Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I agree with the Newsday article. It's time to make a deal for offense when your team basically needs a shut out to win a game. Since the 11 game winning streak this team is way under.500.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I didn't read the Newsday article. What trade does that guy have in mind? What's his idea?

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Not specific. How would he know what players are available. That's between the GMs. He just says it's time to make a move. Btw there are guys around like Reid Johnson (just an example) who are veteran players who can hit on a big league level. Not these guys Sandy keeps bringing up who can't hit even .200. It's a travesty they're even on the team.

#1903 pclfan, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  4. Walt White

That's why just because David Lennon says it's time to make a trade it doesn't mean anything. Johnson is out, btw.

Sandy joked about over spending and we know that's not gonna happen prolly.

But if we've learned anything, we've seen he does not trade unless he's got the leverage...he does not trade low. He sticks to his plan. he's not gonna trade a commodity for a sideways move just to do it. He'll play young guys.
    He hasn't let anyone leverage him on trades, and does not give into the media in any way.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

These guys can't put together hits to get runs. They get a HR and then a double not a double and then a HR.

6. Walt White

They're just not clicking. In every facet. Like Grandy not holding on to that ball to get that out. All these little things working against them. Frustrating to watch.

They can play better. Considering that, with Murph, d'ARNAUD, and Wright, another reason I doubt Sandy does anything...Unless something falls into his lap.

He said originally that Murph would be back last weekend, maybe sooner. I forget. He talked about that in the Presser too. That's where I think Sandy is not totally honest sometimes.
    It's like yo, where the fuck is he, wtf?!
    Granted, Murph may have had a setback, but I think they say things to keep the fans on board.
    I think he does that for the Coupons and their business interests, and practices.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Again I think our roster has too many holes in it and it's impossible to win games long term with this kind of an offense. I think the team can be improved. And it won't cost that much money or talent. I hear Kirk N is hitting Hrs in LV so I expect him to be brought back imminently. He can't hit MLB pitching. The Angels know that and cut him inside of a month. Give credit to Mets pitchers for winning games with no offensive support. Like Grandy I do expect Duda and Cuddyer to snap out of it. But when? And Grady's seasons have been hot and cold. And all of his HRs are solos.

8. no psls

no psls Banned

MEET THE MATZ ! MEET THE MATZ ! STEP RIGHT UP AND MEET THE MATZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Walt White

Cause the Mets are really sockin' the ball!
    Knockin' those home.......er...nevermind

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

There's a rumor on ESPN. com that the Cubs are interested in Niese. Of course, his contract kicks in for a lot more money next season like about 9 mil.

#1910 pclfan, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  11. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Dodgers interested as well. That Turner guy has some pop and isn't too old...wondering if they would part with him....:rolleyes:

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think the reason they let him go two years ago was: they don't like him. Don't they want to get rid of Andre Ethier. I'd rather get Castro. I don't think Sandy makes any deal without getting rid of more payroll than he takes on.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Please win this game. 3rd base and no outs.

14. Walt White

Duquette mentioned in the pregame a trade for prospects and then using the money saved from Niese's salary towards somebody. He also mentioned Colon. Prolly just a matter of time.

The Cubs are competition so they better fork up some goods

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Hit him. Please hit him.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Thanks Reds, take it! Without your help no win.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

We're supposed to be in competition, too. 2 games over .500. Theoretically with a low payroll we're supposed to be able to take on more payroll. But he won't do it.

18. Walt White

We're competing with the Cubs. It's gotta be a good trade for us too. That pitcher could put them over the top and they could run away with the wild card

I think Duquette was implying that by trading Niese and/or Colon the clearing of their salaries will open up some oportunities. Plus we'll get more prospects. When? Who knows?

It just looks like they're set at a payroll number and that's it. He's not gonna upset that for some sideways move in a panic.

If he plays it right he get a huge score like he did with the Dickey trade, and the Beltran trade.

If they free up those two pitchers it could put them in position to get the right piece, at some point. It just may not happen right now.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

We should be able to take on salary. The payroll is low. He just won't do it. Even if that means losing.

20. Walt White

I agree. If they get close in the next year and they don't, it would be a travesty. And an indictment on the Coupons.
    I'm hoping he's waiting for the right piece at the right time. Next year that pitching staff is gonna be ready to go as a big time staff.
    It just may be one or two players that could put them over the top. If he doesn't spend then the Coupons should gtfo of the business