TGGFFKL 2015 official offseason thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Dec 26, 2014.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I needed to address future QB and get youthful talent at WR...check (hopefully) and check. I wasn't going to leave kicker till the last round but after I got sniped on Crosby I basically punted and am going to hope for the best. Not thrilled I have two defensive starters likely to miss Week 1 (I didn't realize McCourty was as badly hurt as he is) but I'll probably lose to Cro Bunch by a TD or less AGAIN regardless. At least I got pretty good players at the other three d-spots and the hurt guys should be fine presuming they come back in a couple weeks.

I might have screwed up TE but I wanted to get two mid-range guys with upside and hope for the best...I didn't see an elite talent worth going for early (Cameron's got health issues and competition for targets and Witten's good for a win-now team but he's more or less plateaued at this point of his career). As far as not keeping Benjamin I thought about it, but I knew I'd have to reach for a RB early if I threw Stewart back and kept KB and I'd still need two WR's since you never know how a guy will respond from an injury like that, they ain't all AP. I figured I'd just keep two RB's then go receiver-heavy early.

#41 NYJFan10, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I am always up for trades. My team name is kotite's revenge

3. Organized Chaos

I didnt think it was that crazy to throw KB back.

4. NYJFan10

I always second-guess myself anyway lol...but really looking at the first few rounds other than maybe drafting Eifert instead of Reed I don't see much I'd have changed in hindsight. The offensive part of the draft worked out better than I thought not including TE, I figured I'd at least get one of Cooper/Robinson/Adams/Agholor and got two of them. If anything I figured I'd get a John Brown-type with the second pick but he went a couple picks before me. I didn't want to do much with RB since I was already keeping CJ and Stewart other than grabbing at least one of the handcuffs. I probably didn't do as much defensive research as I should have but generally no matter what I do I wind up changing at least half the defensive starters in-season anyway.

It does annoy me dDay's going to have a monster group of receivers next year (he took both Nelson and KB) to go along with A-Rod, even though I thought it was a bit cray-crazy to draft Nelson with the fourth overall pick. I remember a few years ago drafting Maclin in a late late round when he was on IR, now the prices have gone way up on drafting IR receivers it would seem.

#44 NYJFan10, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  5. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I think I made a smart move taking Jordy in the 5th, especially after finding out much later that others were preparing to take him in the 6th round. The only person I considered picking over him was Amari, but he got taken right before I picked. KB i waited for a bit since I already took Jordy. Im pretty satisfied how my team shaped up. Good mix of vets and promising rookies.

6. NYJFan10

Another year, another opening week loss to Cromartie Bunch although at least this one didn't come down to the wire (thanks again, Peyton!)

7. NYJFan10

Well thank goodness Allen Robinson and company showed up this week and saved me the embarassment of sitting Manning for Mr. August

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Wrong thread.
    _

9. Organized Chaos

Could be worse, I started my supposedly superior veteran QB and he was outscore by Bortals on my bench 29-14.

I'd like to especially thank Keenan Allen for crapping the bed this week. The only way I feel good about my team this season is by looking at my bench.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hey at least your QB didn't break his collarbone...

11. Organized Chaos

Want mine? lol

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Haha. I did until like 30 minutes ago

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

What do you want for him

14. Organized Chaos

Didn't even realize he was injured...now I'm following it and he might miss a few games. Don't think you want another broken QB.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Sucks man.. This is the worst league to have a QB problem in.. That 2nd round pick I spent on Stafford is looking pretty good right now, hopefully he can stay healthy and not suck

16. NYJFan10

Yeah usually everyone has one good-great QB but after the top few backups there's a bit of a dropoff where you're almost better trying waiver luck when needed.

I looked on the wire just out of curiosity to see what starting QB's are left...right now it's Mallett, Cousins and maybe McCown and a couple of those guys probably get picked up by your teams this week. Plus I suppose Weeden and whoever the Saints' backup is :p

17. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Murphy being Murphy smh! Mets had bases loaded with no outs and are lucky to get one run.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I need a QB. Willing to trade Calvin and/or John Brown

19. Organized Chaos

Well that was quick. Lol

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol. The stars aligned for me in this league. I can't believe how different my roster is now from when I took it over around this time last year.

#60 74, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015