According to Revis: "We didn't have a QB"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Nice win for the Metropolitans too tonight...Metsies 7, Nots 2

NYJetsO12 and Freddy Mondo like this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

No but Sanchez going 3 for 9 in the the time it took the Steelers to go up 24-0 (including a fumble that was run back for a TD) probably had a lot to do with that score.

Let's go back to the Indy game. We were up 17-13 at half time! Looking good so far. How'd Sanchez do in the second half to keep the lead? 0 points again? Shocker. 12 for 22 in the second half, zero touchdowns, one interception. Though let's be honest, Sanchez went 4/4 on the game's final drive when the game was already over so he was 8/18 and 1 pick when the game was still winable.

So you are partially wrong about the Steelers game and while not very wrong about the Indy game, he did nothing to keep the lead either. You can't have a 4 point lead over Peyton Manning at half time, then expect to win the game if you don't score any more points.

3. max

max Active Member

Why can't people just accept that Sanzhez's floor was as bad as its gets and his ceiling was and will always be "eh, not so bad"

The guy has played well in the playoffs and you can't take that away from him. I wouldn't be shocked if he won a playoff game or 2 in the next few years with the eagles.

Ok Qb's have gotten hot and played above average or a least mistake free and won a ring. Some people get lucky. You also have to make your own lucky and get to the right place at the right time.

For those who hated sanchez, well he's no longer our problem.

For those who thought he got a raw deal, had some bad luck ( bad OC, lack of talent around him, stupid injury) and received harsher than warranted criticism, he's not on our team any longer and has been given another opportunity. We didn't lose a star.

Geno, Fitz and Petty are now the ones in play.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Revis is just an average fan.

ajax, Walt White, FJF and 3 others like this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll stick with what I've been saying.

You can win with a Mediocre QB in the NFL. Sanchez is not elite but he can probably win a SB in this league.

Remember, we had a rushing attack, a solid o-line and an amazing D and went back to back which counts for something. (Totally dismissing it means you don't like facts that actually happened) He also has had some amazing comebacks and we haven't seen that in a while.. again, these are facts.

You put a guy like that on an equal or better team than we had and anything can happen.

Problem was when the JETS were bad... he was a sitting duck with no Receivers... and it was very ugly.

So yes, Sanchez isn't elite, I think we all know that...problem is he hovers around mediocrity but that in no way means he was a totally useless player.

Now, onto my boy Revis. Did anyone even notice???

NOPE. Cause people drankin dat h8erade!! :p lol

but seriously...He is taking the spotlight off the rest of the team. Gotta love that.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Of course the headline leaves out the part where he says Mark was solid, but he wasn't elite.

I'd prefer Sanchez on this team than Geno or Fitzmagic at this point. He can't manufacture nothing into offense but he can run a pro offense with good players around him.

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Sanchez wasn't good but you can never say it was his fault they lost any playof game. He always played above his skill level in those games..

8. Jonathan_Vilma

I'll also had that some teams are going to find out the hard way that if their franchise guys aren't Brady, Rodgers, or Manning (and probably Luck) then they're going to be hardpressed to give them $20 million a year and build a Superbowl team around them.

The Ravens are the only franchise I think will adjust accordingly but that's just because they draft defense so well and are going to be able to pluck deep threat wide receivers late in drafts to compliment Flacco's immaculate deep ball and probably the Steelers for similar reasons along with the fact that they have a star in their backfield and at splitend already. Outside of that, the 9ers, Panthers, Dolphins, Falcons, and Bengals are going to struggle to have sustained success because they're never going to be able to retain good players they draft with those huge QB contracts and there's no way they can make splashy free agency moves.

The Dolphins in particular better hope they go deep within the next two years before they have to dismantle their team. Next year Tannehill and Suh will account for approximately $40 million against the cap, $35ish in 2017.

Teams are faced with the conundrum of paying mid level guys big money for lack of a better option, but sacrificing the rest of the team. I was very against the Sanchez extension but at this point for his resume up until that point, $50 million was a hell of a bargain for someone who rang in at the time as probably the 15-19 best QB in the league with postseason success. I'd prefer him over Dalton that's for sure.

NoodleArm and Barry the Baptist like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Perhaps he wasn't "that good" but was he good enough? We'll never know. I think he could've done damage with this team and I always thought it was time to cut bait with him and never look back. I would guess he plays much better than Geno in 2013 and more touchdowns than interceptions from our quarterback would have to yield another win or two, no? That's flirting with the playoffs.

Then again it keeps Rex and his shortcomings around longer, and another 4 years of 6,000 twelve men on the field penalties a year.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lmao

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Damn man. "We didn't have a QB." I agree that Sanchez isn't elite. But WE DIDNT HAVE A QB! --- Revis with his Larry Holmes media moment there.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

outfuckingstanding

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

What you are saying is not wrong at all. Like I said, I am not a fan of Sanchez and I almost hate him. That said, what I was trying to say was at some point in the game we had a 10 point lead against Indy and if Defense could hang onto the game, we would be in Superbowl. Also going 3 for 9 is defnitely terrible for Sanchez in Steelers game but he wasn't the only QB to start the game bad. But this doesn't give the D an excuse to be down 24 points.

I hate this blame game. If you are living in a glass house, you shouldn't shit on your neighbors. Revis should have kept his mouth shut. As fans, we can bitch about Sanchez all we want but Revis shouldn't throw his ex teammate under the bus like that. That's all.

PS: I hope junc doesn't see this thread :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I still go back and blame Tanny & Co for hampering Sanchez's development. After those two playoff runs they started to get cute getting Plax and Derrick Mason and getting rid of Sanchezs Braylon and Cotch. The offensive line was never quite as good after that either. I hope Tanny ruins Miami too.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The difference between Sanchez and Geno is; that when they're both bad, they are two of the worst quarterbacks in NFL history, but Sanchez could occasionally elevate his play,
    (in games that actually mattered) and perform like a competent NFL quarterback.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sanchez had something that Geno has not had yet: a competent, even good, supporting cast.

Geno this year will have better receivers, albeit a not nearly as good offensive line. Also praying a higher quality offensive coordinator than Sanchez had.

Let's see what Geno can do now that he's got some tools around him.

Royal Tee likes this.
  17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This is a fucking awesome post.... great analysis.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah, don't forget getting rid of Leon Washington who was not an elite offensive weapon but he absolutely was an elite ST player.

Royal Tee likes this.
  19. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

players should just play and lead by example. Leave what is said in the locker room. JSTFU

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Nothing to be up in arms about, it's pretty clear he was saying Mark wasn't elite which we know. This is fans and the media trying to make something out of nothing. Mark was vital to the success of those teams and our D is who let us down in each title game.