BE HONEST - How nervous were you when the Colts scored that 4th Q TD?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 22, 2015.

?

BE HONEST - How nervous were you when the Colts scored that touchdown in the 4th Quarter to cut the

1. Didn't even register. We had the game won

13 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. As nervous as any fan of any team would be

53 vote(s)
    57.6%
  3. Total Panic - Same Ol' Jets

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

its not just throwing deep, its how you do it. we need most of our deep throws to come off playaction, out of big sets, where its easier to get those safties up and they have less defensive backs in coverage. the deep bomb out of 5 wide with safties back and they know you are passing isnt a good bet with someone who has an arm like fitz. which is why i hated the ones to marshall but was ok with some of the other long ones

2. bennylava126

bennylava126 Active Member

Grow a sack and get over it already. It happened ONE YEAR AGO.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I am ALWAYS nervous watching Jet games. But I was less nervous than when we had Rex's D here. they always caved late in a half.

4. Hitsomeone

Hitsomeone Active Member

I was more nervous when Powell fumbled and recovered it himself, but I was nowhere near the same ol jets sentiment.
    As a football fan and not just a Jets fan, disaster can strike at any time, just ask the Giants.

5. Green4ever

Green4ever New Member

i was thinking we might lose 14-13....once we scored i knew we were good

6. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I thought the same thing as when we were 10-0 at half: can't let a team with a good QB hang around like this. I thought, we should be able to get back that cushion back to two scores easily given how bad hteir secondary is, then I thought, then why haven't they. Then I thought I like how conservative they are being, but is it too conservative? You cna't be conservative for three quarters and then aggressive for one, you can't just turn it on and off like that - and if you could, why would you ever turn it off(!)? - and so I was nervous, but I was also thinking: ok, this is nothing to be nervous about yet. How the Jets answer is the key; prove to me that you aren't the same old Jets and do something. And they did. Boy howdy. And THAT, more than anything, is what gives me hope.

7. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Definitely a different team. Last year the receiver makes the catch but he isn't Brandon Marshall so he doesn't plow in to the end zone.

1st and goal from the 2, we all see the run coming. Ivory stuffed at at the 1.
    2nd and goal from the 1 "haha, no one will see what's coming" vick with the wildcat for a 3 yard loss
    3rd and goal from the 4 short slant to cumberland, hits him right in the hands and falls to the ground
    4th and goal FOLK HERO!!!!!!

8. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

God, you're as bad as the people who said that we shouldn't have won the Tampa and New England games in 2013 because we got lucky with penalties. Well, Rex knew the Cheaters were going to try and cheat on the kick and it worked. Geno could have won that game even without the late hit, the clock was already stopped and we had some time.

WE MISSED A BULLSHIT FIELD GOAL TOO. Why are Colts' mistakes us getting lucky, and our mistakes are just accepted as normal?

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You must be new to football. 48 yarders are not "bullshit" field goals. 29 yarders are gimmes.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Until we see a Todd Bowles coached team look like the Jet disasters we've seen now and then I'm not going to be nervous.

Not opening things up on offense on the road in a 2 score game wasn't only the right move it was the only logical move. You don't invite Andrew Luck to a shootout when he's already losing a grindy tight game. Opening things up is like giving him a new hand to work with.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

teams that try to be something they are not invariably get burned

Br4d likes this.
  12. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

With Fitzpatrick, he may not air it out a lot, and may check down a lot, but there is a calmness to him playing QB. When he throws deep and the camera can't see the downfield receivers, I"m not holding my breath awaiting an INT (such as with Sanchez and Geno), but expecting an open WR to catch it for a big gain, or else Fitz wouldn't have thrown it.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i understand that they wanted to eat up the clock, but i kept saying they should try to put up as many points as possible.

they got way too conservative considering the turnovers and the fact that the colts top corners were hurt.

hope they do not make the same mistake against the iggles.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think it's great that we're bitching about leaving points on the field in wins.

Yeah...it's an issue. One the team has acknowledged.

socaljetfan likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'll happily accept another seventeen or eighteen "mistakes" that result in 13 point victories.