Week 3 - Eagles @ Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 21, 2015.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

That's some funny shit right there.!!

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

thankfully they will ditch those green pants, even if for a week..

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm confident we're going to win this game. I don't think there will be a let down unlike in years past after big wins. We can run the ball on them and if the oline continues to play the way they've been playing and if Fitzpatrick can be steady while the defense contains their offense I think we will win. Philly's DB's are trash they have a lackluster pass rush and their offense is struggling, we can make a statement with a win in that game.

4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll run too successfully on them. And they will get pass rush.. though they are missing kendricks and kiko. Their front 7 is literally all they got going for them right now..but still i think we'll win too.. but with decker out our offense may struggle.

5. The 1985er

Dallas did well running on them at least based on what I saw, I don't know what the numbers look like. I think we'll be able to have some success running the ball. Their pass rush is average at best.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They can't stop us. They were very good against the run last season, but not so much this season. Byron Maxwell will not match up against Marshall. Their secondary is not very good and they aren't very big. They are a finese team we can bully them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if the jets want a white out then they need to give the fans white shirts.

its bad enough i have to pay for a psl and for tickets they can at least supply shirts.

greenbeanz likes this.
  8. The 1985er

Julio Jones bullied Maxwell a few weeks ago so I expect similar results with Marshall.

9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Eagles have one of the best front 7's in the NFL. Unfortunately for them, Kiko Alonso will not play, DL Cendric Thorton will not play and in all likelihood linebacker Mychal Kendricks will not play. Kendricks and Alonso are both all world players so those are huge losses, as well as a horse up front. Really softens them up to the run.

10. jerseyjay14

matthews is a stud and agholor is super talented. better then what we saw last night.

11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Hope so... we didn't run too well last night but we didn't have to.

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

That's what I said last time. Really not too much of a hit to give everyone a $10 white t-shirt in the scheme of things.

13. jerseyjay14

they pretty much shut down the dallas run game. 3.4 yards a carry... and that was inflated by 12 yard romo run. randle 18 for 51 and mcfadden 10 for 31. i dont expect to run any better then last night.

we need to win the turnover battle by +2 or more to have a shot to win imo. if decker is out i can see us going touchdownless. thankfully their O is kind of in shambles as well

14. The 1985er

Like I said this was based on what I saw. The numbers look average. But if Ivory and Powell can have a similar game to the Cowboys running the ball, I'd take that as well.

15. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I've been reading the Eagles forum discussion of the Jets Colts game and its pretty funny - http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/715558-week-2-jets-colts/page-2.

Here are some of the best quotes -

we are so screwed next week

The end of an era. We are undefeated all time against the Jets.

After watching Luck get banged around all I gotta say is good luck next week Bradford.

5 turnovers? RIP Chip's offense next week.

no way we are beating the Jets.
    if we can't move the football against the falcons and the cowboys we can't do squat against the jets..
    27-3 Jets

Any my favorite -
    A new penalty needs to be created for the NFL. "Excessive Complaining" as in when after nearly every negative play, a player jumps up and complains for a penalty (when there wasn't one). Throw a flag. The Ref's hand signals for that penalty would be the 'cry baby' sign (rubbing your fists to your eyes) and the call would be "Excessive crying after a play".

jerseyjay14 and 74 like this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Excellent point! Rex's teams always depended on emotion to get up for a big game and were subject to letdowns afterwards. I think Coach Cool will have these boys on a even keel ready to play with discipline.

NYJets17 and greenbeanz like this.
  17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

youre 100 percent correct. i have a white jersey but when they do this stuff they really need to push it full force. leave shirts in the lower level (thats something that happens at nba games when they do this) or the whole stadium (which i would prefer) and get the word out to the fans. put it in the papers. get local sports reporters to talk about it. tweet the hell out of it etc

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That would put Brady out of business for sure..

19. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I missed this or not, but is there any chance Devin Smith will be playing?

20. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I like what the secondary is saying, and what they are doing. "Just doing our job" No big talk, just a matter of fact attitude. This can take us far