NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I hear ya....but listen...enough about Nash guys. We all know hes a useless cunt. It aint changing. Rick Nash is not coming out this period and scoring 3 goals...aint happenin...hes balless. What we need here is to get back to playing defense. Im not saying tonight..this game is over. don't let the score fool you.

We need a fuckin game plan Friday night to save our season. That game plan should mostly include being spot on in our own zone, making our own zone priority number 1 like it used to be, hope Hank gets his act together and stands on his head and pick our spots to try to score a couple goals and win another 2-1 bullshit game.

And we can talk about 5-11 for Tampa on the PP later

3r period starting. lets pray for something here

If AV thinks the answer to Nash and msl not scoring is to just throw caution to the wind, pinch both D men seemingly every fuckin rush up the ice and play like its November 5th, this is gonna be a quick series

2. jonnyd

oh baby!!!!! forget everything I said :)

3. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I was just about to come in here to criticize McDonagh and he goes and scores. lol

4. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Step scoring the go ahead.

5. jonnyd

just to make a point...that's another terrible icing by Miller at 10 minute mark

6. jonnyd

Hank needs to make a save once in a while

7. NYGalPal

Tampa triplet line is scary. The defense has been extraordinary bad but if you would have told me before the series started that they would score 11 goals on Lundqvist thus far I would have said "what are you smoking"?

8. NYGalPal

Holy shit!!!! Tied!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jonnyd

MY MAN BOYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

TommyJ likes this.
  10. DoubleDecker87

I see you Boyle!! Now do your best not give them the game winning goal.

11. DoubleDecker87

Game 4 is pretty much game 7. Can't keep coming back down 3 games to 1.

12. jonnyd

Hank is lost....

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What a terrible loss...Not to mention how bad Bishop is right now, we have Henrik who probably has millions of things running through his head after this one.

We score 5 goals and we lose by allowing 6 games.

We got burned.

NYGalPal likes this.
  14. jonnyd

that 2nd period was beyond atrocious. you cannot have a period like that and expect to win.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lundqvist says he doesnt know why he didnt pick it up. He was basically late to it, and basically their guys are now on his head because of how sharp they were.

This blows, he is thinking about the Triplets and all the ways they move the puck...Lundqvist not himself

:(

Please dig deep and bring yourself back man, this is it.

And no Talbot shouldn't be sent in for Lundqvist

16. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

That was easily one of the best games of any sport I've watched in a very long time.

I know Rangers fans aren't happy with the outcome but it's why the NHL playoffs are so awesome.

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

My opinion....Cambot starts the next game, not because he is better than Hank, but because our team defense is a disaster right now, and we always play more disciplined with Cambot in goal because he's not as good as hank. Hank needs 1 game off to recharge and reset, he's fighting it now. By the way I can't watch 1 more game of MSL and Nash doing basically nothing, put Nash on the 3rd line and sit MSL, put Bourque or Lindberg in....please come back Zucc...Boyle has been horrible, but our Captain keeps fanning on his clearing passes and keeps getting caught up the ice, he's been below average

18. jonnyd

I don't think you can start Talbot with the season on the line after not having played in so long. Have to go with Hank and hope he becomes Hank again.

Every one of our Dmen got caught up ice multiple times in the last two games. For whatever reason that's how AV is playing this series which, like I said last night is total suicide. We did go back to playing defense first in the 3rd last night-not sure if it was a product of it being tied in the 3rd or if AV has seen the light. We shall see tomorrow. If we play it the same way as we did the last 2 games, we have absolutely no chance.

19. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yeah, as bad as Hank was you can't put a guy in goal after not playing for almost 2 months in a must win game. I knew Hank was lost after the first goal last night where all he had to do was drop on the puck and freeze it instead of essentially passing it to Stamkos for an easy put back. Another sad state of affairs, we finally breakout and score more than 2 and proceed to give up 6 goals back to back, I'll take the grinding 2-1 games as long as they're wins. Safe to say TB is dictating the tempo and the Rangers are playing right into their hands. Bottom line as many have said is Nash and St Louis combined with all of a sudden crap defensive play and shaky goaltending, killing us = done if we lose Game 4. Playoffs are killing me, I haven't slept well in weeks.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

It's a risky move , if we lose tommorrow we're done, but it doesn't matter who's playing right now, we are giving up golden opps in our zone...if Cambot failed they would ride AV out of town on a rail...