Week 4 from LONDON: New York Jets "@" Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Who wins at Wembley stadium?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2015.
  1. The Jets

73 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. The Dolphins

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. British Jets fans.

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Yup.

With philbin we can lose to anyone.

2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Zero sacks on Bortles and Taylor. 1 all year against cousins.

With Suh and Wake. shit… meanwhile RF's been sacked twice all year. Coyle's answer for this is to make their D more simple...

I don't fear this defense. I can't believe I don't, but I don't. this looks like a comeback game for our offense. this D is not playing to its potential at all. Physical my ass...

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I haven't changed my football views. I would have said the same for Mark (I did many times) or Geno. It's just true. Clearly Fitzpatrick did not play great (look at Aaron Rodgers tonight) but he should not be blamed for the loss. His (2-1) record should have him safe even with a loss vs. the Dolphins. He is far from it though. All I was saying.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Past precedent says Fitzpatrick should be blamed for the loss. And I find it hard to believe that you'd not have a much different stance if a certain someone else played like Fitz did.

5. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Agreed. Geno deserved the bashing when he got it so why is it different now because it is Fitz? Lack of weapons is now the excuse? Geno was lining up with Kerley and Gates at WR in his 1st year and got killed on this board. Fitz has been in the league forever and had capable WR including a legit #1 in Marshall and is getting a pass? Guys let's at least be consistent. If you hate Geno that's fine but be fair. This game was lost because Fitz played very poorly.

RexontheBeach and JetLifeLo like this.
  6. The 1985er

That's all I'm saying if we kill Geno for poor play despite lack of weapons then I don't want to hear any excuses for Fitz.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I am being consistent. I wasn't fooled that Geno or Muck were throwing to JAGs. I was a realist and saw the lack of talent for both of those QBs in their first few years. If you guys bashed them regardless of talent, then so be it. Bash away. But I did not.

To blame the entire loss on Fitzpatrick is asinine. How about the 5 missed tackles on Sproles Punt return? Or Demario Davis getting smoked by the RB on a wheel route 3 times.. luckily only one went for a touchdown. Or the lack of run blocking. It was a culmination of things. Let's not be blinded by Geno love or Fitzpatrick hate.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

While a loss might increase qb chatter, I don't know if I would agree it would get "really big". Most of the fanbase and i think the CS are solidly opposed to playing Smith unless Fitz gets hurt.

9. The 1985er

When Geno or even Mark to some extent plays poorly I rarely heard about the other factors that helped us lose games, instead the blame was solely placed on Smith. So I don't want to hear any excuses.

10. Big Blocker

I am not going to get into a debate with you, since you are in full contrarian Smith Fan mode now no hiding it anymore.

But fans of the game knew that Smith was the King of Unforced Errors in his first two seasons. Did it matter who his running back was when he tried to shift the ball behind his back and lost it? Or threw it to defensive linemen? I can't reacall a single interception of his that was tipped.

No, this is for the benefit of others. have a nice day, Smith Fan.

11. Big Blocker

If you don't want to hear accurate assessments of what acutally happened, and just come here hoping to see fans of the game start rooting for Smith to start, be prepared to be disappointed.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm confused. You sound crazy. You sound like you understand that the other factors truly did effect how the game went, but because idiot fans want to just blame the QB, you are going to as well? Come on.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. The 1985er

So was it Deckers fault that Fitzpatrick under threw and over threw passes? Was it Ivory's fault that Fitz was throwing into double and triple coverage (the very thing Mark and Geno got killed for) I mean this argument can be made for Fitz too.
    No it's not "accurate" it's double standards. And I don't give a shit about people starting to root for Geno to start. I'm just pointing out double standards.

14. The 1985er

That's the precedent that has been established so it's only right to carry on with said precedent.

15. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

If we play like we did on Sunday the Dolphins win by 10 points. The Eagles are absolute dog shit and manhandled us. I'm hoping they adjust and don't come out flat and on their heels against the Dolphins. Tough to say who is going to win. The fan in me will just say the Jets, but they'll need to be a lot better.

TNJet likes this.
  16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Still can't figure out how we lost to the eaglets. Ivory has to be in the game or we are a one dimensional team.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I think people here are sleeping on how valuable Ivory and especially Decker in this system is to Chan's offense.. we won't look like last week as long as they are in. They should be good to go.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I wonder how the NFL gets some of these players in and out of another country. Convicted felons usually can't get a passport and most host countries wouldn't let them in if the could.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Eagles looked down and out and then played us. Hopefully it doesn't happen with the Dolphins.

The Dolphins d line hasn't lived up with the hype so hopefully the Jets OL can get going against them. The Jets need to find ways to get Fitz pushing then all downfield not into triple coverage.