Tom Brady suspended for four games Overturned!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

As long as it's one game.

One measly game suspension.

And then it sticks into eternity.

_

2. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

Sounds like the question will be"Did the NFL have a reasonable expectation that player would retain and furnish his personal phone upon employers request?"

If Yes, he is screwed on the decision to uphold the suspension.

If no, Brady could have brought it to Well's office, smashed it in their faces waiving burning 100 dollar bills and it wouldn't matter.

I don't know what paperwork Tom signed but as a star employee of a business I would go with option 2 every time.

#1482 3rdandlong, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

In which of these cases were the team repeat offenders of fucking with the integrity of the game? i agree this is unprecedented punishment but with Spygate not that far in the past they ARE repeat offenders.

4. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

lets just ignore science and the fact that the balls are deflated. Other then that you are right everything is perfectly normal like destroying cell phones, his behavior is perfectly fine all those text to a fat man loosing wait not called fatty or tubby or skinny bit the deflator all perfectly fing normal.
    Do you think everyone else in the world is retarded? You must to trying to peddle that crap here.
    What I find really funny last yr when goodell was handing punishment and Kraft mac and cheese was hanging out with professional boxers (another wife beater) he was all up in arms in support. Now when the hammer comes down he and the fans of this cheating team come out all but sore.
    http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498/1632578678
    Two face a$$clown should be Kraft's new name

Turn about is fair play it is about time you clowns got a$$f@#$%ed instead of the rest of the league.
    There is no established penalty for lying and destroying evidence in the nfl outside of spygate then this is not a court of law just of public opinion. So if you did the crime then be prepared to pay up.

5. JStokes

I do believe we have another excuse making Pats tool weighing in.

Please shower off your slime before partaking in the conversation.

_

6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

bull crap you go with 2 because you have rose colored cheator glasses on. Every reasonable person sees thru this for what it is a crock. The NFL has the right to protect it's brand and also has the rights to ask for a phone Brady has the right to say no not destroy it because it seems way too funny in not a good way.
    The NFL by way of the CBA has more rights then the average place of employment to protects it brand. IF the player does comply the commish can act in what he deems best to protect the league

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The only realistic line of legal attack available to Brady's lawyers is to challenge the process by which the NFL ruled on the investigation. Challenging the investigation itself seems like an un profitable strategy. If there was a major flaw in it, we would have heard by now. You cant win here by establishing some minor flaw, because the standard is not perfection. It is reasonableness.

Similarly I dont see challenging the interpretaton of the investigation as a profitable strategy, either. Again, the standard is reasonableness. Pats fans feel free to disagree with the NFL's conclusions about the investigation. But can't see a court saying how the evidence was viewed was inherently unreasonable.

All that's really left is that the procedures used here were unacceptable. Either as a violation of what the CBA says about such matters, or as inherently flawed.

I don't think Brady wins there, either. But if he did most would view that as a technicality. On the substance I think in the end most people will remain of the view that he is a lying cheating scumbag.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He will get no injunction. No the nfl doesn't have subpoena power, but they can punish him for not sharing the information. People really need to understand how the law really works. The courts cant make up the laws as they go. They have guidelines they have to follow. That guideline is, unless it involves some sort of sexual harassment or discrimination, they don't get involved.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

9. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

after today, not sure what judge would want to grant an injunction over the CBA rules which in this case were followed.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If Brady takes this to court he will have to answer why he destroyed the phone knowing that the NFL was interested in information contained on it, regardless of whether they had requested it at that point.

I'm working from a point of ignorance on this, but the court has procedures to weigh the value of what could have been on that phone, their own discretion in determining why Brady would destroy it, and whether if they believe it had value negatively impacts the NFL's case. If they believe so, that's going to be a tough hurdle for the Brady camp to overcome.

http://www.insidecounsel.com/2013/07/18/litigation-sanctions-for-spoliation-of-evidence

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

He is a lying, cheating scumbag, and a damn handsome one at that.

12. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

You have to take your fingers out of your ears and open your eyes first. lol C'mon are you even being serious?

Let me ask you the $10,000 question, how much air was taken out of the footballs on average, would you say?

13. SteveGrogan

"Your honor, normally I would have made my cell phone available but due to the private nature of cell phone communications with family, business, other players etc, we needed to assess how private that information might remain.

The NFL had a series of leaks in the lead up to the Super Bowl which specifically put my privacy at risk. Furthermore, those leaks included false information that was not readily refuted by the NFL even though they were clearly the source of the leaks. Beyond, at no point during the investigation did Ted Wells ask for my cell phone. We provided paperwork showing the calls and texts that were made and to which numbers. We also agreed that the best way to protect the privacy of many were to identify which communications would have been of interest and worked to make the device of that person available if necessary. There is liability in providing the private communications of a third party without their consent. For this reason, I took action to protect my own privacy as well as those of my colleagues family and friends from an organization leaking false information to the press. The very nature of the word communications means that it exists on multiple devices."

Reasonableness.

14. JStokes

Hahahahaaaaa still sticking to this nonsense?

That horse is long gone.

_

15. SteveGrogan

Hmmm not really.

And the fact that you cannot answer should make you question things you refuse to.

16. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Thanks for your legal commentary.

17. JStokes

Unreasonable.

Just don't turn the phone over.

Don't destroy it like those tapes were destroyed.

If the NFL had no power to compel him to turn over the phone then there was no fear that anything would ever be released or leaked.

No need to destroy it.

Unless it had incriminating evidence on it--which it did.

His whole bullshit about getting a new phone is just more obfuscation.

_

18. JStokes

Already answered.

FOUR GAME SUSPENSION.

_

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I guess it takes a Pats fan accustomed to slanting things completely in their favor to call the Wells investigation fundamentally flawed.

20. JStokes

Dude, you're one of the more reasonable Pats fans on here--don't debase yourself--let these other tools take the slings and arrows.

Accept your fate--like the good fan you are--and move on.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.