Quincy Enunwa?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Flymax

Flymax New Member

The drop and false start completely killed 1st quarter momentum
    I don't trust the guy to come thru when it matters

2. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Who wants the ball going his way on 3rd down? I don't trust him, had my fill on being optimistic about the height/weight/speed guys who just can't catch the easy ones and then make a spectacular catch in between drops. I don't mind him being a no.5 but kerley and smith should get more reps until Decker and Owusu come back.

3. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

The number one job of a receiver is to catch the ball. Our team is not good enough to overcome its own mistakes and when he was put into a position of being needed more, with Decker out, he failed. He flashed some good things and hopefully it was nerves. Few receivers are finished products on entering the league but how do you have confidence in throwing to a guy if he drops it? He needs to seriously work on every catching drill out there. I had zero hope of our previous wr coach to do anything but maybe our new one can help.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i saw a kid who was raw but certainly has the ability to play at this level. he missed a few blocks. he drop a couple of balls, but he also made some impressive catches as well. hes not even supposed to be in the position he is right now, and once decker and owusu are back he wont be.

and to those that keep saying kerley should get his snaps, remember that enunwa is an h-back and not a wr. two different positions

5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I can think of two late round draft WR's the Jets had on roster that had more talent than Enunwa. David Clowney (5th by GB) and Chansi Stuckey (7th by NY). However, agree that there's no point in cutting bait at this point with no viable replacement, although T.O. says he wants to suit up again, LOL.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He had some hiccups, but he made a couple nice plays as well.

I'll give him some time to gain some confidence and grow up before I am ready to cut him loose.