Week 1: Cleveland Browns @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Heard a funny thing on the radio today........with what happened to the Browns Oline coach over the weekend, Cleveland now has someone suspended for week 1 at every level: GM, coach and player ! Now I see why the Browns fans call their stadium "The Factory of Sadness"

I mean, a lot of Jets fans complain or talk about how snake bit we are as a franchise, but IMO, cheering for Cleveland has got to be tougher (maybe @CleveSteve can chime in?). Since they've come back into the league in 1999, they've had a winning record only once. It's just been a revolving door of GM's, coaches, and QB's for Cleveland over the last 16 years.......

#61 Ptflea2, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I thought they called it "The Poop Factory"

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Wish I was home to watch the Colts Bills game, I think that'll be a great one. Matchup between 2 teams who couldn't possibly be more different. The Bills made Aaron Rodgers look like an imbecile last year, can they do the same to Luck? I love their front but I'm not sure they have the back end to compete with that WR corps. They should be able to run all over that defense, given that McCoy is healthy. Should be a fun one, I'll DVR it. Hopefully you give us a blueprint to beat them week 2.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Ahh regular season is finally around the corner.

I think the Jets will be able to run early and often on the Browns allowing them to stay conservative with Fitzpatrick. They'll use their WRs but I see this as being one of our most run heavy gameplans for the year.

Defensively, I think we can stop the run and make them one dimensional.

Key things I'm looking out for:
    RZ offense efficiency
    Our LB/S in coverage
    Can we create turnovers

5. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Per Rotoworld

Browns RB Duke Johnson was still in concussion protocol on Monday.

Coach Mike Pettine declined to say if Johnson would be ready by Sunday, but the reports the Browns plan to promote Shaun Draughn off the practice squad suggest Johnson is questionable at best for Week 1. Isaiah Crowell will open the season as the Browns' clear lead back.

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

We'll see. Philosophy wise, I actually like Jim Schwartz's scheme better than what I've seen so far from Rex. We have the horses up front to wreak havoc with just four, dropping 7 into coverage and not leaving any holes to throw into. Rex seems to blitz a lot more and that caused some big plays when Pettine was here. We will see how it plays out.

It will really hurt not having Dareus and McKelvin on the back end.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Better get used to the blitzing and giving up big plays, both trademarks of Rexs defense

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Wow, I completely forgot about Dareus. That could change the complexion of the game. Without him Gore might actually be able to pick up yardage. I figured Buffalo would force Indy to throw it 40 times. I think that defense revolves around him, as good as Hughes and the Williams's are.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Going to be a rainy game

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I share an office with a Browns fans and they are actually thinking the Jets will be easy compared to the other teams in their division and ours that they will play this year. I on the other hand feel the jets DBs will make this an easy game; Jets 31, Browns 13. I will even bust out my old Revis Jersey and wear it on Friday.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

To be fair, this probably is a easier game on their schedule but no way is this a easy win for the Brownies. They are still the Browns.

12. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

If they don't win this game, this could be a long miserable year

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, if I was a Browns fan, I would rather play the Jets than the Patriots, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens and Bills. Dolphins/Jets is a toss up, but I could see someone rather playing Fitzpatrick than Tannehill. Again, just talking from a Browns fan point of view.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Key to the game: our offensive line and Fitz. Their Qb is experienced and while not great can find openings and move he ball. But I think our D is an overmatch for him. Prediction: Jets 24 Cleve 14.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

The defense for sure revolves around him. The players, coaches and fans will all tell you that. It's no secret in buffalo. People who don't watch the bills play will say Dareus is great because they can look at his stats, and there's no question he's got great stats, but when you watch the games and focus on him you can see how truly great he is. He impacts every.single.play somehow. He's a force, and he is worth every penny of the $100 million dollar contract he will sign.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Are we still -3 ?

Ivory is gonna run amok.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it will be a punt fest. I think the Jets will win because they are at home and its difficult for anyone to win on the road week 1. I think it will look similar to last year's opening win vs. the Raiders. Kinda sloppy, lots of punting, Jets in control most of the game but not pulling away by any means.

Jets 17-Cleveland 14

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking too, over 100 yards for CI

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I get all the way down here to your post, and the general observations you have are closest to mine, with one caveat. Your score indicates the Browns' get two td's. I think an FG from them at some point is likely, so maybe they score 10 or even 13.

Make no mistake about it, with the Qb who started pre-season as the backup, and coming off an injury, with Smith waiting in the wings (where he hopefully stays), and the first outing for Bowles and the CS as a group, this is a big game for an opener. The pressure will be on.

Still, I think Fitz will avoid picks because the D will not let the Browns get a lead, certainly not a big lead. The key will be (as most everyone else notes) Ivory, and I think he gets it done.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Can't settle for FGs in the redzone. We need touchdowns so we put this game out of reach