Tom Brady suspended for four games Overturned!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Let's rewrite history again to bolster a faulty agenda.

It's widely accepted by REAL hockey fans. by the guy who actually did the deed.

But go google some box scores.

Did Bill Buckner lose that WS?

Technically no.

But yeah, he did.

_

2. JStokes

True hockey fans remember.

Hockey haters typing on a computer googling box scores and article but that have zero recollection of the event don't even register.

It's just noise like all the rest.

_

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No Buckner didn't lose it, the Sox had a 3 run lead in game 7.

I know the excuse about the curved stick, I actually watched that game and paid attention to the sport at the time. I get all the excuses but I don't buy them when a team loses the next 2 games in OT. what did the curved stick penalty have to do w/ those 2 OT losses?

4. nyjunc

I am not a hockey hater or a true hockey fan but I know pathetic excuses when I see them.

I don't know why every time someone disagrees w/ you that you need to go after people?

5. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Buckner misplayed a ground ball in a tied game 6. The loss forced a game 7, which his team lost. That's a big reach to say Boston would have won either Game 6 or 7 had Buckner fielded the ball and forced an 11th inning for game 6.

nyjunc likes this.
  6. JStokes

Hahaha you didn't watch that game. You've been on here countless times dumping on hockey live and on TV. Yet you watched a game back in 1993. Sure.

You google stuff just like all your other agenda based bs.

And I'm not going after anyone, I'm exposing lies and bringing reality to the board.

Right?

_

7. JStokes

Technically you are correct. I said that in my other post.

But in sports, as you well know, there are turning points. Critical moments that fall one way or another. It falls one way and an outcome is determined. It falls another way and another outcome is determined.

The last out in every game, the last play, is always the technical point at which a game is decided.

But a crucial play earlier in a game or series oftentimes decided the ultimate outcome.

It's a different way of looking at things-you go strictly technical.

I've been watching sports too long to not believe a play or series of plays turns the tide for good.

_

8. nyjunc

I don't care if you believe me or not. I actually did watch that game, I used to watch hockey back then. I liked the Isles and they made a nice run, hated the Rangers and watched every '94 Ranger playoff game rooting against them. I believe they were still on ESPN at the time w/ Mike Emerick and Bill Clement but it may have been in the Sportschannel days.

when I say I remember first hand that is the truth. I don't lie, I don't need top make myself look better, I don't need to try to impress people I don't know.

You aren't exposing anything, you have been exposed.

9. nyjunc

I don't disagree w/ this premise but I find it hard to believe that they lost Games 3 & 4 in OT based on something that happened in game 2. it turned the tide in Game 2 but we have no idea how that plays out otherwise, they weren't down 4-1 then came storming back. it was a close game.

10. PickSix

I understand your viewpoint. But I disagree with putting the blame on Buckner (he had always been substituted for defensive reasons late in the game that post-season). Just like I do not blame Russell Wilson, but Pete Carroll for calling a pass play from the 1. And Buckner's team still had a chance in the next game.

I remember Boston fans parading through the stands in 2004 with "We forgive Bill Buckner" banners and shaking my head.

11. JStokes

You may find it hard to believe.

It's hockey lore. McSorley still hates to talk about it and LA fans, rightly or wrongly still blame him.

Believe it or not. Don't really care.

_

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

You're moving the goalposts a litte. I specifically responded to your post that this whole thing is jealousy, which to me sounds like a Pats fan take. In your responses you now seem to say tht Brady in fact did know about it, did lie about it, etc etc. Therefore that would seem to me to mean that in fact it's not just jealousy, that he did do something wrong. Seems like you are taking both sides of the argument, as if you just want to stir the pot and rile people up.

13. nyjunc

that was BS, he was always unfairly blames just as Bartman is in Chicago.

Buckner's team not only had a chance in the next game I believe they were up by 3 runs w/ a Pitcher that had dominated the Mets in the series on the mound. I still remember the headline of the News or Post(No I didn't google it) of "Ouch, that Hurst" after Hurst dominated the Mets in Game 1.

14. nyjunc

Not moving anything, it's obvious Brady lied, it's obvious he had footballs slightly deflated. I just don't believe the slight deflation is a major offense warranting all the negative attention it has received. he deserves to be suspended for lying not for the act itself.

15. JStokes

Yeah but they didn't forgive him until AFTER they won the WS.

He was brutalized for years for that error.

Was a great 30 for 30 or ESPN special on the other night about the guy in Chicago that touched the foul ball to change that series. Was that the technical deciding point?

Of course not, there was another game.

But you can't convince a Cub fan that that one incident didn't change the outcome of that series.

And they did a bit in it in Buckner and it was really quite touching, his interview when he finally agreed to come back in 2004. Great show.

I'm not a technical guy, I believe in some of the romanticism we have in sports because I believe it is unique.

A play CAN change the course of history. I firmly believe that.

_

16. PickSix

Anagram for Bruce Hurst: B. Ruth Curse

nyjunc likes this.
  17. PickSix

We agree in principle, but the I believe the blame in both Buckner/Russell lies with their Manager/Coach. I see no reason for either fan base to have to "forgive" either of those players. Neither team would have been in position to win those Championships without their contributions all season.

nyjunc likes this.
  18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Fair enough. I say cut his right arm off, but I'm admittedly little extreme on this one because it's them

He'd probably win the next Super Bowl throwing lefty anyway.

nyjunc likes this.
  19. JStokes

Of course. But I guess my point is, I think games and series take on lives of there own and I believe in momentum (in spurts). Things like a crucial penalty or a crucial error at an inopportune time can change the direction of a game or a series. No one is to blame, no one need to be forgiven but that doesn't dismiss the concept that that penalty or error did the fatal damage.

Of course the damage can be undone the very next moment but if not, in looking back, that was the moment that changed the series.

Buckner should never been put through what he was, nor Bartman nor McSorley but sports are in our blood and make fans irrational.

But those watershed moments can change outcomes.

_

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This part bothers me the most. The Pats and their fans are arrogant enough to bitch and moan about a supposedly small offense and openly defy the league that has given them so much. I loved reading Patsfans.com and how everyone the NFL, ESPN, Goddell, etc, were against them. I am thinking what are they talking about? These guys get all the breaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.