Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think the team has an unbalanced roster and it's Sandy's fault. And with the $100 million they should have more offense. He's been here five years and none of his draft picks (and he's had higher selections) has as yet panned out. It's not about ranking high in Baseball Americas organizational grading it's about winning games on the MLB level. If he doesn't do anything personnel wise and allows the season to crash I'd fire him. But they won't because he's just what they want.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The future is all about organizational strength here. Winning MLB games in the future is all about organizational strength going forward when you have a low ball owner and low ball payroll. A thought out, balanced, payroll will be imperative.
    That's the only chance you have under the circumstances, and the job's not done. Oh well

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I thinks it's about time to win games right now.

4. Walt White

That would be good.
    We're 43-41 and in the WC race, tho the Cubs are winning right now, and right now are the better team. But, there's still half a season to go and anything can happen.
    As far as I'm concerned we're in the hunt in the present. The future is bright. The 'roid era is over, and we're stacked with arms. My vision tells me we're only a couple players away. And I don't hate on Sandy.

I will prolly always hate on the Wimpypons tho, come what may

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I hate the Wilpons first and Sandy a close second. I just saw a comment he made about the Mets getting extra money because Wright's contract was insured. And when asked if the Mets would be getting back over five million from the insurance company he just smiled and said that possibly that was true. Of course the reporter was alluding to the fact that it would give the Mets extra money to make a trade. But you know and I know that they plan on pocketing it.

6. Walt White

Meija inda house, let's go!!

7. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Once again the signal for SNY is gone from my tv. This happens way too many times. It's getting ridiculous.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You didn't miss much.

_

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Shut out for the 10th time this season!! woooohoooo:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

In this two game series the Mets were shut out both games except for one inning. Since the 11 game winning streak they are playing well under .500. Without that cushion they'd already be out of it. Maybe Sandy wants to be out of it so he can be a seller. So this is my take on the Mets as of today. They are just one losing streak away from being out of contention. The trade deadline is July 31. Rumors are he wants Zobrist who has been hitting but so do other teams like the Yankees. And the A's are going to wait and see before trading him. Do you wait and play cut throat poker with the rest of the league. Or improve the team now. The only bat he's brought in is laughably Kirk Neiuwenhuis. If he waits long enough maybe the Nats will cut den Decker.

11. Walt White

I don't know about the rest of the league, but he's calling your bluff. ^
    Not likely any kind of extended losing streak any more. Tho you're convinced.

Great gem by d'Grom...wow!

4-2 in Cali...hangin' tough

Thor's turn Friday night.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'm just giving my opinion. And I'm not wowed by a couple of Ws and winning two series in a row. They had 8 hits today, 4 runs and a home run, their first in ten games. I'm saying they had a cushion earlier in the season and they lost it. If there is another losing streak they could be a number of games below .500. I can't see the Mets winning with this lack of offense. It's been going on so long now it doesn't seem to be temporary. I really hope I'm wrong. I'm ecstatic they won today.

13. Walt White

I know, you keep saying it. Over and over...Oh well. And if they go on a little run they're in 1st, yay.
    At least your ecstatic today. Even tho you're not interested in the other games or the idea that the road trip was successful.
    Or that that game by d'Grom was one of the best pitched games we've seen yet, but you're not wowed. You want to worry about in what fashion they scored their runs and how much you hate Sandy. I got it.

14. no psls

no psls Banned

SPEND SOME FUCKIN MONEY WILPON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYGalPal likes this.
  15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Mets are 31-39 after a 13-3 start. Even with the great pitching. Spend some fucking money!

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It may be sacrilege but it's looking like deGrom is the ace of this staff.

It just looks effortless for him.

Geez what a talent.

_

17. Walt White

Right now you're right. One guy is more impressive than the other. Matz' presence on the mound is there with Harvey's...he's got an aggressive demeanor. I'm waiting for Harvey to throw a gem now...match the other guys last couple of starts

18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Sandy isn't capable of trading for ML talent. He's all about selling ML talent for prospects. His record for bringing in free agents isn't great either. Here are the outfielders he's brought in since becoming the GM.

Andres Torres (awful trade of Pagan for him), Jeff Francoeur, Willie Harris, Chris Young (the $8mm savior that no other team wanted yet he jumps the gun and signs this clown in November instead of playing the waiting game and possibly getting Nelson Cruz), Bobby Abreu, Michael Cuddyer, Curtis Granderson (everyone except Sandy knew this was a bad contract from day 1), Rick Ankiel, Collin Cowgill, Andrew Brown. That's not including the call ups from the minors denDecker, Capt Kirk, Mike Baxter, Jordany Valdespin experiment, Lucas Duda experiment, Daniel Murphy experiment.

This list is all you need to know about Sandy's abilities as a GM. He's terrible.

The trade bait this year, Colon, Niese, BP arms (either Torres...please!, Gilmartin, Robles etc) is enough to get a ML starter back, not a great player but someone young like a Javier Baez who has potential and is starting to hit in AAA.

If nothing gets done at this deadline then I think we all need to realize he's not going to do much and will just wait until the position player kids (conforto etc.) are ready in the next few years until the bad contracts come off the books.

19. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Matz gone for probably the next 2 months..hopefully thats all. Im expecting a TJ announcement.

It never ends.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

crazy, so soon.