Poll: What was your reaction to the JAWBREAKER

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Aug 12, 2015.

?

When you heard the news of the punch, were you happy or sad?

1. Happy!!!!!!!

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Sad :-((((((((((

52 vote(s)
    77.6%
  1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I said Sanchez, not Pennington.

If Rex didn't put him in there Sanchez would have had one more shot to make it here.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I know who you said. I read the article about Sanchez's shoulder and it would've been only a matter of time.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I think they released the wrong player, I'd take IK over Geno any day of the week

4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

not enough choices. I was actually indifferent. Things happen for a reason. And disgusted. If Geno were a different person this would not have happened. I thought Geno was turning the corner a little. I am now sure he was just the same old dildo he has always been. As for IK, I do not care about him

#44 jdon, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Neither...just embarassed

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If he's the 31st best starting QB, its an upgrade!

7. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Honestly, I was pissed. It wasn't that I thought Geno was going to be Tom Brady out there, but Fitz is just a meh QB. It seemed the only chance we had for 2015 to be interesting was Geno to make our off-season of progress worth something by upping his game to the point where he became a good QB. Not Aaron Rodgers or anything, just sort of 'pretty decent'. Maybe that's asking too much of the guy, but he has arm talent, and spent two years with either shitty WRs, or a crappy coach, or both.

It was blind optimism, but I was hoping that he'd make a leap to being sort of that Chad Pennington 9-7ish kind of QB. Then with our defense and a bit of luck, we could go 10-6.

As soon as this happened, I was pissed. Pissed that our 'best off-season in the NFL' was likely for naught, pissed that Geno seems to refuse to grow up, and pissed that I was really excited for 2015, when in reality it's just going to be another steel-toe-kick-in-the-nuts year anyway.

I had been cutting Geno a lot of slack due to the poor WRs, poor coaching, and the fact that he was thrown into the deep end when he wasn't ready. It should've been 2 years of Sanchez (or, someone better) before we even tried to hand the ball to Geno, but he was called to do a job and had to make do.

He might laugh at being called the 32nd best QB in football, but you made all of those people who doubted you seem pretty prescient when you no-showed a camp and didn't apologize to fix it. IK was in the wrong, but Geno wasn't in the right. I hope Fitz plays his ass off and Geno sits all year, then ends up signing a $ 2m/year deal wherever he goes, instead of the $ 5m plus he could've gotten had he shined as our QB this year.

That punch could end up yet costing him a hell of a lot more than $ 600, and I hope it does. Grow the fuck up, man. Way too much on the line for this bullshit, 3 years in.

#47 Vanbiesbrouck, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    TNJet likes this.
  8. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

So happy the Rex circus is gone...:rolleyes: