Fill in the Blank. The Jets All-Time Worst Draft Pick BUST was _________.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Apr 16, 2015.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Vlad WHO?!?!

2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

so many picks--such little talent acquired-explains why Idzik and Rex are history.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Kyle Wilson is still in the NFL. :eek:

4. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD SOMEBODY BETTER BUMP THE KYLE WILSON THREAD

5. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Oh and Sanchez obviously how can I forget

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm not defending the pick or the trade and while he certainly did not live up to his 4th overall selection, I don't think Robertson was that bad a player. In his five years with the Jets he only missed 5 games and started all 16 games for 3 of those years. He recorded 14.5 sacks which is not bad for a DT. In addition, he started out as 4-3 tackle and was switched to 3-4 NT during his Jet stint. If I remember correctly, his career was cut short by a leg injury. I do not consider him a bust.

Kyle Wilson is a bust, but at least he's intercepted a pass or two. Gholston drafted #6 overall as a pass rushing DE from OSU, spent three years as a Jet and never recorded a single sack. Not only is he the Jets #1 bust, but he probably qualifies as one of the top 10 NFL busts of all time.

7. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

A guy leads a team to TWO AFC Championship games and he's an all-time bust?

I do not think the word means what you think it means...

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't consider Sanchez, a bust, just a bad pick, especially trading up for him even if it didn't cost much. That aside, he didn't lead the team to TWO AFC Championship games. That's just absurd. He was carried by the team to those games. Saying he lead the team to those Championship games is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on the internet.

9. Capt. Ace Nick

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm going with a guy that nobody will remember; well because he was so bad that most people don't even remember he was ever drafted. His name is Dorian Boose, now he wasn't a 1st round pick but he was our 1st pick in the 1998 Draft. An absolutely wonderful shit draft by Parcels as Scott Frost was our next pick but back to Boose. In only 3 seasons with the Jets (he only played 4 seasons in the NFL) he registered 13 tackles. That breaks down to .27 tackles per game in his career in New York. To add insult to injury Leonard Little who ended his career with 87 sacks (and a DUI resulting in the death of someone) was drafted just 9 picks later also playing the DE.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What Parecells did in those 1997, 1998 and 1999 drafts was all the evidence I needed that, while he was a great coach and changed the franchise, he should NEVER have been permitted to shop for the groceries.

Traded back and back and back for crap piled upon crap.

_

12. no psls

no psls Banned

Blair Thomas , hands down ; maybe we can blame Jerry Sandusky for this !!!!

13. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Oh cut the crap they went to those games in spite of him...looking at Sanchez's career as a whole, considering he was a top 5 pick, he's a bust. you draft a QB that high anything less than a franchise QB is a bust. End of story

14. Barry the Baptist

Just imagine,he doesn't fuck up the draft in 1997 it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Jets would have drafted Manning or Orlando Pace. Now just imagine this for one second. If the Jets draft Manning when Parcells steps down does the fact that Peyton Manning is the QB of the New York Jets make Bellicheat stick around the Swamp and not steal a million bucks from a dead man? Could you imagine Manning and Bellichump? No Brady, no tuck rule, no Massholes, no Kraft banging a 13 year old girl... really is sickening.

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Not counting the 2000 draft (Parcells was GM) here is what he did in the draft in three short years despite losing six high draft picks to the Patriots (Curtis Martin cost us a 1st and 3rd plus Parcells cost us a 1st, n2d, 3rd & 4th)

Round 1 - James Farrior starting OLB / ILB (230 game NFL career)
    Round 7 - Jason Fergeson starting DT (159 games)
    Round 4 - Jason Fabini starting LT (152 games)
    Round 2 - Randy Thomas pro bowl OG (143 games)
    Round 3 - Dedric Ward WR (103 games)
    Round 6 - Eric Obogu DE (93 games)
    Round 4 - Leon Johnson RB / Special teams (74 games)
    Round 6 - JP Mochado OG (69 games)
    Round 7 - Ryan Young (67 games)
    Round 3 - David Loverne OG (63 games)
    Round 3 - Scott Frost S (59 games)
    Round 2 - Dorian Boose DE (44 games)
    Round 3 - Kevin Williams CB (43 games)
    Round 5 Raymond Austin DB (43 games)

Considering that two of the players starting for us in the AFC championship game (Ryan Young and Jason Fergeson) were found by Parcells in round seven I would say he was one of the best drafters in NFL history.

16. Barry the Baptist

That's a little disingenuous , Farrior had his best years in Pittsburgh, JP Machado was a career backup (understandable for a 6th rounder) Loverne, Frost, Boose, Williams and Austin were nothing more than guys and 4 of them were drafted in the 3rd round and higher and they stunk. Boose had 13 career tackles with the Jets. Frost was a project. The late round offensive lineman were great picks and he deserves credit for that but most of those guys who he drafted weren't really that good.

17. JStokes

I'll have to find a post I did years ago but the constant trading down and down of 1st and 2nd and 3rd round picks for multiple 5th, 6th and 7th round picks that turned out to be complete and utter shit made those drafts criminal.

And that you list guys that played games for us doesn't really say anything about what types of players they were.

What about Casey Dailey and Doug Karczewski and Blake Spence and Eric Bateman and Chris Brazzel and and Dustin Johnson and Lawrence Hart and Tim Scharf and Chuck Clements and Marc Megna and JJ Syvrud and Steve Rosga? Those are the extra guys Parecells got for trading out of the top 3 rounds.

Tim Scharf and Steve Rosga? Are you kidding me?

The players we left on the table in those early rounds COULD have been pro bowl players or productive long term players but Parecells went the "throw as much shit at the walls in rounds 5-7 to see if it sticks" root.

He SUCKED at drafting.

Ooohhhh but he found Jason Ferguson in round 7! Yeah because he was a pothead. You know who he took BEFORE Ferguson?

Tim Scharf and Steve Rosga.

So don't go giving Parcells any medals for that.

_

18. JStokes

Yeah but Raymond Austin played 43 games for us.

_

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Please. That is ridiculous, absurd, asinine, and any other pejorative adjective one wants to use. Parcells SUCKED at the draft. If I had time right now, I'd list all the GREAT players he passed up to take the collection of shit that he did take.

BTW, you left Jeff Lageman out of your list.