NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

At this point if the Rangers are forced out, I hope Chicago wins it...AGAIN

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You know, fuck it...I am not losing hope. Rangers will come back from this, they can win and overcome out of this hole.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is how I feel too. Normally when you are up 3-1 you have a lot of confidence, but being a Caps/Jets fan, I know better. The one thing that gave me a little confidence was the Rangers' post game locker room yesterday. Did anyone see them? They looked defeated. They even said we are playing great, doing all we can , but they keep beating us. That is why the Caps need to finish it in Game 5. If the Rangers win, that could springboard them to 2 more wins, and a 4-3 series win. Like HSS just posted: they did it last year.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, also remember when the Rangers went up 3-1 on the Caps few years back and then they came back and won in 7?

I think that may have been the game where Fedorov scored in game 7

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

No. I am shocked that some of the fan base on this board wants the GM and coach gone despite the accomplishments of the team over the past two seasons. You can have high hopes, but to expect the Rangers to win the Cup and to be angry with the GM because they are down 3-1 in a playoff series is a little ridiculous. The fan base is made up of Yankees fans mostly who view anything short of a championship as a total failure when the Rangers have one single solitary championship in three quarters of a century. To expect this year's team or any team to win the cup and call for the heads of management if they don't is what is ridiculous. If you want to dump AV, as an Isles fan, I'll take him in Brooklyn next year in a heart beat over Simple Jack. You can keep Sather, but I can't see how you can knock the team he put together or the deadline trades he made (other than the Rangers are living on borrowed time with their core getting old quickly - but that is how the Dolans do things).

Red Menace likes this.
  7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

The New York Rangers are THE ONLY TEAM IN THE NHL that has won a playoff series in four consecutive seasons. How the hell could you possibly want to fire the GM?!?!

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes, but remember the last series between the Caps and Rangers. Caps had a 3-2 series lead. Rangers forced a Game 7 and won it 5-0 in DC. So these series are never over til they are over.

9. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

im not knocking anything or calling for any one to be fired, im explaining why my hopes were through the roof, there was just too much to be excited about, they were fantastic this year. i live in southern cal, i get more doses of how great the western conference has been, yadda yaadda yadda and when i see the rangers come out here and cream people, and i went in person as well against the kings and ducks, and they did it all season , i sprayed my shorts. about to go into the 10th playoff game tomorrow night, im still waiting for just a glimpse of those fuckin' guys, they have seriously disappeared. they were great this year, i saw it! im still waiting for it against the caps, sick of waiting. anyway, im not calling for anything but to get back to the game they played so well this year. they're tight, tentative and soft right now. theyre everything they were not, hopefully its not too late. we shall see tomorrow

10. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I don't see it happening this year. Last year we were a different team. I'm still praying for the best but I just don't think this is the year. Looking forward to the off-season. Hope we buy out Boyle, trade Nash, trade Talbot, Marty retires, and resign Hags long term.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Last year we got a shot in the arm with Kreider back on the team and everyone rallying around MSL's death in the family. If Zuccs can come back it could have a similar effect but really, NYR are the better team and they need good puck luck and for AV to figure something out

12. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hate using the rally around Marty excuse but it really did help us. We just look dead and the odds of Zucc returning at all this postseason are slim to none. No one is playing well but how Rick Nash only has 6 goals in 50 playoff games really kills me. Time to go a different direction if we can't pull ourselves out of this hole.

13. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

true, but Cally does have the one ingredient this team is sorely lacking right now, someone willing to pay the price in front of the net. But's that's all irrelevant right now I guess. I'm just really depressed that once again, jopes, dashed
    dude, Ranger fans are far from feeling entitled, nor do we have superiority complexes, not sure how many Ranger fans you really know. I think you're overreacting to Ranger fans overreacting to what are very fresh feelings of disappointment/anger/frustration etc. I think when most fans analyze the situation soberly, most reasonable will come to logical conclusions.

and our core aint going anywhere, so don't get your hopes up ; )...Hank is about the only one getting on in age........our guys don't get old any more quickly than anyone else (Mac, Girardi, Stepan, Krieder, Miller, Staal, Hags, Zucc, Brassard, Fast.....these guys are the core and are not old by any means). Making risky trades to go for it are easy to criticize after the fact, but were moves that were the right moves given the circumstances.......it just sucks to see it not come to fruition...it also sucks to think of what our team might be like if some moves weren't made......but again, that's all easy after the fact.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Rick Nash is the gayest homo bastard Ive ever seen. The man is balless. But we knew this was gonna happen in the playoffs.
    We lost last night because of two HORRENDOUS give-aways by two guys who could not possibly be playing any worse in McD and Kreider. I would trade Kreider in a HEARTBEAT before the rest of the league realizes he is the biggest liability on the ice shift after shift after shift.

I mentioned the other day that McD is massively overrated.....its the simple fact.

As far as " wasting milller on the 4th line".....he doesn't even belong in the NHL...let alone the 3rd or 2nd line......hes been BRUTAL in the playoffs.

Caps intensity and desire is higher than ours right now...and that's the difference. we're not playing poorly overall but th eCaps are getting the bounces because theyre quicker to the puck, theyre being physical, theyre blocking shots and theyre getting great goal tending.

As far as AV being a bad playoff coach and not making adjustments.---what adjustemnts would you make other than putting Boyle on a plane back to California for good? we are a one dimensional team. period. its far too late to change the way we play now. Keep doing what we do best with more effort, more desperation and then hope a couple goals find their way through.

15. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Our big boys (Kreider, Nash, Hayes) need to go to the net. Holtby is way to damn comfortable sitting there. These bullshit perimeter shots aren't gonna cut it against arguably the hottest goalie in the playoffs. That's the biggest change they need IMO. "Go to the net" should be the mantra going into Friday.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I admit, I lol'd

17. GordonGecko

You're just saying that because his name is Dick Rash

18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

What did he do to make the team actually better this year? Yandle? Boyle? The reason we won the President's Trophy this year is because Rick Nash actually scored during the regular season and Cam Talbot played out of his mind. The Rangers played the exact same as they did at the end of the season and the playoffs last year. And now we are losing for the same reasons we lost last year. We cannot win a faceoff to save our lives. Our power play is non-existent. Our overpayed "stars" won't even shoot the puck, they just pass it instead.

19. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I think Game 5 depends on if our offense shows up. It hasn't all postseason. Will it tomorrow?

20. GordonGecko

Multi-year problem, Rangers can't hit the net and it's not just the forwards

All situations shot accuracy for NYR defensemen:

Yandle - 30.76%
    McDonagh - 42.10%
    Girardi - 50%
    Staal - 35.71%
    Hunwick - 33.33%
    Klein - 35.71%
    Boyle - 40%