NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

The key here is that the Rangers have found a way to avoid the blocked shots. They are lifting EVERY shot. Notice how many more glove saves Holtby has had to make?

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

for those of you wondering, Brassard's "miss of the open net" was a good defensive play/deflection ; )

This series is weird arguably the better team in each game has lost, maybe exception of Game 2......Rangers were strong for about a period and a half last night, somehow score 4, but refuse to let their fans enjoy a somewhat comfortable win... wtf were they doing on that second Caps goal, talk about not being mentally sharp, team didn't know how to conduct itself with a 3 goal lead.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was there and haven't watched the game on my DVR yet, but was Holtby off, or did the Rangers just score skillful goals? Hard to tell from my view, but he faced a lot less shots and allowed more goals. Lundqvist allowed 3, which is a lot for him, but the Caps were shooting on him non-stop.

4. HackettSuxTNG

The Rangers have GOT to get Mark Messier into the building for that Game 7 as an answer to Ovechkin's guarantee.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

No GG but he did go to 2 games in DC...the other night he held the mike for Ovie's interview, said he was gap toothed and sounded like he was from Transylvania...

6. HackettSuxTNG

Due to the misconception that I would rather see Derek Brassard fail than see the Rangers win, I will withhold from making comment.

7. matt robinson 17

Just giving a veteran team bulletin board fodder

8. matt robinson 17

5-0, 4-3 who cares we won

9. matt robinson 17

Couple of rebounds, screened on Boyle's goal

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Rangers are still traumatized from being 3-1 and are in "win at all costs" mode. Capitals lost this series when they gave up the
    Gotcha - if he was there last night you probably could have seen him in the Mark Staal postgame interview footage

11. The Dark Knight

At this point, that really can't matter though. It is Game 7. Nothing anyone says should make you want to win any more or play any harder. Having said all that, Going into Madison Square Garden, against King Henrik Lundqvist, The President's Trophy winning Rangers, Game 7, NOT GOOD ODDS for Ovechkin and the Capitals. Rangers fans throwing all these great stats around of the King in Game 7's. Here is one for the Capitals: They went into Boston and eliminated the defending Stanley Cup Champions in a Game 7 just a couple years ago. So you never know........

12. HackettSuxTNG

Where do you guys go for your online Hockey news? I simply can not read ESPN.com anymore since they have that dingbay Katie Strang
    I Think that more shots are just getting through, which is increasing the chance of scoring :)

13. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I care, my heart cares, my brain cares, my liver cares my furniture cares as does my overall well being. Would it kill them to win a game by more than 1 once, cripes.

14. matt robinson 17

If anything they should be more demoralized, throwing the kitchen sink at us and still losing, after blowing the lead in the last 1 1/2 minutes the other night

15. matt robinson 17

Game could go either way TDK, Caps have put up a great fight....one thing, Hank is gold in these game 7's at home ( why I question all the dumb asses who say who cares about the Presidents Trophy, this is the reason you want home ice in game 7)

16. The Dark Knight

I disagree. The game was 4-1 Rangers. The Caps proved to themselves they can score on the Rangers and need to play with more passion and aggression. It gave them results.

17. matt robinson 17

I'll disagree with you

18. The Dark Knight

I was demoralized down 4-1. Then the Caps turned it on, giving me faith that could continue in Game 7. If the Game was 4-1, then I would surely agree with you. No doubt the team should be down with losing Game 5 after being a minute away from the ECF, and coming out awful last night, but they came together in the end. Lundqvist at MSG is the only demoralizing thing I can think of right now. Caps have to go in knowing that it is a pretty even match-up, but they will have to play perfect to win. Also, have to have their best start of the playoffs. They have come out flat in pretty much all 13 games. Can't win that way on Wednesday.

19. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Usually some combination of ProHockeyTalk, PuckDaddy, TheScore, and Sean McIndoe/Katie Baker of Grantland gets the job done for me.

20. matt robinson 17

Hockey is like baseball, your momentum is as good as your next days starter, Rangers already forgot about yesterday as did the Caps