You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Those guys except Kaepernick are franchise QB's for a reason, let's not get carried away.

2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Fitz is a stop gap player. That was the whole reason he was brought in. Even if we make the playoffs I doubt Macc would commit to him fully. But Geno is done, barring a complete team collapse. This team will seek more options in the offseason.

3. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

And Tannehill. And Cutler. He sucks. Ask Marshall.

4. The 1985er

Neither of them suck.

5. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right but I think our guys actually like Geno for the future....They've had chances to cut him but haven't.

He comes cheap and has talent, a good backup to have at the very least

If he has the right attitude by working hard and shows some improvement at practice he should be in the mix....Who knows he might play this year as well

6. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

It has to be just pure personal hatred for Geno by some of the posters here. There was finally going to be an opportunity to see GS in a new offence similar to what he ran in college with legitimate weapons, then we have the preseason set back. Instead, we get a journeyman starting that has succeeded no where else with obvious short comings. Don't get hung up on the Harvard education. There are some brilliant people I know that can't dance.

The Jets will not be able to play from behind with high caliber teams. The sentiment here is to just pad the record now with mediocrity and accept the beatings by good teams.

Why not try to win all of the games????????

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

because geno is obviously the key to going undefeated. how is this lost on so many???

ajax likes this.
  8. pdxdrew

If we were Tampa Bay then that wouldn't be a problem. But this isn't a cheap team, this is an expensive team with older players stuffed in, because Idzik f-cked us in two straight drafts! The Jets can't afford a cheap knockoff at QB for a few games. They have to develop somebody ASAP. My guess is Macc will go after Kaepernick or somebody proven this off season. This team is too good for more Fitz magic. Its just our window with this group is probably only a few years, got to take advantage of it.

9. PulseJet

Because any Jets fan who has watched games in the last two years has watched Geno single handedly throw games by not taking care of the football. Why is that hard to understand?

ajax likes this.
  10. The 1985er

Kaepernick?

FJF likes this.
  11. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Ok so he's ONE off the league lead. The point was, and still is, that he is not playing mistake-free football. You really buy him getting better? He's in what, his 10th season? The guy is who he is. Last season was probably a high water mark for him in terms of turnovers because he only threw 8 INTs (in 12 or so games). He already has 6 in 4 games. Not to mention he got himself benched last season anyway in the midst of a playoff chase. Fitz's errors are because he is a limited mediocre player. He does not have the arm to play in this league.

12. pdxdrew

Or someone who sucks.... umm less? I admit, bad example.

13. PulseJet

Yes, I do think he can play better. His completion percentage is a bit behind last year and his TD/INT ratio is significantly worse. If he gives you 64% completions and 2 to 1 TD to INT like he had last year for the Texans he will be just fine. Better than ass-hat Geno with the punchable jaw. Look the Texans lost again, and made another QB change mid-game. Think they wish they didnt trade Fitz?

14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Fitz is what he is. But I liked the team I saw out there today. I thought they beat the crap out of Miami and the score was misleading. I won't talk about some of those calls because I do not like to ride the refs as a rule, but they were pretty grim. Fitz did not see an open man in the end zone once and he did make some ugly throws. They could have scored 40. Bowles can really dial up some blitzes.

15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Parcells, unlike Herm Edwards, believed that more games are lost than won, so you play not to lose the game. Geno gives you an excellent opportunity to lose every week. Geno does not understand winning.

Br4d likes this.
  16. King Koopa

Pretty similar to how I feel....

It's a combination of people just remembering the horrible moments of a young Geno/not being able to project forward and the Jets being 3-1 with Fitz under center that has most Jet fans not seeing things this way

Our defense is amazing this season and our coaching staff, running game, O-line, and receiving targets are all top notch....I think we'd be fine with either guy back there but Geno gives us a small chance to be great like you said. If he makes the same horrible decisions then you pull him quick, it's that simple

17. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Just fine like last year? Please remember that he got benched for Ryan Mallett while the Texans were fighting for a playoff spot. That's not fine. That's a team with a disaster QB situation saying they would rather play a complete unknown (and likely a bust) instead of Fitzpatrick. Don't just sweep that under the rug. I think the Texans this season wish they had a good QB, not that they had Fitz (who they already know isn't).

Look if you hate Geno you hate Geno. I can't tell you not to hate him. But if you are pinning your hopes on Fitz, you are going to be bitterly disappointed at some point.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Fitz's best throws are those 20 yard lasers into the endzone to Decker.

His 2nd best are those slants to Marshall.

His 3rd best are his 58 yard hail-mary-rainbows-wounded-ducks he throws 5 yards behind his WRs

19. King Koopa

Geno of year 1 and 2 with Rex as his head coach and bad receiving options yes....Geno with a competent staff and great team/situation around him could POSSIBLY thrive

20. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Based of of what exactly? I am genuinely curious because I cannot even begin to fathom any situation in which Geno can thrive in. Even with good receivers, I have absolutely no faith he can read a defense and find the open one consistently, let alone make the correct adjustments at the line of scrimmage.

The players do not respect him either. The guy got KO'd by a scout team linebacker for god's sake. When in the history of the NFL have you heard of the starting QB getting punched in the face by a member of his team? Let alone the fact that not a single man in that locker room came to his aid.