Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

That sounds more like a rabbit punch.

Perhaps Bowles was simply providing a description of the recipient.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i don't think there is as much poison in the room as you think.

but Geno is part of the problem imo, and Richardson is towing that line.
    i also don't trust Marshall as far as i can throw him.

what i'm saying is......if you are going to talk tough about discipline and changing culture.....only taking action on IK doesn't cut it.
    there might need to be tougher decisions made in the future if these fucks don't straighten up, and i hope Bowles has the balls to do it.
    a couple guys can spiral a season..

TNJet and FlaJet like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great post, but it's probably wasted because morons and cretins aren't going to change. They think they're funny and cool.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think we need to put things in perspective.

IK was an immediate problem and Bowles solved it by cutting him loose.

Richardson is suspended for four games already. Bowles can and should wait until the bye week for facts to emerge and to see what (if anything the league plans to do about it).

Geno is getting surgery. Until he is healthy Bowles does not have to decide whether to start, bench, or cut him.

We have a lot of problems but so far Bowles is not one of them.

5. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

i think we have to consider the G smith era over ... with virtually no training camp there be plenty of rust when he does come back ... I cant see turning to him after possible 10 weeks off ....honestly how good could he with that kind of layoff ??... and the team cant wait another year for this guy to develop.... B petty should get a long look in preseason games but I don't expect much ..the team should be in the market for a QB ... in M Maccagnan short history here I would guest he`ll be looking a M glennon or z mettenberger maybe not now but as the season moves along or next off season ... I like that he doesn't draft by need but by best player available if he could get one of those guys for say 4 or 6 rd pick I could live with that ....unless the team is so bad and we get a top 3 pick then if there`s a QB worthy ok ... but with the teams D we wont be that bad ..... its really to bad !! I though with good coaching this was smith best chance

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I disagree with this, there is a major difference between sticking your finger in someones face and sucker punching a guy. Even if it isn't sucker punch I can't just walk up to a co worker and get into an argument and then break his jaw because he sticks his finger in my face. Not only would I likely be fired but I would in all likelihood be charged with assault. IKE should be glad he plays in the NFL (or did) or he'd probably be arrested as well. He may still end up getting sued as well. IKE is an idiot, plain and simple. He obviously has no self control and he's the kind of no name garbage player that commits a stupid roughing penalty on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter to keep the other teams drive alive.

And anyone cheering Geno's injury, you are an embarrassment. You are no better than the idiot Chowdaheads in Assachusetts cheering and laughing about it. Go root for some classless organization like the Pats. Show some respect to the players on your team. If you don't like Geno that's fine that's your opinion and I don't care but when you openly cheer and celebrate a player on our team getting his jaw broken by a teammate by a punch you are scum. I think Geno sucks but you know what, I support him and I want him to do well. I don't care how bad he sucks, I don't want to see him get hurt. I don't want to see his season end because of some asshole. Cheering and celebrating this makes you a disgrace.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You forgot Owusu

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

agreed, Bowles is not the cause of this. it would be silly to think he was.
    the honeymoon is now over though, and he's being tested right out of the gate.

i would've preferred some action taken on Geno, even if it was a fine......just to show that type of behavior is not tolerated from ANYONE.
    we can't let a few bad apples melt this season, and i'm looking towards Bowles right now to ensure the correct leaders are in place, and that anyone seen as a disruptive force will be disciplined or removed.
    spotlight is on him to straighten this shit out.

Will-I-Am-Not and FlaJet like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Would that we never had to suffer you again, lowlife.

10. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

??Where has anyone in this thread say they support brady?? Two complete different issues. One is a cheater and the other one (Geno) is just plain stupid. (in regards to what happened) If people say the Jets are a circus than Geno just played the part of the splapstick clown.

11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

IK may have to add EA to his name because that may be where he's working from now on.

12. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I think the organization believes that his punishment in the short term, having a broken jaw, facing possible surgery, and losing the starting QB job, is sufficient.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Freddy Mondo and Red Menace like this.
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so i am late to the meeting. but i heard that it was over a 600 dollar plane ticket geno didnt use and then didnt pay him back.

i have to wonder how much that 600 dollar plane ticket might have just cost him. holy fucking dumb ass. but thats how folks handle things alot in this world. only recently did we all become a bunch of pussies and outlaw any kind of confrontation.

secondly, if you arent all pissed off at me for that last statement. what does richardson have to do with the altercation? or are people just whining about what a terrible place the locker room is with all these bad men?

15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I'm at a loss

When I saw the news I thought I was on the wrong channel watching a comedy skit making fun of the Jets.

Cannot make this crap up.

While I could try to speculate, and articulate thoughts on why Geno is not a leader or not "QB material" the reality is that no one deserves to be punched.

Damn this is nuts.

If I have to spin it positive, maybe it will help Geno to get more film, maybe Fitz will get hot, maybe players will rally, maybe Petty will develop quicker.

Terrible- what a joke my team is

NYJalltheway and RexontheBeach like this.
  16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am more or less concerned with Geno than you guys.

Is this the kind of guy you want to follow behind? I don't think I will want to follow this kind of a leader.

And cutting IK loose but not giving a slight punishment to Geno is not fair - to me, anyway. If anything, he started the whole mess, not IK.

FlaJet, TNJet and James Hasty like this.
  17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

To me the term "sucker punch" give a whole other slant to it than what you imply. Guy is making $100's of thousands and going to "sucker punch" someone over $600?

18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Let me also say

While Bowles has a little Forrest Gump in him that makes me cringe, I do like his statement about how if Fitz is winning, he is starting...

Very cool to hear such honesty.

James Hasty likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Dude was punched in the face and had his jaw broken in 2 spots.

Anyone in that locker room who did respect him likely does not anymore. I believe this will probably define the rest of his career in the NFL. He will not be able to shake this incident off like a normal, sports related injury.

Hopefully he figures out a way, but I wouldn't bet on it.

TNJet likes this.
  20. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Hopefully Owusu will come back soon. It sounds like he just has a minor concussion. He'll probably be ready by Week 1.