So the fire Idzik goons got their way... happy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 1, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Irrelevant.

There are plenty of guys with MORE physical talent that have bombed out of this league because they didn't have the mental part. Guys have had better arms or threw better balls or were more athletic than Geno that never amounted to anything.

Give me a guy with less physical talent and more football IQ and I'll go to bat with him.

It was a massive waste of a second round pick to get a jag backup QB.

It just was.

_

ajax, rammagen and Big Blocker like this.
  2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Geno was terrible for one game in 2014. Really terrible. But overall in 2014 his TDs to picks were a wash. (13-13) Also his stats were comparable and in many categories better to Blaine Bortles the top rated Qb going into the 2014 draft the the guy selected at overall 3. He isn't a bust yet. And deserves to get playing time in 2015 unless the Jets are contenders under Fitz. He's also not ever going to win on Jeopardy.

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Even more confused with the Geno hate.

4. JStokes

I was appeasing the Genophiles back at the time.

And that was an argument of the silliness about him being a first rounder.

But nice waste of your time.

_

5. DoubleDecker87

The only waste of time going on here is the effort that you put forth hating an individual for no reason.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. JStokes

You're the dude going back wasting even a nanosecond looking at my ancient posts to find an a-ha moment but I have my reasons.

Besides, as always with your a-ha moments, you take them out of historical context. I was a new poster and my initial critical comments were vehemently objected to by a bunch of Genophiles.

I didn't like the guy coming out of college and I saw him a LOT AND I knew that class was shit and that 2014 was going to be the year of the QB.

I played nice so as to not to inflame the narrative as a new poster.

So what? Why do you care how I feel about a player? Because I think the pick was a waste and could have been used elsewhere and given us a shot at a much better option at QB in 2014?

Again, why do you care? I'm happy you like Geno, good for you.

I like the Jets and I want what's best for the team.

_

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for digging these up. He's turned into a hater because of Geno's 1st two seasons, never mind that he should never have seen the field in year 1 and maybe not in year 2.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geno doesn't deserve anything this year. If he gets on the field because Fitzpatrick can't stay on one way or the other that's another story.

Geno's had 29 starts to establish that he's a good enough prospect to continue to give starts too. Those 29 games tell us the answer is no unless the Jets have to put him on the field for some reason. If he gets on the field and does well then he should stay there but he doesn't deserve a free path to the field at this point. He hasn't earned that.

ajax and rammagen like this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you. Geno has had a chance a good chance. But I'd play him if things don't go well with Fitz this season. If Fitz does the job Geno only plays in mop up duty in games we're kicking ass in.

Br4d likes this.
  10. JStokes

I didn't "turn into a hater".

I saw him play a lot at WVU.

I knew then.

_

Jets69 likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Stokes...it's gonna be hard to believe anything you post again.

What's next? Are we gonna find a Paella Helper box in your garbage can?

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Exactly. If you have to put Geno on the field you put him on the field but development time is over. He's in the backup looking for an opportunity phase of his career now. He may get that opportunity and he may do well with it but that's for the fates to decide. No 2nd round pick gets a second mulligan, good organizations just don't do that unless they have no choice.

rammagen likes this.
  13. JStokes

You were one of the dudes killing me when I first got here. You were a huge Genophile so I had to play nice so as not to get ostracized. Be honest, you hated me back in the beginning.

BTW, They were as backhanded a compliments as I could muster without really giving my true opinion.

Did you SEE the Pinstripe Bowl? I was there live. It was lol-worthy. I actually wrote an honest to god letter to Idzik imploring him not to draft a QB in 2013 and instead wait until 2014 to take one because of the quality and quantity coming out that year.

True story.

_

14. DoubleDecker87

His argument that he saw Geno "a lot" consisted of 2 of his worst games in his college career both of which happened to occur against the powerhouse of Syracuse. If you go back and use the great search engine this site has you will see the obvious hate comes for no reason. At one point Ryan Nassib was Peyton Manning and Tajh Boyd was our savior.

15. JStokes

Oh stop--I saw just about every game he played at WVU, he was Big East his first years. And he sucked against Syracuse who SUCKED during his college career. Powerhouse lol. And as much as I appreciated what Nassib did for my program, I never thought he'd be a good pro. Throws fastballs and that's it.

Boyd-loved his athleticism and his smarts and his leadership--so sue me.

But the top 3 IMO that I seriously touted in that time period--Mariota, Teddy and Carr are the real deal.

While you're wasting your time looking up my ancient posting history--go find out what I said about them?

Hey wait, are you one of the dudes that LOVED Tebow?

That's right, you joined BECAUSE of Tebow.

Nice.

_

16. JStokes

And by the way, why do you care who I don't like and what my reasons are?

It's kind of creepy.

_

17. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

For the record - I'm new and I'm not sold on Leonard Williams.

Enjoy!

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

SO the bar for our QB is so low that it's a good thing if the TD's to INT is only a wash. I know that is out of context but to say Geno is a NFL quality QB at this point is a far stretch. He's had two years and I would not even say he can be a "game manager" yet. The moves this off season put us in a win now or soon mode. Geno just is not the guy. Were talking about a guy who's own players want to beat up, so it not like you can point to his leadership ability is any good.

rammagen likes this.
  19. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I guess you could give him a week or so to develop before you imply he's a bust.

Tell you what I'll give you as long as you give him before I declare you a bust here on the forum.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Well it looks like this trend of starting Qbs their rookie season isn't working. It started in 2011 with Andy Dalton and then in 2012 Luck, Tannehill and RG3 and continued with Geno, Manuel in 2013. The only one who's really good is Luck with Tannehill above average and then Dalton ok. Starting 30 games is a good test so you could be right about Geno. But he did finish 2014 playing well so too early to just toss him out the door. That comes next year.