Religion - a respectful discussion, for those interested

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Truth4U2, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This was supposed to be a respectful thread about who has the best imaginary friend and you guys have blasphemed it.

Bunch of dicks on this board.

_

TommyJ likes this.
  2. JStokes

Was that the episode that he was a big dootie?

:D

_

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

yes, weighed over 80 courics

4. JStokes

Hahaaa forgot that part.

_

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Did Petro suspend him again? lol

6. JStokes

We'll know next week when he starts 2 more threads "Why was I suspended AGAIN?"

_

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

You know, whether you believe in God, or not, I can't see why anyone would have anything against the teachings of Jesus. You would think that "Love one Another" would be something no one would be against.

Even if you don't believe he is the Son of God, why trash his teachings when they are all about things like love, peace, and helping the poorest among us?

Truth4U2 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree X1 Million... nothing wrong with the teachings at all.

The problem, unfortunately, sadly really, is the jackoff human beings who make it about themselves or judge others strongly in the name of those teachings, despite those acts being strongly against those teachings. Its sad. It distracts and turns people off

tcrock likes this.
  9. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Those who judge others not only diminish themselves, they diminish the philosophy they supposedly believe in: John 8:7 "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

But let's get real: There are good, kind, decent churchgoers that get mocked on a daily basis just for molding their lives based on the philosophy of Jesus Christ. I genuinely do not understand hatred against these people/

tcrock likes this.
  10. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

this is very true....fact of the matter is it's human nature, this kind of behavior began probably days after Jesus was crucified (yes,we know that really happened)......so here we are 2000 plus years later......

I was brought up roman catholic, never was passionate about religion or anything, only my curiosity in the real historical aspect of Jesus Christ's life, death and mystery piqued my interest over the last decade or so and have restored my faith......I do not, however, confuse ceremony, priests, popes, preachers etc with my faith in Jesus Christ....i.e I do not believe you need to be a church going fanatic to be faithful, nor do I believe that being a faithful churchgoer makes you a zealot. I do not believe Jesus preached about gay and lesbian rights, abortion and all of the more controversial topics where folks often use Him as a means to their end. Not sure what I'm trying to say exactly but I am saddened by the rise of the secularism and the deterioration and condemnation of faith in Jesus Christ. I'm equally saddened/angered those who twist his words for their own good.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

The Church of South Park has taken over this thread ... now I know where the haters get their crazy ideas. lol.

TV has become school, and church, for too many kids nowadays ..... truly scary. (smh)

12. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

your scary

13. Truth4U2

No offense, but you obviously don't know a whole lot about science.

If you do, then why not argue your point using science, instead of just empty insults?

14. Truth4U2

Do you actually KNOW anything about science, or do you just like throwing around empty insults? (smh)

Please, if you can, explain to us why science "blows everything you think out of the water" lol. That's a serious question btw. Please explain these scientific ideas, if you can.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Truth...religion and politics are taboo subjects. Did your parents not teach you anything?

You get banned from the office water cooler and you end up on TGG. Great.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Science, a person can not walk on water because the force of gravity overcomes the surface tension of the water.- Matthew 14:22-33 debunked

One of the many "miracles" that science tells us could not have happened. Healing a paralytic, making a blind man see all with a wave of the hand? You say you are a scientist, please explain how he was able to do these things.

Biblical viewpoint was that we lived in a geocentric universe - The Copernican astronomical revolution and Galileo debunked this and the church had to do a 360. They had a hard time recovering from that one, they weren't ready for someone to pull back the curtain on the little man pulling the levers and pushing the buttons.

17. JStokes

SCIENCE!

[​IMG]
    _

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

TNJet likes this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Truth

I am a Muslim. Not a practicing one though. I believe in Muhammad, I also believe in Jesus and I also believe in Moses and David. I believe they were all men of God.

But I reject religion. You know why? Because religions as we know today are far from God's teachings.

Religion is dogma. You can't use science to justifice religion. Though you can use it to justify a great being which we call God.

I also think you are a bad person. Lots of Christians on this thread turned against you. How did you manage that seriously? Dude I was born to Muslim parents and people should hate me but they hate you, a Christian? It is the personality you reflect on this board causing that.

Please slow down man. Please. This board is about Jets and Jets only. Don't bring religion into this.

20. JStokes

Yeah, what he said.

Shake my head.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.