

You guys will have great success up the middle on defense. With your elite defensive front, I could see a long day. Our centre (who broke his thumb and should injury last week) Lichtensteiger is a bum. He was blown up last week and constantly get's pushed backwards. You should have no problem getting penetration and in Kirks face.

9. audible_red40

audible_red40 New Member

As mentioned in a previous post, here are some left handed stats about the Skins this year thus far:

Redskins Offense
    - Ranks first in the NFL in average length of scoring drives
    (10.06 plays)
    - Ranks first in the NFL in average time of scoring drives (5:01)
    - Ranks first in the NFC and third in the NFL in average distance
    on 10+ yard rushes (20.4)
    - Ranks tied for first in the NFL in combined rushes and completions
    per game (55.2)
    - Ranks tied for first in the NFL in 5+ minute drives (12)
    - Ranks second in the NFL in 5+ minute scoring drives (10)
    - Ranks second in the NFL in 5+ minute drives resulting in touchdowns (6)
    - Ranks second in the NFL in points scored on 10-play drives (65)
    - Ranks second in the NFC and tied for third in the NFL in sacks allowed
    (6)
    - Ranks tied for second in the NFL in 10-play drives resulting in touchdowns
    (7)
    - Ranks tied for second in the NFL in 10-play drives (14)
    - Ranks tied for second in the NFC and tied for fifth in the NFL in fewest
    negative plays (23)
    - Ranks third in the NFL in sack yards lost (31)
    - Ranks third in the NFL in average time of possession (34:04)
    - Ranks third in the NFC and fourth in the NFL in sack percentage (3.1%)
    - Ranks third in the NFC and fourth in the NFL in third-down conversions
    (33)
    - Ranks third in the NFC and tied for fifth in the NFL in red zone thirddown
    conversion percentage (54.5%)
    - Ranks third in the NFC and sixth in the NFL in third-down conversion
    percentage (44.6%)
    - Ranks third in the NFC and NFL in first half rushing percentage (52.1%)
    - Ranks fourth in the NFC and fifth in the NFL in rushing attempts (150)
    - Ranks fourth in the NFC and tied for sixth in the NFL in passing first
    downs (69)
    - Ranks fourth in the NFC and tied for sixth in the NFL in completions
    (126)
    - Ranks tied for fourth in the NFL in rushes gaining 20+ yards (5)

One thing that sticks out is that this team settles for field goal attempts much too often. As you can see, it's not a beat 'em deep or quick strike offense. Things can change, especially if D-Jax and Reed ever get healthy, but this is our identity after 5 games.

NYJalltheway and ajax like this.
  10. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

It'll be fun to see Williams and Scherff go at it. I know Scherff has played well but Williams will show them what the pick should have been. Depends where they line up I guess.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Interesting stats, but the team is (2-3). I think their defense has played really good, probably even overachieving the first 5 games. Offense has been good too, besides Cousins' INT's and not putting enough points on the board. The potential is there for a decent team. The Giants game (Also at Met Life Stadium) was the only bad game they have played so far. In fact, you could argue they should be (4-1) right now, with wins vs. Miami and Atlanta that they literally just gave away.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Desean Jackson is questionable for this week. He might finally make his debut for the Redskins this year. I don't think it's that worrisome. We should easily be able to keep Alfred Morris in check. Honestly, the toughest part of this matchup for the Jets will probably be establishing the passing game and minimizing turnovers. I can't wait. 2 weeks is too long to wait!

13. audible_red40

audible_red40 New Member

Our injury list has been brutal since training camp. Our LT and C did not practice today. It would be tough enough with them playing.

As of right now starting OL v NYJ could be: LT Nsekhe (0 starts); LG Long (2 starts); C LeRibeus (0 starts); RG Scherff (5 starts); RT Moses (6 starts). LIFETIME starts.

That's just a scary thought.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Holy shit. And we're getting Sheldon back.

I almost feel sorry for you.

Royal Tee likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Show some sack, son...

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks for the update. Perfect setup for good old Jets to lose in a heartbreaking fashion. :)

But I believe we are in a different era with Bowles and Mac at the helm. Sorry for your team. You guys are my favorite over at NFC East.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes, it's a different era.

Where players aren't congratulated for being feisty when they commit a dozen or more penalties, where "givin' them all we've got" isn't the obscure and unquantifiable goal of the game, and where Rex isn't giving away free footjobs in the locker room immediately before kickoff.

Brook! likes this.
  18. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

The slurs shouldn't be able to run on our D-line while our secondary definitely should keep the passing attack at bay and force an interception or two from Cousins. My guess is it comes down to Fitz vs. their secondary, while I don't like the idea of relying on Fitz's arm to win this game this is an extremely beatable group of DBs that Decker and Marshall should get open against all day.
    My prediction is a 20-13 win for the soon to be 4-1 New York Jets.

19. largojetfan

largojetfan Member

Sorry to drag this away from football, but I was to busy watching the Mets win to miss the Jets on Bye!

DRC™ and All Gas No Shake like this.
  20. tubby

tubby Active Member

Trent Williams ruled out. That's huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk