Jets Draft Leonard Williams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Apr 30, 2015.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you could say that if Geno had the Statue With Eight Arms that came alive from Sinbads Seventh Voyage as a receiver still wouldnt help.

rammagen likes this.
  2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

he slept at a holiday inn express last night

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

People criticizing this are complete idiots. If we took White it would be "How can you pass on a can't miss prospect like Williams when he fell to us"

BleedingGreen55 likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well in one of those peoples defense, he's drunk.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Without a QB it's more important than ever to score on a great player. It's about great players. That's what BPA is about, a game changer. It's prolly fair to say that he has a better chance at that than anyone else at that point. Obviously that could happen anywhere throughout, but Mac was obviously true to his board.
    It's gonna be fun now to see how it turns out. I don't know. Maybe they'll draft a WR or OLB in rd. 2.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Maybe "best" DE. You can't compare him to other positions at all. Still shoulda took White because Marshall only has 1-2 more good years left and then we will again have a hole at WR

7. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

Sadly this is exactly what am talking about. Can't win either way. If we would have passed on him this forum would've been filled with posts about why didn't we draft him. Am glad with the pick if you're not then that's on you. I would love to see how you feel about this pick in 2-3 years. It's easy to say "i hate this pick or i love this pick" but in the overall big picture this gives us options on defense. How many teams in the league would love to have our DL right now...let's see how this plays out before we go ranting about "need". We went BPA and in the end am glad we did.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Some of you guys sound like total panty wastes......

"We dont need another DE"
    Was it a position of need? of course not, but he's one of the best talents in the draft

"Why didn't he trade down??!?!"
    considering they took almost the whole time allotment is a good indicator that they were probably on the phone trying to trade down...... but it takes 2 to tango, and he'd look like a bigger jackass if he got fleeced in a trade. If you dont think so, I'll trade you my beach cruiser for your car. it gets better gas mileage and has zero maintenance or insurance costs

"It's a waste of a pick!"
    HA! I want pgame tape players, not combine players. If Bowles is a good coach, then he'll put his players in position to succeed and not squeezing square pegs in round holes like Mangenius.
    How does a 4-3 front with Coples, Sheldon, Wilk, and Williams with Snacks in rotation sound? I bet Tom Brady will think it's pretty nasty when the pressure comes up front without blitzing....as the pocket collapses around him. Not to mention that there's a good chance that either Mo or Sheldon may be gone within 2 years due to $$, right when this kid hits his prime.

I would've liked Cooper, but he was gone...... this may not be the ideal fit, but it's a good pick. You draft talent.
    Now hopefully Dorsett or a good OLineman is available rd 2

macbk likes this.
  9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015...ms-might-be-the-best-player-in-the-nfl-draft/

I didn't know that the high ankle sprain he suffered in September basically lingered for most of his season.

10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Let see if they trade him first. Then let see what Mo asking price is.

11. BroadwayAaron

I still can't comprehend how people are bitching about not trading down. Did you miss Macc's presser? They listened to offers, none of them were worth accepting. You'd rather take a bad deal over the best player in the draft? Give me a break... you could present that scenario to a 10 year old and they'd get the correct answer of taking the best player in the draft.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Lol nobody in the football universe would have been upset with not taking a defensive lineman for the 4th time in 5 years when we already had the best group in the league.

13. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think we are the only team that took BPA instead of need thus far.

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

No complaints from me. Jets got the guy who many experts had as the #1 talent in the draft. Probably means Mo is getting traded though.

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I think the folks that are saying we already were set at D line and this doesnt make the team better have a point, but this guy was rated as the best player on MANY draft boards and NFL have him as the only player with a future all-pro grade. As an individual player, he was the safest guy to take. Lets see how it pans out.

17. fansince'66

fansince'66 New Member

I agree 100%. I was waiting for them to fuck up again, although Williams is supposed to be an excellent player. Muhammed plays the same position, so why fucking draft sort of a clone, but not as good. What are we going to get for Wilkerson? All teams know we are going to trade him now. Typical Woody. When we have a top player, we should be paying them as a top player, not treating them as crap and looking to take Woody's money. I hate Woody. All we had to do is take White and everything would would be great.

94Abraham likes this.
  18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Walt White and PulseJet like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Last line is so so foolish. So WR all of a sudden was a position of need? You don't need a WR, you don't need a DE but the hands down best defensive player in the draft and a guy being called the best player in the draft period is there when you pick. Why would you not take him?

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You have to have rocks in your head to not like this pick.
    Enjoy your nightmare tonight, Tom Brady.