Green pants in opener

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    As I said in the GDT the green the Jets were wearing was the color green that comes out your ass when you are sick.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I like our all whites, I always have. I'm up for new uniforms, I wouldn't mind a brighter color. It was such a cool thing to me when I was younger looking at the jerseys from my parent's generation, it kind of made it seem like a true generation difference. I think kids growing up in the next few years are ready to look at our hunter green the way I looked at that Kelly green.

If we do change, I don't want to go to something extreme. Maybe a brighter green, or conceivably two tones of green. I don't want to add a color outside of green, we are green and white. I'm not a fan of the way the 49ers added black to their colors , it just isn't them, and I don't think it would look good for the Jets at all. Hopefully they would still have a great all white in the event of a uniform makeover.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

If Steinbrenner could retire that self-centered mercenary Reggie Jackson's number for his mere 5 years with the club, the Jets could retire Snell's #41.

on-topic: the green-on-white and all-white uniforms are just fine - just return them to being NYJ green instead of Nike green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry but this 'blah dark pants' scheme sucks compared to the Jets uniforms above - jmho.

[​IMG]

#24 joe, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    NY Jets68 and onefanjet like this.
  5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Our classic, road, white-on-white unis are some of the most elegant and refined in all of sports. I never want to see those abandoned. Both the green top/green pants and the green top/white pants combos are solid. I'm just not crazy about the green pants and white top combo.

RochesterJet likes this.
  6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

It's high time the Jets accessorized their uniforms. Green leather clutch perhaps?

HardHitta and abyzmul like this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The white on white would look much better with the green topped socks ( not the stripes ) and white cleats..........also the original green!!

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Assless chaps.

_

HardHitta likes this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

A thread about what pants color we wore......how intresting........Its like reading a sleeping pill

Jets69 likes this.
  10. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Member

Ditch the green pants.

11. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

That was my beef with those. Having green pants itself is fine, just don't use the same color that 70 year old women during their yoga classes would wear. Was it their attempt to put a matte look on it? Who knows, but it was disgusting.