17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 and 314 while I hear you and understand exactly what you are saying I believe Mr Allecat stated how
    I feel more eloquently than Maybe I would have,,,,,Alleycat touch em all ,,home run !

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bottom line as always we miss the long time fans in a big way but things are settling down and we are starting to get vibe back a that's because of the our new leaders and winning ways.

#18962 sec314, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

winning cures all

#18963 GordonGecko, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Not really sure how I got screwed? I pay less for my current seats than my old ones. In the first row with no one in front of me and on the aisle. Sure people who had mezzanine and lower level seats got screwed but I don't need to protest for them. Still have a tailgate party with 15-20 people every home game win or lose. In 2012 I had to miss a couple games because I had surgery on my leg. The year before I strongly contemplated giving up the seats and calling it a day. Sitting home a couple games made me realize how much I needed to keep doing it because being home to watch the games was miserable for me.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

nobody can tell anyone how to spend their money, if you're happy that's all that matters

CBG likes this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was misreable to sitting home for every game and there are people who tell me how to spend my $.... my wife

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

Cheapest yellow parking pass for next Sunday is $84.09 with fees. Unbelievable what people will pay for parking.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

And parking for Giants/Boys for yellow is $48. Tickets are another story. Why is our parking higher then there's but tics not even close? Weird. Its gonna be cold on Sunday morning in the lot. Yeah, break out the Jets gear. I have a set of stuff for every 10 degress

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

So far this season I've had decent experience when leaving the lot to head home.

Week 1 I had to wait at least 20 minutes to exit only to be misdirected out of my way and I had to get on the highway just to wrap around.

Week 3 though I was in and out fairly quickly,

Getting to Metlife from Brooklyn both games has been a breeze. In the lot and setting up 9:30AM.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

Probably lack of STHs these days. People who Stubhub it still need to buy a parking pass. I'm sure the Jets have some of these passes given to brokers and may even put some of their own passes on NFL Ticket Exchange. Either way since there are so many people who Stubhub it for the Jets they still need a parking pass and those are in high demand.

I will still wear my shorts Sunday (crazy I know) but I always try to wear them until mid November if possible and hopefully it warms up by noon time. I'll probably be wearing a couple underarmour layers though. I don't think I will need the heater or tent enclosure though. When I show up on line around 7:30 for the lots to open at 8 it will be a bit chilly for sure.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey there. I got Orange Parking and I would like to park comfortably at Lot K.

What time does that lot full so I leave my home accordingly?

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I usually pull in to lot K by 10am with absolutely no trouble. I'd guess you're good to go up until noon or so - BUT when I am in the lot I can't tell when the attendants are keeping cars from coming in. Are you planning to tailgate? I'd say, comfortable by 11am.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

Thanks. I won't tailgate. Will park my car and go to Lot D to join my friends' tailgate. I will target for 10 AM anyway so from what you say, I should be good.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

On a football note, this is a huge game for us. Can we handle a little success. Can our new coach have this team ready to play coming out of a bye unlike our last coach. Can we beat an NFC east team. Can we win the week prior to playing the Pats. Can we build a home field advantage. Can we go to 4-1. No excuse to trip up here if we want to be a playoff team. I can't wait. Expect a pumped up crowd. I think dominating defenses make for very loud fans, we just might have one. That and the fact the cool weather makes it seem like the games are more important because its later in the season. I am so so pumped to get out in the lot. Its been 3 weeks since the last home game and its going to be another 3 weeks before the next one and then its 2 home games in 5 days. Honestly, ex hardcore season ticket holders, when you wake up on Sunday just a little sad you are not going to the lot to smell meat and throw pig skin? Come on, tell the truth.

Brook! likes this.
  15. Brook!

I am not a STH and go only like 2 or 3 games a year. I am so happy I purchased my tickets for this game in advance. I didn't know we would be 3-1 before this game so I feel lucky. My next ticket is for Titans game so here I am hoping before the Titans game we will be in the play off race so I can enjoy another high profile game. :)

NYJA15 likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 you asked the question so I will reply,,,,,zero regrets,,none nil nada ,,,I have never looked back. I will have the fire place going all day tomorrow and Me and the kids can toss the ball before the game in the yard. Tickets are dirt cheap for tomorrow but I will pass,,,,going to 2 games in November got em for well below face with no Psl or preseason attached,,,all this said I know you guys that are going tomorrow will have a blast ,,,enjoy the game all and be loud inside we want to hear you at home !

NYJA15 likes this.
  17. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

I have to agree. For a team that's playing well and with high hopes, not sure why tickets are not going for much higher prices. I became a STH this year but every game so far I could have bought for lower than face value. ( The home opener was going for $7!!!). The pre season games are a complete joke. With that said, I will probably not renew and just buy every game next year on SH. Plus if I cant get to a game, I do not have to worry about unloading the tickets. But it is fun to go to the games and I am enjoying it. Go Jets!

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm as big a fan as you are, but the fact is, the Jets playing in Jersey just isn't a huge ticket. For really big games you'll pay over face but not to the extent that Giants fans do. It is what it is. But, that can work to your advantage going game by game, as I have done after 34 years having seasons. I'm not a genius, I'm not trying to beat the system, but since I live close to the stadium now, I can go every week to tailgate and get into the stadium most of the time. Once I got over not being at every game, I've been content with 6 of 8 with no preseason game expense. Do I miss having secured tix for all home games? Yes. Do I regret doing it this way? Not at all. I love going to the games, and it is possible to do so spending less than a season ticket holder does. This year so far I am 3-3 on tailgate parties, 2-3 on games. eagles fans drove those prices too high. I have no doubts I'll be at the Jax game.

Regarding $7 for the opener, that may have been possible at noon, but it's tough to print them out and drive there with enough time to tailgate and get in, even if you live close by. I paid $60 for uppers for that one. Eagle tix for shitty seats were $118. I Paid $105 today and had good seats.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I am damm tired after getting home, not as young as used to be. I enjoyed my day immensely now that I get to the lot between 945-1000 much better then 845. Great day whether home or at the game. Its great watching a jet team that does not panic. Winning that game was never in doubt in my mind, just a feeling this team gives me. Talk about halftime adjustments. 34-0 jets in 3rd qtr.

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

That's exactly why as much as I would like to go to the Bills game I think i will pass if I do I know I have zero shot at going to wrk Friday ,,,,,,my buddy who attended Sunday said almost exactly what you did,,,,he said " I can't remember the last stress free game I've gone to, I never thought we were going to lose or blow it "