JETS need to draft two pass rushers

Discussion in 'Draft' started by J_P_5, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Right. Time to get a QB.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree just not those two QB's. This is a bad year for QB's and just drafting one to draft one is not the way to go. Winston is the only stud QB and even he with his off-field issues is a high risk. Now I believe in the Ron Wolf philosophy of taking a QB every year until you either have one to start eventually or you can trade him away for some picks. But I don't see those types in this draft. Especially wasting a pick in the top 3 on one.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm so hurt LOL. You mean old cyber bully.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Winstons not a stud either. He's got scary mechanical issues aside from the off the field mess that he is. Maybe Mariota and Hundley aren't elite studs but I'm way more confident that they will be respectable starting QB's. What's wrong with that? This fanbase would kill for a QB that is at least solid.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If they go up and get Mariota ima be a happy camper.

I like Winston the QB, not so sure his act is authentic tho. If he's there at 6 and MM is gone I'll take him, unless I can get Rivers out of it..

6. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

I hope like heck we don't draft a Qb this year they all suc

boozer32 likes this.
  7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Super elite? Like they're right on the cusp? This defense gave up 31 points to GB, 31 points to SD, was shredded twice by Buffalo of all teams giving up 43 and 38 points, 30 points to Minn. and 401 points for the season, the worst in the AFC East with only 8 of the 32 NFL teams giving up more points. Revis and Cromartie while welcome additions won't turn this defense into world beaters themselves because there are multiple holes that one pass rusher alone won't fill let alone turn the NYJ into a super elite defense. Put simply, I wouldn't confuse this team with Seattle. And there are a hell of a lot of positions on offense that are in need of an upgrade starting at QB. So I wouldn't ordain this defense as only one player away from 'super elite' especially in April.

#27 joe, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i would 100% use my 2nd roud pick on depth/insurance.

i would also use my 1st on it if it wasnt so high to where i could take BPA and also get a position of need at the same time.

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yup... we need a pass rusher, but we also need help and safety and ILB. Harris is trash and really cant be counted on to do much other then tackle the guy who just caught a 10 yard pass on him.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Bingo. You take BPA when you're picking 28-32 and even then it's a reach to take say a guard when you have two stud guards. BPA is such a myth and so overused.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

We have needed a bonafide pass rusher for years and years. Really amazing the defensive minded coaches we have had stroll thru here in the last 15 years u have to go back to parcels taking Abraham. Hopefully bowles changes that next week.

12. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Agreed...Jets do need 2 Pass_Rushers. That would send Jets defense "over the edge." But do you get one this season & another one next season. Remember, Jets have Enemkpali, Ikemefuna, he showed potential...to go with Pace & Babin. Hey, I would still like to see Jets trade down with Clevekand & get 2 #1's. Draft a WR & Owa Odighizuwa, 3-4OLB, UCLA
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 267. This guy Owa is a beast. Owa Odighizuwa & Kevin White...my 2 favorite players. I also like RB Abdullah from Nebraska. Another Safety would be nice also.

13. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

If the Jets get 2 bona-fide Pass-Rushers...they win the division.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

We've needed a bona fide QB for 45 years.

Yeah, let's get a guy who won't change the franchise.

_

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And get knocked out in the first round.

_

16. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Maybe we get New England in round 1. My Tommy plays like a girl with less than 1.5 seconds to throw.

17. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

No, this defense hasn't played a game yet. We didn't have Bowles, his DC, Revis, Cro, Gilchrist, or the players we will draft next week, we had none of that last season.

The defense we have now is totally different, and MUCH improved from the one we had last season. What are these "multiple holes" you speak of?

18. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Yes Enemkpali looked pretty good on the left side at the end of last year, I'd feel pretty good with him and Pace rotating at that spot with a blue chip pass rusher on the other side

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The argument isn't whether the additions of 2015 won't produce an improved defense, it was about the contention that not only will this defense be elite, it will be 'super elite' if they add one pass rusher in the draft - while assuming they'll hit it out of the park with the pick. If not, hello old-timers Calvin no-Pace and Jason Babin.

Holes? On the edge (Coples having to play in space). Coverage holes in the middle (Harris' lack of speed). Coverage holes in the secondary (sorry but Marcus Gilchrist isn't a Cookie Gilchrist-caliber player). The two other LB pickups from the Pack and Vikes are backups, nothing more.

'Super Elite' is the '85 Bears, 2000 Ravens. The Jets while good are not one player away from being elite let alone super elite.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

OLB is not as important in Bowles system as other 3-4 schemes. He uses big nickel and dime players for that role with the OLB setting the edge. He could certainly use great pass rushers don't get me wrong but we spent a ton on defense, and needs at QB, WR, OL, and RB are higher than OLB. I see the Jets draft being extremely offense oriented. Would be shocked and angry if we did this. Bowles is about balance Rex the fucktard is gone.