Marshall: "This will be my last team"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Jul 17, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Looks like this will be his last stop, at least that's what he's been saying on twitter lately. Makes me feel better about him "long term", that he won't do boneheaded things to get himself released in the offseason.

2. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like he doesn't give a flying fuck and doesn't need to make any impressions at all.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We are Marshall !......

Jets69 likes this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Can't say I'm all that excited about hosting another fading star in the twilight of his career. Never been a fan of this dirtbag, but I'll root for him if he helps us win.

TNJet, FlaJet and BleedGreen89 like this.
  5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

chris5533 and NYJalltheway like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Marshall answers a lot of questions on Twitter. A fan asked him who was the best QB to throw to him and he said Kyle Orton LOL - Big Blocker would be proud.

I'm excited for Marshall to be here for sure, he's been a good leader this offseason.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'm really excited to have Marshall. He's the big outside threat we've been missing since Keyshawn. Edwards was good for a year and a half but he wasn't in Marshall's league.

As far as him being done after the Jets. I'm assuming with the inside the NFL he see's his future as an analyst sooner rather than later.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He already has a program on TV. i believe he picked Jets because of convenience. Probably he wants to stay in TV business so I won't be surprised if Jets is his last team. I hope he plays good and gets us to playoffs regularly while he is here.

9. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

If that was Geno Smith throwing he probably would've made a terrible throw and it would've been picked off

FlaJet likes this.
  10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Yeah because that pass wasn't terrible in its own right either.....

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Not surprising that he liked Orton. Neckbeard was shockingly effective upon arrival in Denver, I think they started 6-0 and Marshall set the single-game Rec record.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If that was Geno Smith he'd still be backpedaling with the ball in his hands.

jco2007, TNJet, FlaJet and 1 other person like this.
  13. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

That's a pretty horrible attempt to take a knock at Geno considering it was a not so great throw from a bad quarterback requiring Marshall to make a great play. A better knock would be something along the lines of being thankful Marshall can catch passes thrown by bad QB's.

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Marshall is far from a fading star and 10x the receiver Holmes was.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Marshall is 31 coming off his worst statistical season as a pro since being a rookie in an offense with a real qb and an offensive minded head coach. when yhe jets got holmes he was 26 coming off his best year as a pro.

16. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

I don't believe it to be the best sign when those thoughts are creeping in because when adversity hits their mind isn't where it should be..He def likes the tv screen, I'm a dolphin fan and I'm on the record during his stint that I wanted him gone, and that was because I thought schematically he was bullying the offense.

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That's a SLIGHT misrepresentation of his last year considering he was hurt for most of the season and missed three games outright.

And getting Holmes wasn't the problem, it was re-signing him to a big deal. I wouldn't want to re-sign Marshall to a big deal either.

Would you rather watch Greg Salas and Stephen Hill again? They gave up a fifth-round pick for a guy on a short-term deal, I don't see the issue here.

RochesterJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned Stephen Hill. Put a nickel in the jar.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

As athletes age they tend to get injured more, especially in football. Marshall is an upgrade over what we had last year and I haven't said otherwise. The Jets seem to sign a lot of vets in the twilight of their careers and Marshall is just another one of those guys. He's much more likely to be on the down side of his career with degrading skills at this point than he is to bounce back to the guy he once was. He's also a dirtbag that I'd like to punch in the face. But he's a Jet now so hopefully he helps us win some games.

20. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

And that is what a receiver of Marshall's abilities and stature allows for: terrible throws from the QB turning into positive or neutral plays.

It's been a while since we've had that luxury so many of us have forgotten.