Jets select QB Bryce Petty in round 4

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, May 2, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I absolutely love his character though and everyone says that he has the best work ethic in the draft. It'll be a huge uphill climb but I think he's got a shot. Long way to go.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I was hot and cold on him all year. Saw some good things and some really bad things.

The bowl game wowed me a bit, so my meter went to "yes" over "no".

Needs a ton of work-much more simplistic offense than even Mariota--but he has upside.

_

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wow oh wow. Outstanding investment in the right round. Never expected Petty to be there but this is awesome. I truly believe we might have something special here to work with. He can hold the clipboard for a year, learn from some really good coaches and see what he can do in the spread offense. No more BS and wait till the seventh round to throw a bone to the coach for a QB as if that position is as important as a back up kicker.
    Once the first 2 QB went I thought we needed to pull the trigger in the third. This practice of searching for the guy must continue till we find our man. If we are lucky for once this is it.
    OL in the fifth and I'm thrilled.
    If this pick alone pans out we might have found the best front office since we were called the Titans.

NYJetsO12 and JetFanInPA like this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Everyone raves about his deep ball accuracy but I saw him overthrow a lot of receivers. People say that his senior year back injury really affected his play and I was definitely more impressed with his junior year so hopefully that was the case. I do like that he was tough enough to play through a broken back.

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

Love the pick throws a great deep ball and seems like a gun slinger. Great value at this point.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This pick does a few things.

We get a developmental prospect that won't be relied upon to contribute right away. We get a guy that if Geno steps up could be the backup for a few years. If not then Petty could compete for the job in '16.

FJF likes this.
  7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Well if you like him it's saying a lot. Since you never give Qbs you hate compliments. So I'm in just because of that!

8. JStokes

And also sends a message to the fan base that they aren't fucking around waiting for Geno's incremental progression.

_

Royal Tee, Red Menace and xxedge72x like this.
  9. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

OK, so they take a QB in Round 4 and that tells you all you need to know about how they feel about Geno?! That's it, that's the extent of your thinking, reasoning, analysis, ....LOL...well, that certainly explains a few things about what I'm dealing with in trying to reason with you on this board! Sorry but you insult me constantly and then you make a dumb statement like this, I had to call you out on it. Stupid, just plain stupid. Your comments rarely make any sense, and then you have the nerve to attack me and others all the time....smh.

10. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

He's not great but it's a young body to compete with Geno's Myth

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

great value at this point, and i really like having a guy like Petty developing on the sidelines this season.

was really underwhelmed with how we handled the second and third rounds, so this has propped me back up.
    nice work Mac..

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

and there will still be qualified olineman in round 5.

Trenton Brown is still there, and is the best tackle prospect out there. we wont miss out on online. plenty of guys still there.

we will never be any good until we find a qb. getting more options there is never bad

13. JStokes

Yeah, I definitely didn't hate him. Like I said, back and forth on him all year--at one point I was very down on him but you can't deny his arm talent and his--for want of a better word--moxie.

In fact he got a 7.84 on the Moxie Drill at the combine--which is damn high.

_

74 likes this.
  14. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Look, he's not a sure thing, and he probably won't see the field 1 snap this year, but he's a good pick for a 4th rounder.

I've always wanted the Jets to follow that philosophy. Take a chance on a QB in the 3rd or 4th round is the way to go. There was no one on the board besides perhaps Jay Ajayi that I thought could have been better for the team.

15. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

At least he comes from a team that's green!

Catfish Billy likes this.
  16. JStokes

Fuck off Jesus freak.

You know nothing.

Go post an article.

_

17. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Hope Brown is there. I am happy we went Petty before any other QB, I think he has more upside than all other QB's not named Winston or Mariota.

18. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

In the same boat. Liked a bunch of stuff until I watched the WVU game and then nitpicked everything he did. He's a Jets now, so I'm good with it. Just let him sit!

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You didn't say you like him. You said you don't hate him. But I'll take that!

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

21. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

What "myth"??? ..... Geno has shown a lot of evidence of the kinds of skills that could make him a very good QB, once he completes his development. It's all on tape, witnessed by Jets fans everywhere, no "myth" here. Just like there's no "myth" with JC, just lots of eye witnesses.