Tom Brady suspended for four games Overturned!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Yes teams have been caught and fined, players suspended.

Guess which team is dumb enough to get caught multiple times, lie about it, cover it up and cry like a spoiled brat insisting their innocence and interfere with investigations. I can go on

Yup. CheAtriots. Worst God dAmn franchise under the sun

Most of not all of those other incidents were marked with acknowledgment of wrong doing and forthcoming apologies

2. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

From goodells announcement today. He's tweaking the media and Tammy Girl

Tells me Tammy wasn't so forthcoming in contrition in his appeal and much lawyer posturing since

This is good

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hypothetical scenarios painting the Jets as cheaters.

At the risk of sounding like an "annoying TGG poster" (gee, where have I seen that before?), this "carrying the Patriot's water" reads like something you'd read on a "hated rival" forum.

"Seen any good movies lately, Tom?"

"Yeah, 'Avatar'."

[​IMG]

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How are you adapting to life as a woman, Cait?

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

If the recent incident at UCLA involving an impulsive, highly emotional Alosi is any indication, the assumption that "few believed" is a pretty cynical (and presumptuous) assumption imho. Lots of moving parts involved in that particular play for a premeditated, coaching staff-directed stunt to be put into play.

#985 joe, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    NY Jets68 likes this.
  6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't know about the burden of proof in a Federal Court. There's a ton of circumstantial evidence that when put together leads to the conclusion that Brady was involved in Deflategate. His lawyers have tried to pick everything apart because there is no smoking gun so far. The attendants have not come forward and said that Brady told them to do it or that it was understood without him actually saying the words. I guess all of the participants will have to be sworn in and under oath if it goes that far. If I'm the NFL I go for the jugular. Let him testify under oath that he had nothing to do with this. And same goes for all other participants including Bill Belichick. Of course there's something called perjury and you can go to jail for that.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

To me it comes down to one simple fact, why didn't he hand over his cellphone? If he is innocent there is nothing on it to condemn him. Yes, he has the right not to hand it over but if he is INNOCENT and so desperate to prove it to the world why would he withhold anything that could assist in proving his innocence? He is making himself look guilty.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am not painting the Jets as cheaters, I live in reality. I understand what teams try to do so when a team gets caught I am not up in arms. When I was younger I'd probably be doing the same things you guys are doing but I understand what goes on more than I used to.

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

And Tom Brady can not be unclean, he is just too pure. ..Could have won with beach balls.

#989 JetsVilma28, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

How did you learn all of these things. Who was your teacher...maybe you can help the younger posters have that "thing" you seem to have. Was the teacher a parent? Sibling? Therapist? You need to share more with the group how you are able to do....what you do. Thanks.

11. nyjunc

Many different people have helped me understand more through the years. I wish I could share.

12. jaywayne12

Wish you could too. It would really help some of the younger guys you pointed out that could learn from you. Do you think they will get smarter as they get older? You know...the dumb ones on this site you lecture to. Do they have a chance?

74 likes this.
  13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

junc please, the 'gentle' condescension is funny enough as it is to us wet-behind-the-ears hayseeds without the "I'm in the know and you're not" posturing. We all know that teams (like Jeter in a Ford commercial) try to get an 'edge' but since this involves New England, I will troll (along with my Patriot-hating TGG bretheren) at every and any opportunity towards Foxborough. That said, from a relative standpoint, New England's recidivism rate appears to be above the norm, and as far as I'm concerned is fair game esp. when you consider the years of Jet-bashing and mocking during the Rex Ryan run while New England was championed as that shining city up on the hill.

No, they got to enjoy their media-fed "Patriot Way" worship (along with 'da classy' Giants) and now that the shoe's on the other foot (again) in the eyes of the press, let them enjoy the dirt sandwiches the press trolls choose to throw their way. One thing for certain, they're sure as hell not going to get an "everyone does it" pass from me.

Screw them--and that too is reality.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. jaywayne12

See...thats where you cant talk to him Joe..because you are referring to life. Normal life..normal people that have watched a team get blown for so long but when they do that Patriot thing they like to do every few years, we have to listen to a JET FAN try to take the high road for reasons that you...me..and any really highly paid THERAPIST would never understand.

The Patriot Way is one of Super Bowls..and cheating..cheating of which this league has NEVER EVER seen the likes of. So...you wonder...when someone throws in your friggin face "if it were the Jets, how would you react" The real answer to that question is this...HOW THE HECK WOULD I KNOW? The Jets would have to cheat ever few years and I would be long dead before I could answer the question...how would I feel...please..give me a break.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. nyjunc

b/c people do not know doesn't make them dumb. I try to help, instead I get bashed by some folks who don't know. I cannot help that.

16. nyjunc

I like this post(outside of the first sentence). it's not my way but this makes sense.

17. nyjunc

we are all allowed to react and deal w/ stuff like this any way we want. I do take the high road, doesn't mean you have to or anyone else has to.

I know how Jet fans would react, I saw it w/ Alosi, I saw it w/ Braylon and it's not just Jet fans. fans of EVERY team would react how Pats fans have if their team did what NE has done. that's what fans do, I joke about the "average fan" stuff but I am not an average fan, I do not think like the average fan and this is yet another example. doesn't make me a better fan but that's the way I do things.

18. jaywayne12

It hurts my brain. Reading these posts just hurts my brain. I think thats what it is. There is so much good material here that contradicts itself..its like throwing a mouse into a vat of cheese. Its actually a pretty brilliant position to take. You throw out so much misinformation that the responder doesnt know what cheese to eat first?

High road?
    Braylon friggin Edwards?
    Alosi????
    you are now just joking about using the term "average fan"?
    you do not think like the average fan?

Ok boss..best of luck. For my own enjoyment, going to use the ole ignore button for the first time ever. Just try to play nice...the viewer enrollment on this site has dwindled the past few years and I always thought it was posters like you that take the fun out of this site. You will have free rein to defend yourself here...I promise not to respond.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

It's been the same issue since day 1. Halftime locker room footballs were within the expected range. Story over. All these tangents and text messages and whatever else don't matter. It's like having a circumstantial murder weapon... but no murder.

I mean, it's pretty clear they know they can/will win this... it has been all along. The circus show has been for the fans. Makes a nice storyline for week 1.

"Don't believe the hype."

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Other than that being completely false, I agree. Makes for a nice story though.

Murrell2878 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.