Most Memorable Jets Play In History.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, May 14, 2015.

1. RUJet11

RUJet11 New Member

My favorite play I remember witnessing in person took place on December 14, 2008 against the Bills.

Back and forth kind of game, but the Jets at one point led 14-3, but Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson combined for over 150 yards rushing and Buffalo took the lead 27-24 with about 5 minutes to go. The Jets went three and out and punted. Lynch was able to pick up a first down for the Bills as they tried to run out the clock. On second and 5, the Jets called timeout. On the ensuing play, JP Losman, passing for some reason, rolled out and was caught from behind by a blitzing Abram Elam, forcing Losman to fumble. Shaun Ellis picked up the fumble and rumbled in for the TD. That was the loudest crowd I remember.

The Jets lost in Weeks 16 and 17 to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

So many.

John Hall's kick to beat the Raiders in Oakland/send the Jets to the playoffs in the 2001 season finale.:)

3. endydee

endydee Active Member

It's not a catch that mattered much as it was in a dismal year the year this play occurred, but the Jets had a receiver named Eddie Bell, and for some strange reason I remember a catch he made that ricocheted off the defender, bounced up in the air, and Bell grabbed it and ran it in for a TD, I believe won the game. Don't know why that catch has stuck in my mind all these years, but it has.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. mikey

mikey Active Member

Testaverde to Elliot

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  6. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

My parents were watching a jets game (97 season, I'm 17) and Jumbo Elliott came on the screen. They liked the name and now my name is Elliot.

NYJalltheway, Royal Tee and mikey like this.
  7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

8. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I'm an OL'-SKOOL Jet-Junkie and many of you have posted some of THEE MOST greatest & classic Jet play's ever!
    From Matt Snell's SBIII TD to K'OB's 4 TD passes to Wes Walker & so forth. I can only agree & thank the lot of you for assisting me in adding other memorable plays to my Jet vid collection. Rather than duplicate what others have greatly posted, I'll post what I believe is the "GREATEST NY JET INTERVIEW EVER"....!

NCJetsfan, ukjetsfan and jessedark like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

10. Fightin'JetTitan

With all due respect Acad23, how in the world can that even be compared to Bart Scott!!?? Richard Odd beat down a man 6" shorter than him & who also was 50+ pounds lighter. There was NO actual interview which followed NO important win whereas an angered Bart Scott, who's Jet team was also "ridiculed, 2nd-guessed & disrespected" by the "experts", chose to opine using verbiage that was colorful, forceful & effective LESS the idiotic, physical altercations.

Dude, I don't know HOW you can state that 'Odd's "non-interview" was the "Greatest Ever...." when Scott ended
    "The Greatest Jet Interview...." AFTER a platinum CLASSIC PLAYOFF VICTORY against the Pats with a phrase
    that was a hot-selling tee-shirt; "CAN'T WAIT"!

Come on now......! REALLY!!??

NYJalltheway and Royal Tee like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Relax.

It was a joke.

Royal Tee likes this.
  12. Fightin'JetTitan

Apologies Acad!! Too many cervezas & shots of Grey Goose! Enjoy brutha':cool::p:cool:o_O

13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You're right, that was one of the greatest moments I've experienced as a Jets fan, but I can't believe how the wings have fallen off this team since that moment.

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Not the greatest play but the greatest call we ever got from the referees (and boy have we gotten screwed by them in the past):

We were playing against the Seattle Seahawks and needed a TD to win the game as time was running out.

Vinny who was about 6'5" stretches as far as he can to get the ball into the end zone as he goes down but ends up about two inches short but the refs call the touchdown for a Jets win.

The headline on the Post the next day was Close Enough!

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

And Namath putting his hand up as if to say "don't hit me" and Spider Lockhart showing professional class by not taking a needless cheap shot at Namath as he was gimping his way into the endzone.

[​IMG]

Royal Tee likes this.
  17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Also the best because it's immortalized by the great, late, Hunter S. Thompson in 'Generation of Swine'

18. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I love Hunter Thompson but God was his writing style beginning to flag from heroic drug use even then. There are passages in that book where he goes off on these tangents that would make James Joyce furrow his brow.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

41-0, lol what a raping.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

No doubt in my mind.. we would have scored and won that game. We shut Pitt out that 2nd half correct?