NFL Gamepass

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jay Bizniss, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Just want to introduce those who may not know about this to the greatest fucking thing ever. Since I live in Tampa, Jets game are not televised here unless it is a national broadcast (night games, some 4:30 games, Jets vs Dolphins).... I used to go to a sports bar 8-10 times a season to watch the Jets... $40-$50 a game 8-10 times a season adds up quickly... I didn't want to get DirecTV because it rains every second here and the satellites are always going out and what not. I game across NFL Gamepass, which essentially streams every NFL game live, to users outside of the US and Mexico. The NFL is trying to grow its fanbase overseas so they are letting these countries watch these games for a very cheap price. Some of you may say just use firstrowsports.eu or any other one of those streaming sites, but the quality is shitty.. NFL Gamepass streams in 1080P (dependent on your connection)....

But what the fuck Jay Bizniss, I am in the United States how do this help me??

For anyone that is computer savy, you probably are already thinking in your brain how to get around this United States barrier. The answer is to use a VPN.. They are pretty cheap ($10-$15 a month). You use the VPN to log into a server in another country, which tricks NFL Gamepass into thinking you are actually in that country. Here is what you do.

1. Sign up for a VPN service... There are free ones out there but they usually suck.. I would buy one. I use this one.

www.hidemyass.com

2. After your purchase your subscription, log into the VPN and connect to a server somewhere in Europe. I used Amsterdam the past two seasons.

3. Once connected to the server overseas, you go to gamepass.nfl.com, and purchase your pass for the season... You can purchase the full season pass which is all preseason, regular season and playoff games for like $250. Or you can do what I do, and purchase the one team pass (obviously the Jets), for only $99 for the season. This includes all preseason games as well...

4. On gameday, you will log into the VPN server in the country of your choice, and then go to gamepass.nfl.com and sign into your account. You will see the your game and click watch now... Once the video starts, log out of the VPN as it slows down the stream feed...

5. Watch your Jets in 1080p for much cheaper than it would be to go to a sports bar every week.

6. I connect my Macbook Pro to my TV using my Apple TV.. It essentially mirrors the desktop so I can watch from my TV.. You can also connect to your TV directly, using an HDMI cable.

7. Thank Jay Bizniss.

This is a rough outline of how to do this.. As the preseason gets closer, I will help anyone who has any questions get this set up... Hope this helps some people that are not in New York and wants to watch their Jets on a weekly basis without paying an arm and a leg every weekend.

#1 Jay Bizniss, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Awesome. Thanks JB

Can two friends use same username and watch the same game?

3. Jay Bizniss

I haven't tried it to be honest, but we can give it a shot once the preseason rolls around.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks

I will spend 4-5 weeks in Turkey between October and December and if this works, I can send you some money for those 4-5 weeks so we can share. Let's connect thru this thread. :)

5. Jay Bizniss

Don't worry about the money buddy. If you are able to log in at the same time as me and watch the Jets, you can use it. :)

Brook! likes this.
  6. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

You can't watch it separately. Can't even use a cell phone and computer on the same account if I recall. I've used it in previous years but last year they went from free to super expensive and since I was travelling USA for most of the season I decided to forgo purchasing it.

7. Jay Bizniss

Did you usually pay for the whole season and every team? I think that option is like $250, while the one team option is only $100.. Since I could care less about any other team in the NFL, I just pay for the one team option.

8. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

Yep, I have noticed the first game or two of the year the game pass service is spotty. I think it is a free trial period so it gets overloaded. After that, by far the best feed.

I've used PIA and slickvpn before both are much less expensive. Usually during the summer holiday weekends they have plans for 20 bucks a year.

You cannot share the account, I've tried a combination of methods and they prevent two streams from one account.

Brook! and Jay Bizniss like this.
  9. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Yeah every team. As a relatively new fan to football since it's not big at all here, it was useful to get a better understanding of the game :). Plus it is interesting to see how other teams play relative to the Jets. Sometimes painful too

10. Jay Bizniss

Good info thank you!

11. Jay Bizniss

Ahhh ok.. Well welcome to the best sport in the world man. And other teams tend to actually score and move the ball up and down the field... You know, the basics.. We still haven't gotten that stuff down yet, but we are working on it.

TNJet, Brook! and Cidusii like this.
  12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

JB
    When you use your US-bases credit cart, wouldn't it tip off NFL that you're actually in US?

13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Games that are shown by our broadcaster here in the UK are blacked out for 24 hours on Gamepass over here so you are probably best not trying to register as a UK user. Not been much of a problem in recent years as our games aren't shown very often.

14. Jay Bizniss

No it doesn't tip it off at all.. I am sure there are people that are living in Europe for a year or two that have a US based credit card.. They can't stop all of those users from accessing it... The main thing is to be VPN'd into a server outside of the US when you try to access it, or else it will only let you watch replays of games and not watch them live.

RuJFan likes this.
  15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This is exactly the opposite of how my friends watch Netflix here in Taiwan, to be fair Hola which is an add on for Google Chrome allows you to log in from any country.

16. Jay Bizniss

I have the Hola extension and NFL Gamepass patched their feed so it won't work using that. Tried it.. More than welcome to try again though as it is free. worth a shot.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well at $10-$15 a month plus the $100 or $250 you are at a minimum of $160 for 6 months if you get the service for $10 a month plus $100 for one team, up to about $340 if you want all teams and if it cost you $15/month for 6 months.

Sunday ticket is $250 for all teams, I had it last year and might have missed 5 minutes of one game due to weather. It has improved dramatically over the last few years, you don't lose reception much at all.

There are many weeks I want to watch more than just the Jets game, I always want to have the option of watching the Bills. Phins and P*ts. So if you want to watch all the teams then Sunday Ticket is much cheaper option and much less the worry about. No signing up for a VPN, connecting to an overseas server, fooling NFL Gamepass and hooking the computer up to the TV

$160 = One team + hoops to jump through
    $250 = All teams and no hoops
    $340 = All teams + hoops to jump through

Edit: thinking back I did have problems last year but it was on games I recorded, one had a banner across the bottom telling me to order Sunday ticket, the other did not record though I am not sure if that was a issue of me forgetting to set it right.

#17 The Waterboy, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. Jay Bizniss

Yea but you have the hassle of having to get a satellite glued to the top of your roof, and if you live in an apartment complex no can do, and you have to change your existing cable provider and fuck all that. I mean there is pros and cons to both for sure..

This option is for those that can't or don't want DirecTV and still want to watch their team in HD.

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No doubt there are other considerations but you can always stream Sunday Ticket

NYJalltheway and Jay Bizniss like this.
  20. Jay Bizniss

We should get together and watch a game together this year... I am in the Wesley Chapel area which is Pasco County.. A little south of you.