Trouble with Mo?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think we should relax! The staff is focused on the draft...

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

From his rep. so of course it has spin from his side but these are voluntary workouts and classroom work. After the draft there is about 10-11 weeks before training camp so plenty of time to get the new deal done.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When we're discussing Mo's contract situation, remember it's Mo's agent that does all the talking while Mo's home on the couch hitting his favorite bong while looking up 'wizenators' ebay.

So while Mo's 'camp' may be asking for Watt money, It's not Mo himself sitting down with Macc. The two guys may never even meet until Mo comes in to sign his new contract.

Mo's represented by Chad Wiestling (Integrated Sports Management) so if anything it's Chad asking for a kings ransom.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yeah I feel like Mo himself thinks he is worth that kind of money.He's the third best defensive player on the team behind Sheldon and Revis

5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Mo get paid, but the team needed some immediate fixing thanks to the shoddy front office performance over the last few years. I was hoping Mo (being a potential Jet for life and that type of guy) would see it too. I feel like the plan was to get the team fixed up in the offseason and extend him after the draft as the first priority.

Additionally, I'd think he'd want to be a part of this defense with the MASSIVE repair job that was done on the back end. He's going to have that much more time to up his sack total when QB's can't just heave the ball up the second pressure gets there and knowing that there is a better than fair chance whoever he chucked it at will make the catch.

6. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

Harrison is a better run stopper (#1 in NFL according to profootballfocus) and Richardson is a better or is developing into a better pass defender but Mo is best overall. I really hope we can lock him up.

Dreadmadseen likes this.
  7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I tend to be more pro-player here than most when it comes to negotiations on contracts. But it seems like the team has made efforts to reach out to Wilkerson, and then we hear about the big numbers in the contracts for Watt and Suh. I just hope Wilk does not think he should be paid an amount equivalent to them, since as good as he is, he is not really that good.

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis likes this.
  8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Holdouts just follow Revis around...

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It's a negotiating tactic. I'm not worried yet

10. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

At this point, it's all overreaction. Wilkerson, if healthy, will put up big numbers this season, and will be in a stronger position to argue for a top-3 salary for a 3-4 DE. Hopefully, he's sitting this one out just to make sure that he doesn't get hurt (and not for some silly contract issue). Either way, nothing to see here.

11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lol picturing mo hitting a bong made me laugh a bit

12. Footballgod214

Give the man credit. He's doing everything he can to emulate on of the Jets all time great D-Lineman, Shuan Ellis.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  13. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

I like the fact that his agent cited that it was bc he viewed his own work out as better. While that's obviously not the case, it seems like Mo and his agent are trying to be as passive as possible, trying to avoid a hold out while still demonstrating that Mo wants to get paid (and rightfully so).

14. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

He's definitely no Watt or Suh, but those two are freaks. I think he's in the second tier which includes him, Wake, Richardson, Wilfork (depending on how his age effects him), etc. He deserves decent money, no Revis deal but come on... Look at what Brick is getting paid.

15. Footballgod214

Mo should dbl his sack total just on 'coverage sacks' alone. With our new secondary QBs can hold the ball 12 seconds and still not find anyone open!

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if im mo i want what suh got or i hold out the year and force them to franchise me.

this is his best chance to make money. likely his biggest contract he will ever get. its worth holding out for

17. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

If we move up, it's probably for Mariota, not Leonard Williams.....

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

an injury can happen at any time and a player always wants long term security but he'd be wise to wait until after this year. I think he's going to put up monster #s and that will earn him a bigger deal, we'd be wise to lock him up before this season.

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

These are just voluntary workouts and they aren't even allowed to engage in football activities. I have no doubt that MO is working out on his own and is staying in good shape.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well if you were Wilk and you thought you were at least as good as Suh, you would be wrong.

It's apples oranges anyway. Suh was a free agent. Wilk is still under contract. They don't have the same situations.