Jets select QB Bryce Petty in round 4

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, May 2, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You're hurting my feewings.

Please weve me awone.

_

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Get a life. You've gone from amusing to annoying to just flat out depressing.

3. JStokes

It's just refreshing that the FO didn't stand pat with Fitz, Geno and Simms.

I'm excited about the competition.

_

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Oh boy, does Petty need a bunch of babysitters also? Take that bong away from him before game time?

5. JStokes

If you don't want to be depressed, put me on Ignore.

I won't miss your snarky retorts.

_

6. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

I understand that, but everything is biased. The Catholic Church is the unchanging rock of stability, reason, and integrity that has lasted since its inception 2000+ years ago. It has stood the test of time. Fads come and go, governments are corrupt, politicians are corrupt, laws are corrupt, but teaching based on events 2000+ years ago in the life of a man who performed countless miracles witnessed by hundreds of people; savvy, skeptical, intelligent Jews who would not be fooled by cheap trickery, including the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, also witnessed by numerous people first hand. The tomb was guarded by the Jewish authorities because they were wise to the possibility of a hoax, of Jesus' disciples trying to steal the body...the resurrection is even supported by science today in studies of the Shroud of Turin (a report on CNN from unbiased, non-religious sources explained that even the image on the cloth shows evidence of strong radiation apparently from a resurrection event), the authenticity of the Shroud has been proven by scientists, etc, I could go on and on. There is just so much evidence in support of the Catholic Church's authenticity.

7. JStokes

I think one of the things I've always like best about him is his quick release.

Ball is at his ear, then it is out.

Quick, compact.

I think a lot of the other stuff can be worked on but the quick release is a plus.

_

8. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Religion is a fine thing too bad it is so misused by the controllers of society. And Thank U Lord for my NY JETS..

9. Truth4U2

See, that's all atheists have, empty insults. Not a shred of evidence or reason to support their opinion.

10. JStokes

His lack of taking snaps from under center is probably my biggest concern, more so than a one read offense.

I think he'll learn to go through progressions and Chan can work with him around that.

He needs to relearn (if he ever did it in HS) taking snaps and drop backs.

But as with Mariota, I think it's something that can be mastered rather quickly if you have the work ethic.

_

11. JStokes

Do you think Petty beats out Simms?

I don't think Simms is long for this roster. Which I'm ok with.

_

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Just like you have no evidence that God exists. Two sides of the same coin my friend.

Btw, I'm not atheist.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  13. Truth4U2

You're right, religion itself is good. Governments, dictators, and other world leaders who use their own twisted views of religion for their own political gain is bad. An important distinction to make.

......but I agree with those who say that this topic should be about Bryce Petty, not religion, so I will continue this discussion with anyone who is interested in the appropriate forum.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There is zero chance Simms is on this roster over Petty and I doubt we are keeping 4 QBs. Simms isn't good to begin with and there's no way our front office would risk cutting the guy to sign him to our practice squad. We've seen the last of Matty boy.

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

It is Jesus for me, the living word. I'll trust in Him, the one who never sinned, who cared enough about me to absorb the penalty of my sin (which is death) and then conquer death by being raised from the dead. It's all I can do.

I am no expert on Catholicism, but I do know that it teaches doctrines that are counter- and extra-Biblical.

16. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Simms is gonna be out. It's Fitz and Geno. Depending in how the season goes we will see who's here next year of the two. Barring a revelation at quarterback for Geno, I think we sign Fitz for a second year and 2016 is Fitz, Petty , draft pick.

17. Truth4U2

No, there's a TON of evidence that God exists, just no absolute proof. Unless you count the hundreds of eyewitnesses to Jesus' miracles, resurrection, the Marian apparitions witnessed by countless people throughout history, other miracles witnessed by many more people, etc. All of that evidence would hold up in court even today, btw. Eyewitness accounts carry a lot of weight in court cases.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Catholic Church is a fraud!! There teach so many man made traditions that have nothing to do with the scriptures and they wonder why their churches are empty, they are satisfying no ones spiritual hunger, blind leading the blind.

19. JStokes

Yup. Don't see him on many rosters in the NFL.

He's kind of a knucklehead. I knew him in HS and he's just a bit goofy and he didn't dispel that rep in college.

If it wasn't for his name, I doubt he's on the Jets the last 2 years.

_

20. JStokes

I could see them adding another vet backup.

_