NY Daily News - Jets' Brad of all trades

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Oct 18, 2006.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/462719p-389323c.html

Pretty good article. They talked about what Brad Smith did on Sunday against Miami. They referred to him as the 'do-everything rookie'.

It's known that Brad wants to be a QB in the NFL. Hopefully he sticks to being the 'do-everything' type player, because mannnnn he can be a great part of this offense when he blossoms in years to come. For now, keep him doing what he did against Miami.

2. lightning

lightning Active Member

Yup, keep using him as a decoy.

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

and also put him on special teams. he was such a beast against punt and kick returns.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I was impressed by that on Sunday. Seemed like he was the first guy down on every kick.

5. jetsnvegas

jetsnvegas New Member

he was the first guy down the field on every play, did anyone see the bottom of that article where david barett said he is fine but is listed as inactive with a hip injury

6. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I'm fine with using him everywhere; as a matter of fact, I love it. But these ignorant calls, like, "Let's throw to Brad Smith, 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, on 3rd and 8, with 3 guys near him!" He's explosive... to a point. Can't rely on him so much and have a successful offense, especially with one this young and, well, bad.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think that once our offensive line woes stabilize, and our offense balances out with a somewhat decent running game, Brad Smith will end up becoming the player that most of us remember first from this new team. That may not end up happening until next year, though.

8. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

anyone else hear the mangini show on the radio today? talked a little bit how brad really embodies the jets philosophy

love the guy

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm glad, if infact Brad becomes a star (which I can see happening), that I can say when I am older that I've followed Brad Smith since his rookie year.