The Officials Jets in London Thread

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by gustoonarmy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Still waiting for ticket prices on the aftermarket to come down a bit - just cannot bring myself to pay way over the odds to some f'ing scalper.

2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

There has always been a second release for tickets before. They will be popular but at least this will give you a chance.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

This. It's frustrating to wait until September, but it is what it is. Was pretty frustrating when the tickets were released and I couldn't make the system offer me one on the Jets sideline. :/

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

So the next batch aren't due to come out until September? Man that sucks I would like to get something locked up before then but while I might be willing to pay a modest premium my mate won't as he isn't a fan of either team so I need to try and get something at or close to face value.

ticket touts really annoy me - it should be like many festivals are now where you have to have ID that matches the ticket information and try and cut down on them.

5. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Is it wise to buy tickets on Stubhub for this? Just recently I decided I want to go, from here in the US, but don't want to get too hosed on those tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jetrik, this Stubhub link will give you an indication of what prices are going for.

http://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-tickets/new-york-london-wembley-stadium-4-10-2015-9171504/

While they look pretty steep, take into consideraton the money you'll probably be saving in jet fare given the current strong dollar vs. euro. Just a few years ago it was around 1.35 USD per Euro, now it's dropped to 1.09.

7. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

I don't see how that matters considering euro isn't the currency used within the UK. If anything, airfare to Europe is as high as it ever was.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You're right, I forgot . I'm going to Paris later this month and had 'euro on the brain.' thx for the correction.

9. woutervz

woutervz Member

I'll be attending this game with 5 other fellow Jets fans, however for me it's just a short travel from the Netherlands ;-)

Centiment likes this.
  10. bbombers1985

Anyone get the email from the Jets last week that they would put tickets on sale today for season ticket holders for the London game? The sale is supposed to be at 10 AM and they haven't followed up with a link or anything. Wonder if the process hit a snag. Wish they'd tell us as I already pushed back a meeting.

11. bbombers1985

Nevermind - BOUGHT MY TICKETS!

12. mamalovesjets

mamalovesjets Member

Help! I want to buy tickets for the London game! Which side of the field will the Jets be on? I am the only American born of British parents, both brothers born there, both saw Namath play at Shea, so I sorta qualify!! Thanks so much! As of now, I don't know who I am going with but have a bunch of cousins in Birmingham, yes, a bunch of Brummies! I will be leaving out of Texas and would love to meet up with some of you!! Thanks again, Cherie

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Care to elaborate...

14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Jets will have the south sideline. There's a link to a map of the stadium on this thread so you can tell which blocks are on that side.

15. bbombers1985

There was a presale for blocks of tickets for visiting Jets season ticket holders. I believe they're gonna seat us all together - location was TBD, but purchase was by zone. Was pretty seamless outside of the on-sale being delayed by 2 hours. Was able to snag 3 tickets - 1 for me and 2 for my relatives there. I believe they're all sold out now as well.

16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

What zone are you in?

17. bbombers1985

£45 upper sideline seats. Wanted to get better seats, but have to subsidize the flight cost somehow.

I'm not sure of the exact zone, but I was told they'll be seating STH together whenever they are by pricing level.

18. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I'm in! Will be going with my two sons-in-law and other Jet supporting family members. Six of us in all. We saw The Jets play against the Dolphins in 2013 in a 20-3 home loss. So we came to New York and didn't see a touchdown! At least the team is rectifying this by making the return trip and playing Miami again; this time 40 miles from my house!!

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  19. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

We purchased three seats through the Jets. Anybody heard of Jet fan related gatherings, party's, tailgates prior to the game?

Need advice on best pubs and eateries near Mayfair...I think that's where we're staying...

20. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I'm travelling down the day before with a mate, so we were hoping to meet up with other Jets fans (UK, US and any others). I'll research the best real ale pubs I can find for beers, too.

Royal Tee likes this.