Week 3 - Eagles @ Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 21, 2015.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I wanna see us vs Sanchez!!!

2. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

Just purchased my tickets. Hopefully this is not the "trap" game it is setting up to be. They say football games are won and lost in the trenches, if so the Jets win this game....going away.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

While the stat itself may be meaningless simply because the games are spread out over 40+ years that is one ugly number . There are is no other NFL series currently standing at 0-9. Every other combination of teams have beaten each other at least once when having played nine times. The Jets need to win this game and should - they are the better team. Another monkey off the back......

4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Why are so many people are worried about Chip Kelly. He has fucked that team up beyond repair.

He's basically the offensive version of Rex Ryan.

Philly's D is also terrible. I can't believe I wanted the Jets to sign Byron Maxwell. Kiko might also be lost for the season.

It would be a major letdown if we lost this game.

MiaJets305 likes this.
  5. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Preach it.

7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I'll be there on Sunday, can't wait. I don't see any reason why the Jets can't blow the doors off the Eagles, they look terrible. Unless somehow Chip Kelly completely changes his approach I would expect more of the same. The guy is trying to run the read option with a QB who can't run, and he's too much of an egomaniac to admit he made personnel mistakes or change his scheme.

I'm still dealing with a hangover this AM, what a win last night.

JetLifeLo and 4jetfans like this.
  8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

The only way I see the Eagles winning this game is getting Sproles and Murray heavily involved on the outside with screens and outside runs... We don't have the speed at LB to cover them in the open field and that could be the reason we lose... If we lock that down, forget about it.

3-0 fellas.

RochesterJet likes this.
  9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Jets haven't advertised this very well but Sunday is supposed to be a "white out" at MetLife, ala the one from opening day last year and the "green out" vs the Pats in 2013. Some people find them corny but I like them and it looks really cool when the fans participate. They've won the 2 games they did it in, too. Wear white! Jets are going white on white for the first time this year, too.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I was thinking the same thing. For whatever reason, we just don't play well against Philly be it at home or in their house. I'm thinking Cool Hand Bowles will get this team prepared and have them ready to play disciplined hard hitting football.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Missed his point there bud...

Woodhead and DoubleDecker87 like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

This, Philly's Wrs are pretty bad as a group and won't match up well with revis/cro/skrine. Their O-line isn't giving any room for the run game. The only favorable matchups philly has is their Ertz/Sproles on our Lbers.

13. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

These were typically the type of games we lost under the Rex Regime. We win a big game in dominating fashion only to not show up the next game. Incredible lack of preparation.

In no way am I comparing Bowles and Ryan but this is the type of game I want to see how we perform. If we perform to the same consistency as the last 2 games...I might get stupid with confidence.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Vegas early line ...eagles are -2 point favor on the road at 0-2. That says a lot.

Vegas is wrong all the time, but ppl still think Chip's eagles aren't dead yet.

15. JetsVilma28

I think if the defense and home crowd can get into Bradfords head early there is a good shot that we see Sanchez get the nod; sometime on Sunday.

16. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Vegas only predicts betting, not the outcome

RexontheBeach, 74 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  17. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Eagles are getting +2.5 http://espn.go.com/nfl/lines

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

same as last week, we force them to try and beat us through the air and kill them with turnovers. Bradford is quite a step down from Luck as an intermediate/deep ball passer so we should have an overwhelming advantage with our opportunistic secondary.

the hard part will be dealing with screens and other short passes that will no doubt leave their receivers with space to make a 10-15 yard dash. Darren Sproles is concern numero uno, if anybodies gonna make short work of our Linebackers its him.

BUT they cant beat us on those kinds of plays alone, if they're forced to it won't take much to beat them.

19. JetsVilma28

20. JetsVilma28

When it starts to look bad for the Eagles, I expect desperate measures. Hoping the home crowd plays a major factor and our tenacity never lets up. I think the Eagles will claw for every inch in this one. This should be another classic battle.

Drumming up the home crowd will be huge. Get into the feeble eagle qb's minds. Eagles O can afford few turnovers..they don't have the benefit of 'Luck'