Go Home Chan Gailey, You Are Drunk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Ok, but it's the OC's job to adjust the gameplan when it's clearly not working.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

.....and WTF was that with the official replay?

I admit it was damn close but he was just down before the ball got pitched loose. I understand they don't want to overturn the officials calling the plays but the whole idea of slow-motion, freeze frame technology is to allow you to make calls like that.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Why would a Jet fan EXPECT to win against any team other than maybe the Jaguars, Browns or Redskins?

Especially without 2 of our main weapons like I said in my original post.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Like I said, we're better than an injured, lackluster Eagles team. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly, we would've won today.

MiaJets305 likes this.
  5. tank7501

tank7501 Member

Gailey didnt call a bad gane. The plays were there. This isnt like the schotty or sparano years where nobody is open and the qb is too dumb to make the right move.

Fitz sucks. Plain and simple. The picks were on him. He threw one ball and was staring the d-line in the face. I dont know if he thought he could get it over him or what but he should have taken a step to the side. He throws a deep ball on the sideline to the inside where the defender is? He sacked himself today too. Guy cant feel pressure and cant place the ball at all. He is so inaccurate and today he finally played like the fitz we have been seeing his entire carer.

I know that gruden was pumping us upwith hot air talking about rejuvenation and all that but fitz has always been an inaccurate and sub par qb

MiaJets305 likes this.
  6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The official fire Chan Gailey thread has spawned, on week 3 just as I predicted!!

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I agree with that. But in the end thats usually why average teams lose.

We're not good enough to overcome those type of mistakes like some other teams are.

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

hard to do that when you're down big and forced to air it out.

9. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I'm an optimist. Gotta look on the bright side. :)

irishwhip03 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, kind of think you are reaching here. I thought the game-plan was fine, given the lack of running game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

its not the loss that everyone is upset about it's the timid ass and questionable play calling and an offense that cannot move the ball

MiaJets305 likes this.
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Forced to air it out. Is that what short pass after short pass in the middle of the field is called.

And just now I remembered my last point I wanted to make. Where was the sense of urgency? Why when we are down three scores and there's only 15 minutes to play are they taking 30+ seconds per play?

MiaJets305 likes this.
  13. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Gailey is a good offensive coordinator. Good, not great. His claim to fame is taking sh*t stew and hiding the flavor of the sh*t. He won't lead a #1 offense, but he'll take an embarrassing offense and make it kinda..sorta..ok. You can't expect this offense to win games. It's got to be on the defense.

TNJet likes this.
  14. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

Not so much bro, they got a young QB in Tan is good and can stetch the field and a nice running game. Our defense better.come ready but boy does Fitz scare me

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

16. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

The Rex era all over again

17. TonyMaC

QB's gotta take what they can get, open up those deep passes the only way possible.

once again, it wasnt scheme as much as it was an early lack of execution and two awful breaks leaving us to basically try to climb a mountain in the second half.

Chan did the best he could to that end, but the talent wasn't there. Fitzpatrick is great for keeping a lead and not so great at playing catchup… as expected really.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

And that's it, bottom line. This team has been so bereft of a top 10 QB that can put a team on their shoulder and win games it's ridiculous. It is by far the most important position in sports, rivaled only by a top shelf goaltender - but that's not even close to what a Pro Bowl QB can do for an organization. It is what it is until he get 'that' guy...

19. TonyMaC

and anyway i'd expect a couple more moments of brilliance from this O and its playmakers yet despite this setback.

I'd also expect a couple flops, but not enough to have us change course on our Coordinator. We got a good one guys, trust in that.

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Bingo... However, give credit to Philly's D they played well ... we had chances we just didn't execute...

NYJetsO12 likes this.