OTL Report: Goodell covered up extent of Spygate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Sanchize0829, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Well you don't have any proof that they didn't cheat either so I guess we'll just have to see how this goes.

There is a much bigger issue here than the Patriots cheating and it's Roger Goodell, for years Patsie fans despite getting the benefit of the doubt on many calls in games and going after him as a "former Jets employee" seem to be wrong. There is definitely an issue with this guy if it's true he covered things up. For many years people questioned why those spygate tapes were destroyed without anyone but a select few sets of eyes seeing them and many people including myself have believed there was more on those tapes than the league wanted people to see. Well he needs to go and now, you cannot have these types of allegations sitting over your head and run the most important sport in America.

I'm very curious to see what else is going to happen because I think this is far from over....

FlaJet and Burning Elvii like this.
  2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's bullshit and you know it. Did Saints fans love him after he stole a season from them because of something even NFL Films was pushing just a few years before? Were Raven and Viking fans find of Rog after he suspended their running backs for a season? How about Steeler fans based on some "allegations" not even a court case. No proof Ben did anything to that gold digger but Rog certainly had no problem handing out a punishment.

Do you think Jet, Bill and Dolphin fans wanted to celebrate his birthday with him after he fucked up Spygate? Eagle , Ram and Panther fans too?

rammagen and Burning Elvii like this.
  3. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Pats fans are brainwashed. Ernie Adams ate their souls

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I had to laugh when I read a story on Yahoo sports yesterday that started out with something like this: "you know it hasn't been a good year for the Patriots when only the 14th most important story was their former TE being convicted of murder".

5. Julio3

Julio3 Banned

Hey all you numbnuts: They said the same kinds of things about Red Auerbach.
    There is nothing new in this OTL report. Look at all the videos of former head coaches saying they
    and others tried to steal signals, it's a time honored tradition. The other allegations are all of the
    "Hey I lost to the Patriots, so it must have been that they had invisible space aliens in the locker room
    recording all our plans" variety.
    Julio

6. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

The big deal here is that Goodell covered the bigger story up. He probably thought he was protecting the NFL while all he was doing was giving the Pats a license to cheat. This stuff always gets out eventually. It's Ironic that the Pats are the ones who stirred the pot til it did. I guess they could not help themselves.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  7. kbgreen

There is a line here, and if what is being reported is true the Pats crossed it.

Burning Elvii and Jets_Grinch like this.
  8. Julio3

Julio3 Banned

And what line was that? The same "line" he crossed when he embarrassed Harbaugh in the playoff game because
    he knew the rules about eligible receivers better than Harbaugh? Of course Belichick is going to take advantage of
    stuff like that. Shouldn't you guys be worrying about your quarterback situation? Oh I know; if your team falls on
    its face its going to be because Belichick secretly gases your locker room with nerve agents.
    Julio

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So - it was previously reported that the Pats hired low level employees to steal playbooks and play sheets from hotels and locker rooms? First I remember hearing about it.

Not surprisingly, Pats fans blame ESPN for their team being blatant cheaters. Again. God damn ESPN forced Belichick to instruct pee-on's looking to get a big break into the NFL to steal opposing play books. How dare ESPN do this type of shit?

These fucking cheats are real assholes.

10. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

One finds it suspicious that the NFL loses a high profile case and this comes out a little later

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Interesting read, but no smoking gun and really nothing that hasn't been alleged before, this is just sourced to more and different anonymous sources. Not really that damning if you ask me.

On the other hand, what is Martz saying about all this right now? That shouldn't be that difficult for someone to go get him on the record once and for all.

12. kbgreen

There is a line between being competitive and cheating. If you need for me to define it for you, your mother did a poor job of raising you. You should speak to her.

If you read my posts about Geno you would be well aware that I am more concerned about our QB situation than I am about the dirty team out of Boston.

rammagen likes this.
  13. kbgreen

I don't think it's suspicious at all, Goodell is trying to save his ass. But I am sure you were waiting for someone to say that...

14. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

I think the Pats cheated. I also believe the NFL is trying to spike the well

Burning Elvii likes this.
  15. Burning Elvii

Red Auerbach, LOL that guy is pushing up daisies.....
    signals is a time honored pastime, with pen, paper and binoculars..... filming in the illegal location has always been outlawed.
    You people are tired, you must be so exhausted from carrying that water jar....... sit down and take a rest.

rammagen likes this.
  16. kbgreen

I think you may be right on both counts!
    The thing that has me confused is how the Pat fans blindly think that with all this smoke there is no fire. Win at all cost?

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The Patriot Way is nothing more than institutionalized cheating. Exploit every bit of gray in the rule book for your advantage. If it isn't expressly prohibited, it's worth exploiting. When you get caught, deny it, lie about it, blame others, attack your accusers, and/or claim you misinterpreted the rule. Over time, this institutional cheating gives you an advantage over other teams. Maybe you win two or three games a season that you should've lost. Next thing you know, you're in the Hall of Fame and your blind fans are calling you a dynasty. Winning without integrity is a hollow victory, and it is nothing to be proud of.

18. Burning Elvii

there are def new things reported. You need to do a little research.....unless you're holding back some inside info..........why do to great lengths to defend all this cheating??

19. Burning Elvii

All that heat on the berg......melts it

[​IMG]

rammagen likes this.
  20. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

That formation against the Ravens was great coaching. I said that then and i say it now. Stealing playsheets from opposing locker rooms, the alleged spat between a Pats official and an opposing team about locking their room in Foxborough and the video taping being vastly more widespread then anyone thought (though many suspected after Kraft's buddy Roger destroyed the evidence) are the line. Stealing a signal or two is part of the game but the systemic cheating on multiple levels that is being reported here as well as the commish covering up for them is beyond crossing the line. I also take issue with the fact that the offseason before spygate the owners voted on putting headsets on the defense and the Pats lead the charge to prevent them. The following offseason it passed with little to no resistance after their misdeeds came to light.

rammagen likes this.