OTL Report: Goodell covered up extent of Spygate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Sanchize0829, Sep 8, 2015.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Uh isn't the two whole articles point more and more that the Pats cheated? Some of the stuff like warm gatorade is funny. Some of the stuff like stealing playcalls is pure cheating.

What the articles point to is basically saying the Pats cheated and they've been caught multiple times for sure with Spygate (the warning then the "sting"). Then it also points to the fact anonymous people have said they do more, or said they do more. Clearly teams believe they do more as teams act differently around Foxboro than when visiting other stadiums.

What's missing is how much this goes on in general in the NFL, we don't have a baseline to compare it to. Granted I think it was the SI that said most teams say they only do the extra pre cautions vs NE which means NE is just notorious for it, not that other teams don't do it. It's interesting, because there were always threads here and there but this put it all together. OTL dropped a bomb.

The biggest thing that everyone can agree on is that Roger messed up Spygate. You don't destroy the evidence on sight and ask the team breaking the rules to hand over whatever they have. That is clearly not wanting to know the answers. Not asking how many games they did it for is clearly avoiding the topic.

2. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Yeah either that or people have built up an unbelievable hatred for the Patriots while watching them win often, and that hatred has spun itself into a frenzied crowd and creating a market and vehicle for stories based on rumor and conjecture.

The league did just have a federal frickin' judge toss out their entire "investigation" while shredding the wells report and reversing an arbitration hearing that 99 other times out of a hundred, doesn't go the other way.

Believe what you want, if it makes you feel better what do I care, I just want to see good football. But this pussification of everything where every team that lost needs to have the door open to the possibility that reality was a lie. Fuck that shit. Teams go up teams go down, if you're pissed get over it. Statistically speaking the future is probably going to be friendlier to the Jets than to the Patriots, and I am willing to bet you'll all of a sudden forget your hatred for the Pats.

3. SteveGrogan

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Is this jerkoff still trying to convince us he doesn't care that the world believes the Patriots are a bunch of cheating scumbags and that he'll never earn our validation?

Pathetic.

_

Jake and Barry the Baptist like this.
  5. displacedfan

So you think ESPN and SI both just made up stories from people who don't like the Pats and called it a day?

6. SteveGrogan

I think they ran goofball pieces that grabbed your attention more than almost any other story and they sold more toilet paper and deodorant commercials than anyone could imagine.

Most people feel like this kind of garbage gives them a win. It doesn't. That's just how they sell it.

7. displacedfan

You just making up things now because you didn't read the articles? It's as much as a shot at Roger as the Pats. The Pats stuff is just to build to the fact that Roger mishandled every investigation he's touched. There is no winning.

8. SteveGrogan

I read them. Roger is only hated because he wasn't able to do anything to the pats. If he'd gotten that court case to win he would have been loved.

Coincidence? Or motivation?

9. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

False, before deflategate everyone else hated GODell. the only difference now is the last remaining fan base that supported him is now on board.

TNJet likes this.
  10. displacedfan

What's funny is you are taking stuff from the articles you called goofball to try and make your point. Either you believe it or you don't.

You also need to read up. He fined the Pats org and took away a draft pick. What people didn't like was how the investigation was a quick rush. The biggest fact was that reportedly Roger never asked how many games the tapings took place for. That's a basic question. That's someone clearly not running an investigation well or wanting to know the answers.

For the NFL sake, I think Roger did the right thing. Can't have integrity of the game ruined after watching baseball fight through the PED thing. The poor job was well everything else. This should have never come up again, but he consistently messed up over and over again and ironically enough challenging the Pats and Kraft led back to this being brought up.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  11. SteveGrogan

Go explain the video I posted please.

12. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

would be the best outcome as Roger is, has been compromised for many many years. All today's news confirms he wants to take a hard line on his buddy but still lets them skate

Belichick should have been fined and suspeneded too. Talk is cheap Roger the Clown.

rammagen likes this.
  13. Burning Elvii

Not today, he got his day out last week (Thursday)

Back to the trailer offices for him

14. Burning Elvii

They're all still holding the code red for Bill.....until they die.

15. Burning Elvii

16. Burning Elvii

[​IMG]

Oh WAIT!!

rammagen likes this.
  17. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Now there are more reports of different types of cheating prove to me they didn't. Before when Goodell back the pats he was the greatest now he wants to swong his ban hammer and he sucks? Espn two yrs ago were riding the cheaters and they were great , espn is bspn to cheater fan because they came out with this story. Now cheater fans are questioning the timing of the story(I am pissed over that too it should have come out 7 yrs ago).

OK show me proof they didn't cheat because the burden of proof is on the pats. if I was an owner I would want goodell fired because if he covered up to that extent people should be banned from the sport and the pats should loose multiple picks first rnd. I can't give them the death penalty (but I would make them suck for 7 yrs) but for the conference rivals the dolphins, Jets and Bills should be reward those stripped picks because they got cheated the most. After that it should go to the steelers, eagles, rams and colts. Why because it appears they were cheated in big games
    Hint: You can't either

TNJet likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Question for Grogan: How much cheating is acceptable to you?

19. SteveGrogan

Marty's supposed "bombshell" is lifted off of 2008 article. There was nothing recent about it.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He is deflecting yet again because pat fans KNOW their team is rotten to the core.