NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I choose Nash as the reason we lost, softer than butter, 10- 45 foot wrist shots from the left wing boards with no screen....

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Mac is also AWOL, I don't know wtf happened to him. He was about to go on a breakout Norris season and then he just vanished. So disappointed in so many players

3. matt robinson 17

McD has been average, which drags DG down to, Staal has been our best dman

4. GordonGecko

Average on D but don't forget completely evaporated on offense

5. matt robinson 17

McD is horrible on the PP too

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

THANK YOU! If you listen to sports talk, you would think that the Rangers were facing Ken Dryden!!!!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. HackettSuxTNG

I am NOT making any excuses for Nash, but at least he made two memorable defensive plays in that game. I can't say that anyone else did memorable, with the exception of Kevin Hayes missing a wide open net.

8. HackettSuxTNG

Perfectly said!

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hey guys! It is also possible that the Caps have been playing good, making it difficult for your players to succeed. Maybe they don't all suck, you know, winning the President's Trophy and all.

10. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

calm down, the caps scored a chinese goal, and the offense is a joke right now. if the rangers win the next game they're back in control.
    the scoring is back to the 2012 Ranger type squad which is a "no bueno across the boardo" situation, but the Caps are not "that" great, they're a very good team but quite beatable. get it together and pull the bootstraps up and start getting physical, Holtby is getting off easy with these shots, make some serious adjustments or be down 3-1. fuck that.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I especially enjoyed Marty's break away shot right into Holtby's chest, nice job there...I could have stopped that one......Holtby's playing well but leaving a lot of juicy rebounds, a little more desire to get to those and that should have been a W last night.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I understand the Rangers fan frustrations though. I think the Rangers will be fine too. I can't stand the Caps approach of going up 1 and just being fine with that. You need to be aggressive and get a 2 goal lead. Yesterday was the Capitals' 10th playoff game this season. Only Game 5 in Round 1 vs. The Islanders did they take more than a 1 goal lead (5-1 win). If that keeps up, the Rangers will tie the game (like in Game 1) but actually win the game too. I'd rather sell out and try to get a 2 goal lead, than let the Rangers go on a shooting spree against Holtby the entire 3rd period. Like some posters pointed out: the chances were very much there for the Rangers last night. That will continue in Game 4 if the Caps don't shape up.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's tortorella hockey that the Caps are playing.

You need better scoring chances from the point, crash the net, cut out the stupid wide angle shots that Rick Nash has a habit of doing and go after the forecheck.

Rangers also need their top guys to score, its annoying to see this every playoff run recently.

14. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

the Caps have done a real good job protecting the net so far, but it comes down to who wants it more.......especially all those loose pucks in the crease area. This Ranger team has been spouting on all season about a different ending and unfinished business.......well, let's see it boys because it was there for the taking last night.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I hate to say it but there might not be a more over rated player in the NHL than McD. When he is on , hes fantastic but there are wayyyy too many games where he is average at best ( and Im being kind). He is quite the mystery.

I thought we played pretty well last night and you guys are not giving the Caps enough credit. Holtby is NOT over rated, that's moronic. He has become a top goalie in this league. Ovechkin is the best player on the planet right now and they've all bought into the system.

MSL and Boyle? I cant even think of any analysis that would suit them.......

And fuckin Nash....he played better but if he doesn't score and score QUICK we are not winning this series.

16. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

He's not the most overrated player in the NHL. He's just having a bad season. Lets see how he does next season. Maybe he's been dealing with an injury this season.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Tonight is as close to a must-win game as you can have without being on the brink of elimination. WHERE THE GOALS AT?!?

18. GordonGecko

Islanders lose, permanently

[​IMG]

19. HackettSuxTNG

http://nypost.com/2015/05/05/rick-nash-i-can-take-the-heat-because-im-supposed-to-score/

WASHINGTON — Rick Nash answered amicably once again when the normally unchartered waters of a player’s salary were broached. And Nash didn’t back down, continuing his own public criticism with unflinching candidness.

The high-paid guys that are supposed to score are supposed to [score] in the playoffs,” Nash said after Tuesday’s practice at Verizon Center. “When that doesn’t happen, this is to be expected.”

Of course, the reference is to the constant attention paid to his one goal through the first eight games of the postseason, with Nash’s Rangers down to the Capitals 2-1 in their best-of-seven, second-round series, prepping for Game 4 on Wednesday night. That paltry sum is on top of the short stack of three goals Nash had in 25 games last postseason.

There are the little things he’s doing well, playing a strong defensive game and creating a plethora of scoring chances. But that isn’t much solace when the puck isn’t going in and the team is down in the series.

“I would be pleased if we were winning and I wasn’t scoring,” Nash said. “I feel like it’s close. It’s just frustrating when the puck doesn’t go in the net.”

Nash came to the Rangers in a trade before the 2012-13 season, and the 30-year-old carries a $7.8 million salary-cap hit through the 2017-18 season. He led the team with a personal-best 42 goals during the regular season.

Coach Alain Vigneault said he believes overall, Nash has “played well.” That, and his line with Derick Brassard and Martin St. Louis is close to breaking out.

“Brass’ line with Nasher and Marty, they’re close to be difference-makers,” Vigneault said. “They’re playing the right way, both offensively and defensively. You have to stick with the process and believe in the process. You have to think that in these close games, sooner or later, it’s going to pay off.”

Yet Vigneault is not making excuses for his top players.

“This is a results-oriented business,” he said. “You can play real well and do the right things with and without the puck at both ends and through the neutral zone, but at the end of the day, you expect Marty St. Louis to find the back of the net, you expect Rick Nash to find the back of the net, you expect Derick Brassard to help those two guys, and himself, find the back of the net.”

20. matt robinson 17

Let Bourque play we need some high energy