OTL Report: Goodell covered up extent of Spygate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Sanchize0829, Sep 8, 2015.

1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Cognitive Dissonance. It's amazing how much garbage people will believe in order to maintain the beliefs.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think you meant to post this in the Respectful Religion thread.

_

Jake and TNJet like this.
  3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Haha!

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/a...tons-parties--the-patriots-way-191617766.html

Alleged locker room break-ins, secret tapes and Hamptons parties: The Patriots Way?

Burning Elvii likes this.
  5. JetsVilma28

6. JetsVilma28

Tuesday delivered the latest episode of "As the Patriots Turn," and it was pretty eventful, even by New England standards – "New England Standards" being that having a former star tight end convicted of murder this offseason was like the franchise's 14th biggest storyline.

haha ... ouch ... circus

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There's some belief that the NFL ordered this as a "hit piece". First, this probably was in the making for a while. 2nd, it makes Goodell look TERRIBLE. It takes swings at Goodell and the Pats so it didn't come from Roger trying to flip the Pats view in the public.

Second, playing in a lot of close games, some of these things that border on gamesmanship (poor quality headsets, warm water) to blatant cheating (stealing call sheets ,taping walkthroughs) could make a difference in a close game, if true.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ok, so if the NFL ordered it and I realize we don't know that then what are they going to do about it? Firing Goodell is probably on the plate but what about the Patriots?

9. JetsVilma28

From the OTL report:

In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense.

10. JetsVilma28

Everybody in the NFL front office should go. New Commish, sets the new standard. Goodell, Kraft, Bellichick have to go, Brady should just retire. lol how many cheated 1st quarter Jets games have I had to watch? haha fucking cheats :mad:

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

On NFL Network, McGinest (ex-Pat) was just DEFENDING this saying that if a team is dumb enough to leave that info laying around, they deserve what happens.
    The Patriot Way

12. JetsVilma28

C'mon Willie! lol

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Named after a little dick, acts like a little dick, talks like a little dick

TNJet likes this.
  14. Has Teddy Bruschi been on yet? I think he might start crying

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  15. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

You sound like a 12 year old girl.

16. hmm..12 huh?

Cheater!Cheater!Pumpkineater!

That about right?

rammagen likes this.
  17. JetsVilma28

sportsmanship is lost in New England. Integrity, set the bar high up there. The circus opens Thursday in New England
    i love the clown in your avatar ;) xoxo

18. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

People act as if it's so difficult to catch the type of cheating we're talking about. They could have gotten that football thing right, but as it is scientific groups say it's far from frickin' certain there was ever any air out of them in the first place. So while I appreciate the mention of the term cognitive dissonance just consider for a moment that cognitive dissonance works both ways, and not many in here look like filters of reality. More often you all work each other up into a frenzy but at the end of the day you've got none of the facts, no proof of anything. And upon closer inspection the Patriots look a lot less guilty than more.

If you're just KNOWING the Patriots cheated but you just need to find the proof, yeah, that's cognitive dissonance working alright.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

They're not going to do anything about it. One of the main reasons of the supposed coverup was the integrity of game, thus getting Mike Martz and other high ranking officials to say that video taping wouldn't impact the game results. So if this is true, and while some details seem ridiculous the overall point seems true, the NFL doesn't want to do anything here. They deny with the Pats that it's a thing, that it never impacted the game, and they try as hard as possible to hope nothing else comes out. They don't want asterisks.

20. Julio3

Julio3 Banned

"In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that
    the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method
    the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that
    during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into
    the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20
    or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense."

Idiotic claim. Are you telling me that every team that visited just left the scriptbook lying around (in the same place) for somebody to pick up?
    Just more sour grapes from a bunch of sore losers. Mommy mommy it's not fair, he beat me he beat me, I'm gonna tip over the board!!!
    Julio