AA carted off...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_NYTitan, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Capt. Ace Nick

trade for the Honey Badger!

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

i already posted reasons for my statements on this thread. I honestly don't care about your opinion on my opinion... again you never seen dude play obviously so go do your own research and maybe you'll enlighten yourself. none of us know more than GM's and coaches so should we just not speak on any player in that case? get over your little internet ego bro. You have nothing to bring to my post about Gilchrist or how i'm wrong about him not being a good player then don't even reply.

4 seasons: he gave up 15 Td's, QB ratings passing on him is 115.8, QB completion percentage is 76%, he's only deflected 7 passes, he's NEVER PLAYED FS, He's only really signed for 1 year 3.5 million because he's not that good he's not someone to commit to.. he's a prove it player... so tell me how he's good?

#42 JetLifeLo, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  3. Dcat

Dcat New Member

Gilchrist played out of position there. He's a converted Clemson CB who San Diego had in the wrong position at SS. Anyone who watched San Diego knows that. The FS in San Diego was and is Weddle. Obviously, you don't bench Weddle or move him out of position, so it says something that they thought Gilchrist was worth playing at SS. They probably drafted him to be a corner. Lets see what Gilchrist will do at a position he is better suited for before reaching any conclusions.

NCJetsfan and NYJalltheway like this.
  4. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

It's never good when a player hurts his Achilles tendon. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The Playerline App says that news will come out tomorrow, but there is hope he won't be done for the year.

I'm expecting the worst though.

6. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I tore my achilles tendon once and it's pretty much one of the easiest things to diagnose. You either hear a pop or you can just squeeze your calves to see if the tendon is torn or not. But who knows. With the gear on, taped up shoes and ankles that's probably not the first thing you want to do. Hopefully it's nothing serious, I was so excited to see him this year used in the type of role that would really showcase all his skills. If it really is a torn achilles I guess the only "good" thing is this means more snaps for JJ who has been just as impressive this offseason and of course last season when he "broke out". But this whole thing is a bummer.

7. DaBallhawk

Really does look like he's done. Very little hope left at this point. For all this to happen in the final play of practice just adds more salt to the wound. And it even happened pre snap, he wasn't even doing anything crazy or dangerous either. Ugh.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Shitty man. I hope Rontez shows something. He's been sticking around for a few years, and it's now or never for him now.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

It's unfortunTe and sucks but unfortunately every team suffers injuries. I feel for AA but you always have to hope it's not one of your top players.

I also believe if necessary there are some decent safeties available as free agents at the moment.

Which btw and totally unrelated I think the jets will make another move or two to swoop on a cap casualty later this summer particularly on the o line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Damn was hoping he would get the chance to play his position this year. Get well AA

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Rontez had a really strong start to last year and then got hurt before the season started. Also sounds like he's doing some nice things in camp. Obviously you never want guys at a thin position on your depth chart going down, but I feel good about Miles.

Edit: got injured before he was going to be called up to the 53 man roster, my mistake.

#51 BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

What is Rontez Miles' status, active/injured? He had a bad injury at the end of the season, is he okay?

13. DaBallhawk

He's ready to roll. Made some big hits so far in camp, that's his forte. Reminds me of a poor mans LaRon Landry the way he plays and how he's built.

Walt White likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

More of a hitter than AA, but we might lose some coverage. A little bit of a different fit possibly. Not sure of his coverage skills

15. DaBallhawk

That's what we're losing with AA, he was good in man coverage and from what I've heard/seen (college highlights) Miles can't really cover at all, he's like a box safety. But it's hard to say because nobody really has seen him play since then, he's been on the practice squad for like 2 years. And I didn't pay too much attention to him in preseason. I'm looking over the stats right now, he started the final preseason game and made 10 tackles, broke up a pass. Gonna have to watch that game later today, seems like he was very active there.

Walt White likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL I don't care about your opinions on my opinion on your opinion. I'll respond to any post I desire, so deal with it! Other posters have verified my stance and shown that you are wrong, but hey, you wanna talk about MY ego? LOL You're the one with the ego problem, bub.

17. JetLifeLo

because somebody said the same thing i posted on a different post? lol... ok.. All the other guy said was he was out of position.. i already acknowledged that..

And i just noticed on multiple occasions on here you responded to my posts shooting down my OPINIONS.. like you're the almighty yoda of the board or something.. get a grip bro. If you cant disagree without saying smart shit then just keep it moving.. that's all I'm saying.

18. JetLifeLo

I understand that.. he was drafted as a versatile CB that can play in multiple areas.. i'm just saying he hasn't played FS in the pro's and that's why the Jets aren't committing to him.. I don't see what moving to FS can really do if you aren't that good of a cover guy but we shall see.. I hope the best for him of course.. if he proves me wrong we'll be a complete defense.. i just see him being a pick on as he was his whole career.. just my opinon.

I've seen from camp today we're moving Darren Walls back to safety also to try that out.. i believe milliner was going to be tested at safety duties also before the injury.. we have options if all fails with Gilchrist.

19. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Allen has been a good soldier for us. Hope that he recovers soon and we save a roster spot for him next year. He deserves that much.

20. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

That's why I prefaced my comment with "If I recall..." Apparently I do not, in fact, recall. lol.