Tom Brady suspended for four games Overturned!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

------the following is a rant, not how I really feel, a rant------

The longer this scandal crap goes on and the more idiotic the tainted egos of everyone involved become, I literally hope the media gang bang that is the NFL swallows itself whole and soccer becomes the number one sport in this country. I pray that every hipster, nerd and non-sports type makes it their duty to go and support their local MLS, NASL, or USL team and leaves the NFL owners in the dust. Not because they really like soccer, just because they hate what the NFL has become. I hope that by the time the next Super Bowl comes around everybody will have shaken the Etch A Sketch of their mind to the very idea of a pigskin. I hope NASA announces that new planet they discovered is really an alternate world where Roger Goodell and Tom Brady don't exist so I can live there in peace from this never-ending BS.

------ end rant ------------

I feel so much better. So when does camp start again?

#1021 pdxdrew, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

3. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Bring out the violins and tissues

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Burning Elvii likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

6. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the time he left his wife on her deathbed because the other 31 owners couldn't handle the labor dispute? He just HAD TO be the guy to get it done. there are many words to describe this type of behavior but i am going to use Kraft's preference, SHMUCK.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

His girlfriend needed daddy.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

NY Jets68 and Burning Elvii like this.
  8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/7/...dy-suspension-settlement-deflategate-patriots

Tom Brady suspension settlement offer met with 'silence' by NFL, per report

[​IMG]

The NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady have discussed a settlement regarding his four-game suspension, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. Per the report, no progress has been made toward a settlement that would satisfy both parties, but it remains possible.

There is a "small handful of influential owners" pushing Goodell to hold firm and maintain the four-game suspension, according to the report. What's working against that force is, of course, the threat of a federal court case. Brady reportedly has a good chance of combating the suspension in court, and while the league wouldn't like that, it would be able to claim that it held its hard stance.

The NFL Players Association has submitted a formal settlement offer for the NFL, but the offer has been met with "silence" from the league, according to Dan Graziano of ESPN. It's likely that settlement offer eliminates the full suspension, with Brady instead accepting a fine, according to the report.

A settlement would certainly be a weird ending to all of this, especially after weeks of reports teasing that an appeal decision was imminent. Roger Goodell likely doesn't want to cheapen the NFL's stance on disciplinary matters like DeflateGate, and Brady has to like his chances if proceedings go to federal court. The league likely wouldn't be satisfied in a reduced suspension and Brady's team doesn't want a suspension of any length.

At the moment, the league and Goodell don't appear to be in a favorable position. If Brady's suspension isn't overturned, a lot of things can happen, and most of them seem to favor Brady. The NFLPA has certainly not backed down from the league.

"I hope they do the right thing, I hope they exonerate Tom and overturn his suspension," NFLPA president Eric Winston said, via Pro Football Talk, "But if they don't we're prepared to take the next step, whatever that next step might be."

9. Burning Elvii

During the evenings he was shagging his current girlfriend all while poor Myra was withering away. There is class douche right there

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Look, we all hate the guy, but pretending like he's not important or influential to the league is pretty asinine.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

At least his girlfriend was given the option whether to fuck him or not. Unlike the forced sex from the king of Pittsburgh with his sexual romps, while his "security" guys were guarding the bathroom door. Much classier.

12. Burning Elvii

Just like Brady and Gisselle's security guys that shot photographers. Let's get down to the real crimes shall we chowd?

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Its called MAYO ENVY. The guy has tried for decades to equal Hellmans..cant be done. So...he cheats.

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lol....nice take.

If I were the NFL? I would let it go to court...even if they have a chance of losing. The NFL fan-base will then come crashing down on Brady. One thing about the fan-base is that we can complain all we want about Goodell...and how its run...but our animal instincts for the sport enjoy how it takes care of everything internally. We like the cheating and favoritism....the total withdrawal from society. Its part of the lure of headhunting and getting fined a few bucks. Beating your ex-wife unconsciousness and having the "league" rule on it. We like that rarely does an outside court get involved in a sport that promotes such violence.

Every so often, a pretty boy comes along and decides the rules are not for him...and threatens the NFL..and us the fans...that the real world will decide whats best for our boys. That NEVER works for the pursuer. Brady should think long and hard if he wants us...the animals...that sit in front of our T.V. cursing our safety for hitting too late and too high...but quickly buy his jersey on the way out, to be subjugated to the real world because you do not like a decision that WE made.

Go for it Brady...and watch the masses turn against you even more...it will happen.

JetsVilma28 and Burning Elvii like this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

what started out as a possible Lewis - Bledsoe 2.0

(to his credit, notice the pot smoker's the 1st off the bench to answer the bell)
    [​IMG]

ended up with brady channeling his inner ronaldo

[​IMG]

JetLifeLo and JetsVilma28 like this.
  16. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

Pats secretly took footballs into a bathroom after they were inspected and got caught. That's the only thing this is about. Never happened before.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

That's all it would have been about, but the Pats players, staff and PR have done a bang up job denying; and demanding apology. So we got the Wells Report and found out the practice has been going on up there for some time.

Not even Bill Bellichick would go to bat for his boy "ask the quarterback"

Not even the Patriots organization would go to bat for their boy "we reluctantly accept the leagues punishment"

Tom "Terrific" presses on digging deeper and deeper

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

Right. Pats fans are like blah blah blah Wells report 12.5 PSI 11 out of 12 footballs. WTF does any of that matter? Ravens alerted the NFL to the fact that the Pats are doing something to the footballs. League officials monitor the shit at the playof game, and sure enough they roll a rack of footballs into a bathroom after they were inspected. Boom. Caught. NFL fines them, takes away picks, suspends Brady. That's the only thing this is about. Brady went down because he's texting the guys that did it after the game. Don't worry...I think you're OK. That means he knew. Seems pretty cut and dried.

JetsVilma28 and Burning Elvii like this.
  20. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

Do you think any of that matters?

Brady has won 4 Super Bowl titles in 14 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.