I'm getting worried about Mo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GWjet, May 19, 2015.

1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

This post makes not a lick of sense. What is your point? That Brees is a FA and the Jets try for him? What is your point?

2. Charlie Kelly

Yea, and what does that scenario have to do with... Anything? Hey if you want to pose free agent scenarios about Wilk then that's a cool idea, but suggesting that he is a Free Agent that has no ties to the team, that's kind of fucking stupid since it doesn't apply to any sort of scenario that matters to this team.

Why would you even suggest that people consider that? It's stupid.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Because Mo was 'here first' peoples judgment (including yours) is clouded. It's no different signing Mo to a new huge contract and 'adding him' to Richardson and Williams than if he were a FA. I'm sorry but it's hard explaining shit to dumb ass fans.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I honestly don't like the idea of trading Mo I think it would be a big mistake as was trading Revis.I was never on board for trading Revis and I'm not on board for trading Mo either.Good teams don't trade there homegrown stars unless there in cap hell and they have no choice

5. Charlie Kelly

There isn't a single shred of intelligent dialogue that makes trading Mo a realistic possibility in this all but negligible post. Yeah, he was "here first". So what? Do you have some scenario to offer aside from that? Do you have anything to offer? What is your actual position? Other than not knowing a damn thing about football?

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Mo isn't looking for JJ Watt type money, it is reported he is looking for $40M guaranteed, this is negotiation of course you start out high, they should get him down to around $30m guaranteed on a 5-6 yr/ $63-$75m extension, that will have him around $12.5M a year. He's not holding out now and I don't remember him ever talking about holding out.

Ozymandias and Charlie Kelly like this.
  7. Charlie Kelly

Yea there has never even been a sniff of a report of him holding out, reporters have tried to milk him non participation in a meaningless veteran minicamp, that is all at has been

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Welcome to tgg! I don't think they're alike at all. I just think Mo wants a fair deal. Revis wanted too much, and we gave him too much, though I'm happy to have the cb position locked up. I would pay Mo 10 a year, but the difference is, unlike Revis, we have a replacement ready just in case.

9. silentkillah123

silentkillah123 New Member

thank you for the warm welcome, btw like your Dr.Doom pic! honestly i hope you're right and i'm wrong. he sees jj watt getting that $$$$ and wants in, but he's not on that level and may never be. if he's open to negotiate a fair deal then loved to keep him but if he insists to a deal comparable to jj's then he can keep on walking imo with big cat on the scene that money can be used later on a more "impact" type of player and hopefully at a position of need.

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I unfortunately agree. I just don't want to lose Mo, but I've seen my favorite jets leave time, and time again. Thanks for the avatar comment. I was actually searching for mf doom though lol. He has some cool green pictures that imo fit a tgg avatar.

11. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

In what universe is Mo Wilkerson a diva. The guy works is but off all offseason. Dominates in season. He has always been a class act. So what, he wants to get payed. Look at alot of NFL Players after their careers have ended, they're broken physically and sometimes mentally. When your a young stud the love you get a little long in the tooth they couldn't careless about you. You strike while the iron is hot. Mo will get his from the this team or another it shouldn't matter which to him.

He knows the game, you play by the rules given. He's seen games taken away by the refs whistle. If that's how the game is played all you can do is play and get paid!

12. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Never will be???Tall words....Watt is a Great player. But has it gotten their team? Low round pics for how many years in a row?? I may have to start calling Watt, Gerry Coony.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why do people keep saying he wants JJ Watt money? Has anyone been able to provide a source for that, ever?

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He has been reported to want as much or more than Quinn from the Rams.

I think Quinn got roughly $14 mil per year.

JJ Watt does not make much more than that ($15.5 maybe).

If Mo was willing to take $10-11 mil he would be signed already.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

But who is reporting that? I haven't seen that anywhere. I'm not saying it's not true I would just like to actually see it from someone that isn't speculating.

16. James Hasty

I thought I saw a quote from him after Quinn got extended that he thought he was better / worth more than Quinn.

I didn't have time to look for it before work so I could be mistaken.

17. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

The 3 top 3-4 DE salaries:
    JJ Watt: $100M deal with $20.8M guaranteed and an average salary of $16.7M
    Calais Campbell: $55M deal with $17M guaranteed and an average salary of $11M
    Jurrell Casey: $36M deal with $13M guaranteed and an average salary of $9M

If Mo is looking for $40M guaranteed he is way off base. $30M is also way too high based on the market. Based on the #'s above (from overthecap.com) I would think Mo's extension should be in the neighborhood of $10M per year with $20M guaranteed. I personally think Campbell is better than Mo but Mo is younger and the market continues to go up. That's why I'd give him a lower average but higher guarantee. The contract should probably be structured in a way the Jets could cut him loose after year 3 when a new contract for Richardson comes up. Not saying that will happen but the flexibility to do so should be there if needed.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't root for players anymore, I root for the laundry. That being said, I remember when we lost John Abe. We survived that. I remember we lost Ellis and we survived that too. Wilkerson is a great player, but should we lose him after 2016, we'll be ok. I'm just gonna watch and see how Mac plays this.

A lot is gonna depend on where he wants to concentrate the money: On the D or perhaps a completely revamped OLine via FA. We won't talk QB because that's just not gonna happen anytime in the near future.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Teams like the Texans with one good player can afford to pay a lot more than a team like the Jets with 3 or 4 stars just on defense alone.

20. James Hasty

Somehow you have to work 4-3 players into that comparison.

Your sample size is too small and a 3-4 player is not going to take less money that a 4-3 player because his coach chooses to run a 3-4 defense.