Does the Len Wms pick translates to Jets saying "GoodBye" Mo' ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, May 1, 2015.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Regardless of what the Jets decide to do with Wilk, I hope they take action soon.

Perhaps they were waiting to see what happened with the draft and also what offers they received for him. Regardless, it seems like if Wilk plays this season with the Jets without a new contract, he will be disgruntled.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Btw let's give mac a ton of credit no extending Wilkerson pre draft like all the fans wanted. If he did no way we end up w the ability to justify grabbing the right guy in Williams.

Jets have all leverage and all flexibility right now. Bravo Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  3. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

This last part is so true. A few of us raised eyebrows to the contracts given to Harris, Skrine, Cromartie, Carpenter and were crushed for it. "We have all this cap room, what else are we gonna do with it?" Now we're looking at one of the downsides. I'm not willing to accept unloading our best player for financial reasons when we were spending like crazy just a few weeks ago.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  4. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

What they will do I do not know. What they should do, in my opinion: Switch to 4-3, TRY to convert Demario Davis to OLB (I know Victor Hobson played both in and out, maybe he can do it too?) and if not start Pace or a rookie. And that's a mean front seven.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We don't have the prototypical DE for a 4 man front. All of our DL are big and not fast enough, and none of our OLBs are fast enough.

6. TurkJetFan

Sheldon wilk and Williams are all quite fast for their position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis likes this.
  7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Coples is more than adequate as a 4-3 end. The Jets also have Pace for lighter situations, and can bulk up when necessary too.

8. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

Richardson is speedy and Wilkerson is pretty fast too. Play them at ends and have Snacks and Williams just tear up the middle.

9. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I don't think Mo isn't going anywhere this year. I think they looked at last years huge weakness on third down and attacked it. rebuilt secondary, heavy up the middle pass rush up front. This defense was decent on 1st and 2nd down and terrible on third down. While Bowles says we aren't going away from the base 3-4, the idea will be stop the run on 1st and 2nd down with snacks in and on third down, have Williams, Mo, Coples, and Sheldon in on nickel. That will be a nightmare on opposing offenses.

Also looking at the schedule how many run heavy teams are we playing that we can't play a ton of nickel?

Buffalo, Houston, Maybe Tennessee and Dallas?

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Coples is the prototypical 4-3 end.... I agree with the LB remark though, but you take the talent where you can

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I still believe that if the Jets were going to trade Wilkerson, it would have to be to further the cause of getting a QB.

So a trade right now would look something like a late 2nd / early 3rd round pick in this draft, and a 1st and a 4th in next years draft.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. Mo stays.

Williams,Wilk,Richardson...

Cro,Mevis...

Going to be tough to penetrate the defense.

We'll lose alot of 6-3 games this year

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He only stays if they can work out a reasonable deal with him. He lost all of his leverage as soon as that pick was made.

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Mo is as good as gone, same thing they did with Revis and Milliner (BPA, top tier talent, can't miss), I hated that Milliner pick, and this one stinks of just not wanting to give Mo a long term contract for some stupid reason. Sorry this team is a lot better with Mo long term and White at WR then it is with Mo gone, no White at WR, and a rookie Leo Williams.

PutJerrichoIn likes this.
  15. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

We need to figure out a way to keep Mo. This defensive front will hide our weakness at LB. Hopefully we get it done, keep Mo.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

4-3
    Coples - Wilkerson - Richardson - Williams

3-4 Base
    Wilkerson - Snacks - Richardson

Snacks will come off the bench and be in on goal line stands.

That 4-3 lineup is fucking terrifying for QBs.

papapump likes this.
  17. joykilla

joykilla Member

People need to get out with the who is gonna be where x's and o's and realize that Bowles does a ton of hybrid things. Clearly they are trying to be advanced in a defensive technique and run lots of dime coverage. I think what Jets fans fail to realize is thats how you win in this league, having elite players on rookie contracts. If Williams turns out to be elite we have him on 4 years of a rookie deal. Think about that along with this dline and defense.

Also wait for our 2nd and 3rd round picks to end before we go running around screaming like a mob. If they address a WR and Oline today I will be happy.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

good point - I keep forgetting just how young Wilk still is.

edit: mind this all justifies my decision after Sanchez never to get another Jersey or top with a players name or number unless they retire a Jet.

PutJerrichoIn likes this.
  19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

this won't effect Mo this effects Snacks, he's the one that will get traded if anybody.. We wouldn't trade Mo Bc we can't get max value from trading him with one year left, plus it's pretty evident if u look at Bowles schemes. Leo is a snacks that can rush the passer.

plus if we woulda traded mo it would've happened last night. no way we settle trading him for later round picks that's a robbery

20. TurkJetFan

fans need to get over the rex years...let's not overlook this offense has taken strides this offseason as well. We are scoring way more than Rex years. Period.