Week 2 MNF: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the Jets being favored, but agree that the whole "Colts are gonna be pissed" thing is ridiculous. I'm sure they were pissed at halftime yesterday too, didn't help.

#101 Kris 15, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Royal Tee likes this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lol I love how the Colts being pissed favors into peoples decisions....We were pissed after every loss last season and it didn't do result into anything.We are gonna pick up the W 27-20 leading to mass hysteria for Colts fans everywhere

JetLifeLo likes this.
  3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Colt's defense is weak. If our D' can keep Luck to pedestrian #'s, we can certainly take this game.

4. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

It's 7? Definitely influenced by week 1, I bet before last week this would have been in the 11-12 range. To be fair, the line reflects what most people who know this league think - that the Colts are a better football team than we are. I like the optimism but it would hardly be a crushing blow to drop this game. The Colts are supposed to win and we are supposed to lose. Even if we went 12-4 this season, this would be one of the games we were expected to lose. This is Bowles first real test on D. Let's be honest, we can say Cleveland has a good o-line but those skill players are at the bottom of the barrel. This is a major step-up in competition. Hilton is a loss for them but elite QBs tend to not give a crap about losing a weapon. Look at Rodgers, loses Jordy but doesn't miss a beat in week 1. Look at Romo - Dez goes down but he leads two late TD drives anyway. Luck if he is on is capable of throwing 300+ yards and 3 TDs against anybody, with or without Hilton. I'm curious to see how our secondary holds up, especially the LBs and safeties in coverage because Luck likes to throw to his TEs.

The problem with going into this game super-confident as some fans are is they will be flipping out and screaming and crying if/when we lose, when it really is not a big deal at all to drop this game, nor anything to panic over.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If Hilton is out, that helps us all around shifting everyones matchup.

Luck can move in and out of the pocket so the key is to not let that happen. Manziel and Josh both used their legs well against us and Luck can do the same.

I think we can stop the run and run on them. Their defense hasn't been consistently good for a while now. While we were able to roll over the Browns in the RZ, same thing has to happen again except we have less margin for error.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We say Bills presented the Blueprint to beat the Colts but at the same time, Bills game gave Colts a chance to fix their mistakes against Jets. In the end, our strengths are similar to Bills' strengths and I am pretty sure, Colts will be ready to execute a different game plan than they showed against Bills.

Won't be an easy game at all. Colts are still favored in my eyes. One thing I liked from our Browns game was the second half adjustments we did. If we can do the same, find a way to analyze the Colts' game plan and come up with some answers in the second half, we might win.

Vegas says Colts are favored by 7 points. We are still a big underdog. It will be nice to win and make a big statement.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If the Jets pull this off and go 2-0 Petroza will need to get another server to handle the influx of 'Jet fans' :p

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

McCopter accounted for 4/4 of the 3rd down conversion.

Once Manziel came on, Browns are 4/12 - and one of it happens to be the fluke TD pass. After Jets got on scoreboard, it was all downhill for the Browns.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Could there be some delusional vapor floating about in the NYJ air.
    Look, I accept the fact that at this stage the Colts are clearly a better team. Check. But to state that we have an infinitesimal chance of winning the game, well that is a bit much. They are favored by seven including 3 for home field advantage so that is far from infinitesimal.
    On the other hand some think the Jets should be right down favorites. Now, the chance of that happening is really infinitesimal. There is no way in hell.
    The fact is we are the underdog and deservingly so. Odds or not the way we collectively played yesterday will not be good enough to win. We will need to clean up our act some. But, and that is a big but, the Jets have a coaching staff that unlike past years is not drinking their own bath water. They are well aware of what they need to do better and will attemp to hammer that home this week in practice.
    So it really boils down to execution and mistake avoidance, whoever wins that battle will win the game. You can forget the win or loss of the first week. It means nothing, nor are the seven points differential. It's focus, preparation, game planning and execution, and having a leadership team that understands that.

#109 LAJet, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

McCopter is my new favorite football name. Nothing beats Frosty Rucker tho.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Wilkerson-Snacks-Williams

It's primetime showtime

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I'd like to see some kind of pass rush to slow down Luck. Do that and we can come out 2-0.

13. Footballgod214

That's kind of the problem. In a 3-4 defense, the pass rush is supposed to come from somewhere other than the front 3. Pace? Coples? Reilly maybe? We have the horses up front but we're lacking the 'pass rusher(s)'.

14. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

The last time we played Luck and the Colts was probably our best game till this past weekends against Cleveland...how we won that game was by running the football...the same formula should apply...I think the colts are a perennial contender until they are not...this season its by the second week...they are just a soft team like those LT/Cro Charger teams....

Anyone remember this...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...olis-colts-andrew-luck-nfl-quarterback-061315

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Sheldon to be back

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

They'd rather say our opponents sucked..than to say we are good. FACT

jetsclaps, NY Jets68 and LAJet like this.
  17. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

The Jets don't play a traditional 3-4. You are generally correct - the basis of 3-4 defenses are Dlinemen being responsible for 2 gaps which leaves LBs free to penetrate; however, Bowles 3-4 is a lot more like a 4-3 in that each Dlinemen and linebacker is generally responsible for 1 gap and his job is just to penetrate his gap whether he's expecting run or pass. This generates more pass rush (because the dlineman doesn't need to sit guarding both gaps before he's figured out if its a run or a pass) but is weaker against the run as each gap essentially has a single Dlineman or LB covering it and if he's blocked out it can lead to more yardage on the run. On the other hand the single gap alignment will lead to more tackles for a loss.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  18. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Some people were chuckling at this a couple months ago but we desperately need him back, Mo can't do it by himself. Especially with the lack of an edge rusher.

19. Footballgod214

IT's nice knowing our team will be getting stronger as the season progresses. Sheldon coming back, Milliner, the RB I can't think of his name, Cro, Mouldin. Plus this is a new team with a new offense/defense that's still learning in most areas and will only get better and better with more game snaps. But ya, Sheldon may be a pot smoking gun packing speedster, but he's OUR speedster and we need him back ASAP.

20. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

You can throw Geno in there as well, and Aboushi, plus Ridley. Three more guys who can come in and take over in case somebody gets hurt. The more games we play, the more time passes, the better we get. Even from a progression point of view if you look at how bad we were in PW1.