Week 2 MNF: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Best post on TGG today.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Normally I say loss

BUT

Their D is weak... U never knw

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What's Indy's identity? Despite having an elite QB they aren't an elite offensive team and they aren't known as a defensive juggernaut.

Obviously having an elite QB gives you a chance to win every game because they can make up for the deficiencies around them. But outside of that we aren't outgunned by the Colts anywhere else to believe that their "being angry" or simply wanting to win the game provides any tangible advantage over us.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I think our offense matches theres and we could win on that front. But can our offense stop Luck?

Maybe 30-27 Jets if we step up.

5. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I don't believe that at all. Team with good (not amazing) offense but shitty defense. Won't really tell us much other than we can beat teams with bad defenses.

6. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

No it won't. Nobody has gotten more credit for being mediocre than the Colts since they got Luck in the draft. Even Alex Smith scored at will against the Colts in the playoffs and only the horrific Chiefs defense bailed Luck out.

Luck might be a great QB (at some point), but he also throws idiotic interceptions in key situations against good defenses and good teams. TY might be out, running game is hurting and their D-line is still undersized and soft.

If Fitzpatrick doesn't turn it over 2-3 times, I would say Jets are more than likely to win. Bills will also beat the Patriots because it's only game 2 and they are at home. Just the type of game Patriots lose in the start of the season.

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I think we match up pretty well, no mobile QB or battering ram TEs to worry about.

Colts 6
    Jets 103

/week1delirium

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Pagano announced that Hilton is out "a couple weeks" with his knee injury. That completely changes the game's complexion. Hilton is the type of receiver that gives Revis fits, and is their #1 by far. Now Revis can lock down Johnson (which he has repeatedly done in his career and Andre has lost a step) and the others can key in on Dorsett and the tight ends. Huge, huge loss for them. I don't think we should have trouble stopping their running game and their o line should help our pass rush. Also, it should be another week of Ivory running wild over a bad run D. I was very pessimistic about this game from the time the schedule came out until yesterday, but it's turning into a very solid matchup.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The Eagles beat them on MNF in Indy last year when the Colts lost their opener. I don't believe in due.

Jets 24 Colts 20

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I think if Hilton and Gore are out that will be key. To win out there the Jets cannot make mistakes. They also must run and run some more. Even if Indy puts up a brave early front against the run, they will crack. They cannot help it. And pressure must be put on Luck. I think if they do that, they will be in it.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We won't have trouble stopping their running game because the Colts don't even bother running it. Yesterday they didn't even show the desire to run the ball against buffalo and I'm talking before the game got out of hand. There was a stretch yesterday, in the 1st and 2nd quarters, with the game tied 0-0, and then 7-0 Buffalo, where the Colts called 18 straight pass plays without a run. against the league's best returning pass defense... in wet weather.... without their best run stuffer, who was serving a suspension (DT -Dareus). You gotta be kidding me Colts..

Hilton being out will help us greatly. Andre Johnson looked almost aloof yesterday when taken out of the game. Hopefully its the same way with Revis shutting him down. I worry about their TEs though having success in this game.

Also- the Colts run D looked much improved yesterday. Buffalo ran the piss out of the ball and they weren't really having much success. McCoy was getting frustrated (17 carries 41 yards). Their rush D looked weak on the edges and in cutbacks but up the middle/at the point of attack they were stuffing Buffalo. Up the middle/at the point of attack is Ivory territory, so Idk how effective the run game will be unless Buffalo's OL is weak. Indy also got pressure up the middle on passing plays but again- nothing on the edge.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

All I know is if the Jets go into Indy on MNF and win, the hype train will start boarding.

13. Big Cat

Hopefully that 18 straight pass play stretch will play to our advantage. When the coaches see that on tape, they may want to come out and establish the run early and often on Monday. I honestly hope they try that. I think if that happens we can set the tone by stuffing them early and getting off the field easily. But knowing them, they'll probably just throw 50 times.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I hope with 8 days off the Colts cool down enough for us to have a chance.

15. Big Cat

Hopefully we take the crowd out of it early too. It was set to be a huge home field advantage with a prime time home opener, but the fans are extremely frustrated with the team and we might be able to get them to turn on themselves with a hot start.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Am I missing the sarcasm? The Colts are hot?

BleedingGreen55 likes this.
  17. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

He means hope they aren't as angry or determined to get revenge for the week 1 loss.

18. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

Why would anyone get excited until week 6? Or rather week 8. If you follow the NFL every year you should know this much by now.

After next week Jets, Bills and Dolphins will be 2-0 while the Pats will be 1-1. Can you make any projections based on that or get excited about a teams chances? No. Pats will win the division and any one of the three teams will take another playoff spot. I'm not feeling too good about the Dolphins after yesterday. Bills QB is still a mystery and Fitzpatrick is Fitzpatrick. Bills D is so good I bet they will win some home games even if their QB plays poorly.

19. Big Cat

20. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

This game will be a much better litmus test for what type of team we really have. If we can run with the Colts then it tells me a lot more than beating up on the Browns.